Who Deserves To Win The Big One That Hasn't?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Burke, Kennedy, Benjamin, Carlito and Matt Hardy. But knowing the WWE writers this will probably never happen.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I laugh at everyone who said either Hardy brother.

The first names that come into my head are Umaga(if he's built up as a monster again), Lashley and after thinking about it, Regal. Regal is basically the last veteran technical wrestler. He has great charisma and knows how to keep the crowd's attention. Only thing causing him from getting the title is McMahon.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
come on people its easy...Its someone who is not even active anymore....Piper...he never had the big one...I say give him a short run with it so he can have that under his wing then go ahead and officially retire from wrestling.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Hmm...not so sure about the Piper title reign, I dont think it would benefit to the WWE at all. I can't see this happening at all.

As far as the initial topic, there is only one name that comes to mind that deserves to win the "Big One" that hasn't and that is Finlay. I definitely feel as if Finlay would deserve a title reign on Smackdown and/or ECW. He's a very important part of Smackdown in my mind, and would be a decent champion for a 1-2 month stretch.

I can't see either Hardy ever being a World Champ. MVP is a good choice, but he has only been around for like a year so he'll get his eventually. He's definitely on the right track.

Another name that was brought up is Umaga. While, I agree with this to a certain extent. It would have to be on Smackdown. I really can't see Umaga getting a title reign on RAW. Time will tell if Umaga is worthy of being a title holder, but right now I think he would make a decent champ on Smackdown as the Unbeatable Monster Heel.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

carlito deserves a run on top even if on ecw. i agree with finlay and matt dserves his go. lashley is shit and will always be. listening to a man who sounds like a chick is not going to scare his opponents. i would also agree with the umaga smackdown title

Bradders

Reaction score
Easily Matt Hardy, he has done everything for this company through thick and thin and he has never complained. Being stuck in mid card hasn't affected him and he is one of only a select few who are true superstars because they act like that.

Travis40

Best Superstar to never hold a World Title

Who has paid their dues and is over enough to get the World Title...RVD used to be described as the Best wrestler to never hold a world title...then he won the WWE Title at ONS 2. I'll have 10 options and you guys vote!

Jeff Hardy - Great wrestler. Has had many great matches. I think he's gonna get a World Title reign once in his career...but it'll be very, very short.

Great Jeff Hardy Matches:
vs. Chris Jericho, No Way Out 2003
vs. MNM vs. L&K vs. Regal and Taylor, Armageddon 2006
vs. Dudleyz vs. E&C, WrestleMania 16 and 17
vs. Undertaker, Raw 2002
vs. Edge, Raw 2006
vs. Johnny Nitro, Raw 2006

Matt Hardy - Another great wrestler, I think he's better than Jeff, as do many. He's accomplished alot in his career, and he's only been around for almost 10 years now in the WWE...excluding the March 2005-July 2005 absence. I think that Matt will hold 3 World Titles in his career.

Great Matt Hardy Matches:
vs. Rey Mysterio, WrestleMania XIX
vs. Dudleyz vs. E&C, WrestleMania 16 and 17
vs. MNM vs. L&K vs. Regal and Taylor, Armageddon 2006
vs. Shelton vs. Finlay vs. Lashely vs. Flair vs. RVD, WrestleMania 22
vs. Orton vs. Finlay vs. Edge vs. Jeff vs. Kennedy vs. Punk vs. Booker, WrestleMania 23
vs. Edge, throughout 2005

Shelton Benjamin - Okay...he deserves the World Title, he's an awesome athlete and an awesome wrestler. That's why he was the OVW Tag Team Champions with Brock Lesnar, because WWE thought that Benjamin was the next big thing...but somehow I think Shelton fucked up and WWE shoved him into Team Angle w/ Kurt Angle and Charlie Haas.

Great Shelton Benjamin Matches:
vs. Triple H, Raw 2005
vs. Rhyno and Chris Benoit vs. Los Guerreros, WrestleMania XIX
vs. Christian, Survivor Series 2004
vs. Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman, Vengeance 2003
vs. Edge vs. Benoit vs. Kane vs. Christian vs. Jericho, WrestleMania 21
vs. Finlay vs. Matt vs. RVD vs. Flair vs. Lashely, WrestleMania 22
vs. Shawn Michaels, Raw 2005
vs. RVD, Backlash 2006
vs. Carlito vs. Nitro, Vengeance 2006
vs. Orton, Bad Blood 2004

I'll add more later on when I can remember some people...but I'll add 7 more which will make 10. Who do you think is one of the best superstars to never hold a world title? Do you think it's Shelton? Jeff? Matt?...you decide.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I would say that its probably Matt with Jeff in a close second and Shelton in an extremely distant third. I really don't like Shelton very much. He has tremendous ability however he consistenly fucks up his moves, has little to no mic skills, and has absolutely zero charisma. I have no idea whether Shelton is a heel or face, thats actually a lie I know hes a heel but he get so little reaction when he comes out you can't really tell.

I think Matt and Jeff both deserve World Titles. I think Matt is ready to carry the WHC but I know that won't happen. I used to think it was the other way around but when I saw Smackdown live 4 rows from the ring I realize how awesome he really is. He also has some skill on the mic which has been showcased during his feud with MVP, which has been a pretty good feud imo. Matt's a bad ass dude and I think he defently should get a World Title reign sometime soon.

Jeff Hardy is amazing imo. He does some of the craziest things I've ever seen and I personally think he might be unable to die or get injured because some of the bumps he took he should be paralized by now. No one is more over with the fans than Jeff, but hes weak on the mic too and I just don't see him carrying a World Title. Hes perfect for the IC belt and I think he could definitely have a long reign has the ECW champ, but I can't see him holding any of the other 2 major titles for longer than say 1 night.

THE THIRD EYE

Reaction score
hey great read ... i will say Shelton Benjamin but . i don`t know why wwe did not give em a chance or he is shat to be that one.
he realy buried when he was with hass tag team............

hbk4894

Reaction score
Mr Kennedy Should be world champion soon he had a great match on raw vs jeff hardy it was a 4 star match and it should be either hardy or kennedy who faces orton at cyber sunday not hbk

LKP

Mr kennedy,carlito and benjamin. Only though if they all either turn face ,heel or move shows cause the shows they are on now (raw) neither of them will exceed. If all 3 were on smackdown or ecw i could see them holding gold. Its to early in their careers for title shots on raw yet.

Travis40

Well...I was meaning people who have been with the WWE for 5 years or more because Benjamin is just about at 5 years in December. But yeah, Kennedy's good, but not as good as the Hardys or Benjamin...I might add Haas in here. He's really underrated.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I think Haas is horrible. Hes an even worse wrestler, worse on the mic, and has even less charisma than Shelton. At least Shelton pulls off some good moves from time to time. I agree that Kennedy needs to get some gold, I really, really like him. I hated him for a while and then after he won the MITB I really started to like him and I was thrilled when he came to Raw, of course that was before they barried him and had start jobbing to Super Crazy and others. Kennedy hasn't been there that long though so I understand why he wasn't on your original list.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Mr Kennedy Should be world champion soon he had a great match on raw vs jeff hardy it was a 4 star match and it should be either hardy or kennedy who faces orton at cyber sunday not hbk

Like you can judge how good a match is?

That's all you do is jump on the bandwagon of who everybody loves/hates & act as though you "Know the business"... THe sad truth is, you & most people know near nothing.

As for this topic, i was going to create this thread in the Classic Wrestling section & maybe give it a more classic feel to it but what the heck! I'd have to say like many others here have said, probably both Hardyz even though Jeff has zero charisma! Matt isn't half to bad on the Mic IMO so to say he'll never be world champion is wrong like so many people here do. Other than that, i can't really think of many people that have been in WWE now since the late 90's to warrant a World Title status!

I will say though, Stevie Richards should've atleast had a Upper Mid-Card title back in 00/02!

Reaction score
I say Kane, his reign didn't really count and beside throw in his mask and a tittle shot and the ratings will shoot, shoot, shoot up mfers!!!!