Who in the WWE doesn't need the world championship belt?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
Agreed that was pretty much my point as to how they don't exactly need the belt to put over a guy. Adding a world title to it just adds to it but not exactly needed.

If Cena vs. The Rock had the WWE title in it, do you think it would make the match bigger though? Personally, I think it would just spoil the finish.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would just be beyond overkill since it doesn't need any help once so ever. I was purely speaking on if they did something like Triple H as the world champion against Dolph for example. That match would help Dolph regardless if he was made to look good or win but if you added the world title it would could help Dolph even more.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I'm glad it's not a championship match too. That would be a total waste of a championship match.

Especially given the premise of their feud.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, Big Show, Cena, Kane.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Before he won the title, I would've said The Miz. Even before cracked the title scene - before he even won MITB - he was massively over as a heel. He just knows what buttons to press, what tone to put into his voice and what to say to get the crowd against him.

The only thing the WWE Championship really did for The Miz was give him typical heel bragging rights. His career has been otherwise at the same level over the last couple of years because he knows how to connect with the fans. He can keep himself relevant just by giving him the mic.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's a surprisingly good point that I never really took into consideration when I was thinking about people who don't need the belt. I think the best example of it was the fact that he main evented SS against Cena and Rock where there was no title involved at all.

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I'd say Jericho, Taker, Trips, Kane, and even Cena & Orton. You can label them all as veterans of the game, and they all also held the title plenty of times.

Pretty much, anyone established on their level doesn't really need the title, but it wouldn't do any harm putting the belt on them.

Yeah, I agree with that list. The veterans don't need the belt anymore. Although, I am a huge Jericho mark (yes, I admit it), I understand that he doesn't need the belt at this point in his career.

Altervers

Reaction score
Mostly only the older guys, Names like Jericho, Taker, HHH and Cena come to mind. I suppose i would throw Punk into this mix as well. But nobody lower on the card like the example you gave of Piper who never won the big one.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Jericho, Orton, Cena, HHH, Taker and Big Show were the 1st one's who came to my mind. I would include Punk because he's a lot like Jericho in that neither needs a title to remain over but since he hasn't been a true main eventer for long I'll leave him off.

Last edited:

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Undertaker, HHH, Cena, Orton, Big Show, Booker T, Jericho, Kane

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
Undertaker, HHH, Orton, Jericho, and John Cena (as much as it pains me to admit that). Those are the only 5 guys right now that I can think of that don't need the title. As for Punk, this is really his first real push with the title, and yes I know he has been a world champion before but he was a transitional champion and he came close to being buried in the midcard ranks, Punk needs at least a few more reigns and he is good to go. The Big Slow just plain sucks and is boring to watch now as a baby face, as a heel though, he is a believable monster and no he doesn't need the title if he was a heel.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Taker, HHH, Cena, Show and probably Kane.

To be honest I think Orton needs it at times and others he doesn't. I mean if he's recently had the title, then no, the crowd seem into him and love him. However after a few months his shit seems to get a bit stale and boring so I think he needs it at times.