Who Deserves To Win The Big One That Hasn't?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

3lions

Reaction score
Nobody 'deserves' a World Title run in WWE that hasn't already had one. There is no RVD/Benoit/Eddie for example, who everyone agreed deserved a reign. Nobody else is good enough. Kennedy will get his reign when he stops fucking himself over and does more than take drugs and repeats his name. MVP is still young and has only been around a year. He'deserves' his US TItle reign, that's it.

If I had to say someone, I'd choose Matt Hardy, but even that's a stretch. He has never showed enough charisma or 'star quality' to warrant a World Title reign (although he deserves to be in and around the ME scene).

MJ807

Reaction score
Yeah pretty much the only post I agree with is 3Lions Hardy out of everyone that has never won a championship is the only one that actually deserves the title. Some People said Jeff hardy but he can't be trusted enough to be the world champion he may get there someday but the only guy who deserves to be anywhere near the championhsip and has never won it is Matt Hardy.

xtremebadass

Jeff Hardy, MVP, Kennedy, and Carlito. Monty Brown for sure if he was still there...long live TNA.

The Rated R CMStar

I have to agree with 3Lions in this one. RVD had been a top dog and even a draw for WWE for years, and Benoit and Eddie where way over with the crowd.

MVP, he has only been praised for half year and people is already asking for the World Title, he's running SD "midcard", let him shine there for a while.

Jeff is popular, well not popular, he is way, way over, but he isn't that main event draw. I know for a fact that I wouldn't buy a PPV in which the main event was Jeff Hardy vs Random Heel. At least not yet.

Matt Hardy, he was being jobbed and served in a pitty gimmick to the crowd let's say just before Jeff Hardy returned. He is still fighting for the US title. But you can't tell from miles that WWE wants to invest on him, giving him promo time and a good, solid, long storyline.

The rest are still too under accomplished to be making a big argument of being champion. Mr. Kennedy keeps fucking himself up and his career, either by a bad call from a doctor, a death from a fellow wrestler or himself taking steroids. Umaga needs to be built again as well as Kane

LKP

Yeah but we know the people we have listed will be champions int he future they may not be wwe or world champion but most the guys like jeff hardy,carlito,benjamin will all become ecw champion just not world title. MAtt ahrdy will win the world title one day but will either lose it the week after or day after.

3lions

Reaction score
^^^ Shut the fuck up.

Some of you people don't udnerstand the question being asked in this thread. it is 'Who deserve's to win the big one that hasn't?' Not who you think will win it in the future. How can anyone sit there and say Burke deserve's to win the 'big one?' And no, ECW World Title is not classed as 'the big one.' MVP is sure to win a World Title in years to come (if he continue's to progress at his current pace), but does he deserve sure an honour at the moment? Fuck no! As for Shelton Benjamin...stick to falling off the top rope. You will never become World Champion. He's a great athlete, but too error prone and talks like he has no teeth.

V.V.

Reaction score
The person I would pick that deserves to win the BIG ONE, would be Val Venis. He deserves it the most I am sure of it.

LKP

Nah he dont deserve a world title shot hes good and underused. Looks like val venis is our flavour of the week. You will all be getting on the back of someone else next week.

Reaction score
The person I would pick that deserves to win the BIG ONE, would be Val Venis. He deserves it the most I am sure of it.

Yeah, its too bad 1999 ended 8 years ago, otherwise, definetly Val is a contender for the title...what a shame.

Who deserves to win the gold that hasn't? Not sure, the guys who will be in the main event in a few years aren't ready now. My closest guess is Matt Hardy but I don't really think he should win it either. Ask me this question again in a year or two...

As for Jeff Hardy who a lot of people have been saying, no way. He can draw, but only as part of a package with his brother as a tag team. He's a solid IC champ, thats really the best he's going to get in singles competition. Add that he's sloppy in the ring, his only real claim to fame (in singles comp.) is doing Swantons off ladders, and he isn't good enough on the mic. No way he can ever get a world title IMO.

Marvel26

Reaction score
Raw- Umaga- Lashley
SD!- Matt Hardy- Mark Henry
ECW- Elijah Burke

C4

MVP needs one to get himself a big push, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy both need a big Championship atleast once and that's about it.

Reaction score
Raw:

Shelton Benjamin- He has gone through a ton of gimmick changes. From WGTT, to underdog face, to big mommas boy, "to because I'm black", and back to WGTT. Now he is in sort of a limbo. I really like him as an underdog face, he is one of the few face superstars that I wouldn't mind having a long title run.

Smackdown:

Finlay- He has been a major asset to Smackdown. He has helped get people over in the ring, and he isn't getting any younger. He could be interesting as champion as he is solid in the ring. He is one of the few true brawlers left in wrestling and I'd love to see him have a run with the world title, even if he is just a transitional champion.

ECW:

Tommy Dreamer- He isn't overly special in the ring, but I love watching him. He is the face of the old Ecw and I want him as champion sooo bad!

Reaction score
Finlay is a good choice....he should win it even if it is as a transitional champ......he's someone who deserves it

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
Smackdown: Mark Henry or Kane (I can't see either picking up a World Heavyweight title or WWE title reign in 07)
ECW: Kevin Thorn or Elijah Burke (Thorn has so much potential and burke is...burke)
Raw: Sure as hell not val venis or randy orton.