Who is behind the #August1Warning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
So, I hear it was indeed Ortiz. Hahahaha, so bad.

I never got a chance to post it and never thought it would actually be him but a very strong possibility was Davey Richards. His contract with ROH expired today last I read, he cancelled a PWG booking for later this month, and the shaved head figure could've easily been him.

Edit: How long until Rampage vs Tito vs King Mo for the TNA World Heavyweight championship?

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The Tito Ortiz logic - when I get in a fight with Dana White, I'm just gonna run to pro wrestling 'cause I suck and can't win a fight to save my life!!! Maybe that's where Rampage got it from considering him and Ortiz were team mates, however Rampage left on his own terms.

How long until Rampage vs Tito vs King Mo for the TNA World Heavyweight championship?

To be honest, I see Rampage and King Mo teaming considering they were talking about it a while back but now that we're on the subject...

I'D RATHER HAVE ALL FUCKING HELL FREEZE OVER!!!!!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The team of King Mo and Rampage would be classic. Packed with intentional and unintentional humor around every corner. But no Tito please.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The team of King Mo and Rampage would be classic. Packed with intentional and unintentional humor around every corner. But no Tito please.

I could imagine "Mo cool 'cause he's black" being a common jab between the two like in their youtube "beef squash." :lol:

[video=youtube;ofwFwb-F4zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofwFwb-F4zo[/video]

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That's actually an interesting interview from Rampage. He'd lose to Chael hands down but I agree that people like Chael win in the most underwhelming way possible. I'd actually rather watch Rampage get knocked out than watch Chael win a fight any day of the week.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I don't agree entirely what he said about Chael, his pace is what impresses me the most. I mean other than the Bisping fight he just keeps coming forward. Truth be told, what he's saying is the same thing people would say about Cain Velasquez if they ever watched his fights - the only difference is that Cain has the speed and his size also helps him generate some more power into his ground and pound. I think if any fan should step into the cage and tell me how hard it is to finish a fight before they criticize any fighter on doing so, and I only say that because my style of fighting is similar to that of Cain, Chael, St-Pierre, or Edgar but I always try to finish.

It's not like Rampage can say much anyways considering when was the last time he finished a fight? Pretty sure it was when he knocked out Wanderlei and since than he's been 3-4. And if he's a got a problem with Chael doing what he does, why doesn't he try stopping the takedown? But instead he ran off to pro wrestling like the little whiney baby that he is 'cause he can't beat anybody in today's game.

I do however agree with the fact that Chael does talk too much considering he's talked smack about pretty much everybody from Arianny to the NFL.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Very disappointed with it being Ortiz, I'd have rather it had been Adam Pearce.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
So glad TNA made a section of their roster redundant due to "cost cutting measures" so they could bring in yet another MMA star who won't be wrestling every week (or at all)

And yes, I'm aware Bellator are probably footing a lot of the wage bill, but still, fuck this company.

The Viper

Reaction score
It's cool that a TNA thread turned into stupid MMA talk....

After cooling off, I just blame Spike and Bellator for pushing Tito onto TNA. They don't need him and we don't want him.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It's cool that a TNA thread turned into stupid MMA talk....

After cooling off, I just blame Spike and Bellator for pushing Tito onto TNA. They don't need him and we don't want him.

Well the thread is about an MMA fighter so it hardly qualifies as stupid MMA talk. Anyways I think most would agree that MMA is much more delightful than this bag of dogshit debut that happened.

The Viper

Reaction score
Well the thread is about an MMA fighter so it hardly qualifies as stupid MMA talk. Anyways I think most would agree that MMA is much more delightful than this bag of dogshit debut that happened.

But it does qualify because MMA is stupid and fake.

The debut was dreadful and Dixie or whoever is fucking stupid for going with it but I put all the blame on Spike for this. TNA ain't paying Tito shit. Spike is. So they're the cunts here.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
But it does qualify because MMA is stupid and fake.

The debut was dreadful and Dixie or whoever is fucking stupid for going with it but I put all the blame on Spike for this. TNA ain't paying Tito shit. Spike is. So they're the cunts here.

I'm pretty sure TNA can reject Spike's advances if they wanted or at least introduce him in some other environment besides the main event scene. Hell, a run-in by him in the MEM vs Aces match would be at least more entertaining. I mean Jesus... that was one of the worst debuts I've ever witnessed. There was no shock value and there was no true meaning. All the things said in the video meant nothing because he took no action. He could have come in an KOd Dixie and I would have been more accepting of it.

The Viper

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure TNA can reject Spike's advances if they wanted or at least introduce him in some other environment besides the main event scene. Hell, a run-in by him in the MEM vs Aces match would be at least more entertaining. I mean Jesus... that was one of the worst debuts I've ever witnessed. There was no shock value and there was no true meaning. All the things said in the video meant nothing because he took no action. He could have come in an KOd Dixie and I would have been more accepting of it.

Like Dixie has the capability of saying 'no' to someone :lol: She's just glad she still gets air time. She'll do whatever Hulk, Sting or Spike say. She's a puppet.

Anyway, I agree the debut itself was so damn bad. Straight silence from the fans. They had to have felt like they were ripped off. Despite it only having about a day or two of build up, people wanted to see who August 1 was.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Like Dixie has the capability of saying 'no' to someone :lol: She's just glad she still gets air time. She'll do whatever Hulk, Sting or Spike say. She's a puppet.

Anyway, I agree the debut itself was so damn bad. Straight silence from the fans. They had to have felt like they were ripped off. Despite it only having about a day or two of build up, people wanted to see who August 1 was.

The silence was almost deafening.