Where in the World is CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You're in like Chris Broussard mode right now with this story with all these multiple sources.
Chris-Broussard-Sources.jpg

Reactions: PHX

Shakey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I wonder how much if any AJ Lee will suffer i think if she drops belt on raw or something it's legit

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm really getting sick of all of the rumors.

Punk doesn't have a good relationship with Vince? What? He just said he texts him all the time in the middle of the night (and has told that story a few times). Yeah, I'm sure they disagree creatively, but Punk has said that time and again as well.

He is burnt out. He has said for a while that he is in pain, and we know he doesn't take meds to dull the pain at all. He needs a break. NFL players get 4 months off completely away from the team if they choose not to do their own workouts with teammates outside of the facilities. NBA players get 3 months off. MLB players 3 months. Boxers can get 9 months off. MMA fighters can get 4 months to a year off. In WWE, you get 1 full day off every week, and you're constantly on planes or driving at ridiculous hours. You're taking crazy bumps and wrestling hurt, or injured. The guy had major surgery and was only out JUST UNDER 2 months, and returned to take on a monster in Brock Lesnar, who, despite this sport being 'fake', literally beats the snot out of his opponents. Yeah, there are guys who have been injured and come back fast (Cena) and don't openly complain, but the miles (as Punk said) are different between the two.

If you want to call him soft compared to SOME of his counterparts in professional wrestling, go ahead. Stupid, but go ahead. But don't sit here and act like it is pussy of a guy to work in the wrestling business AS WELL AS the entertainment business that the WWE is currently and want a break from it all for a while. I mean, just the fact that everyone involved in the business to comment on this so far who said he needs a break because he works his ass off harder than almost anyone should tell you something.

Does things like Sting and Dave and Triple H weigh on his mind? I'm sure it does. He played ball for the bullshit with The Rock... can you blame him for being fed up of WWE constantly pushing the mission he has been trying to really change for years, knowing now that he is clearly fighting a losing battle? If he's really gone, for good, can't blame him. If he's taking a break, I'm sure he needs it.

I do think it's a work... but the realism of it is intriguing, because he is on record of saying he needs a break.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You know if he leaves, WWE replaces him with a Sami Calahan, Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins. The wheel keeps turning and we all remember CM Punk, but we don't really miss him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You know if he leaves, WWE replaces him with a Sami Calahan, Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins. The wheel keeps turning and we all remember CM Punk, but we don't really miss him.
Doesn't really work like that and can't speak for everybody. You could still like all those guys you mentioned and still miss CM Punk if you were a fan of him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just saying the motherfucker leaving isn't going to be catastrophic and lose a lot of viewers.

Got a not a fuck was given pic saved for the "CM Punk released" thread.

Reactions: The Cork

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd send Bryan out there like Rock to say CM Punk can take his ball and go home.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'd send Bryan out there like Rock to say CM Punk can take his ball and go home.
This is like the 5th time I've seen someone say this on the internet so far.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
This is like the 5th time I've seen someone say this on the internet so far.
To me its a 4 way toss up.

Obvious choice is Triple H

Bryan can do it because he's the guy Punk claimed to be. Bryan paid his dues, earned his way, got fired, wasn't handed a triple crown by Vince freely, got to his spot because he earned it and the fans demanded it, etc. The risk is him getting some hate

Batista could eat it up of you let him go heel and no script like his promos to Cena, but he's likely to go so far off pg.

The other wildcard guy I would send out to do it is Miz. Punk has tried to shit on him before because he doesn't like the guy. I'd give Miz the live mic and say shoot on the motherfucker. I mean let Miz go out there and go off for him being more professional than punk, having more respect for the business, place on the card, and the fact he did out draw Punk when you compare their reigns. It would be the best way to relaunch Miz and his heel character and he has the mic skills and motivation to kill it.

Last edited:

Weez

Reaction score
They're reporting this on FoxSports.com now. If it's a work, they're REALLY fucking selling it lol

Reactions: Andrew

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fox is getting in that practice. You know they can make a bid to wwe soon.

BB

Reaction score
I'm really getting sick of all of the rumors.

Punk doesn't have a good relationship with Vince? What? He just said he texts him all the time in the middle of the night (and has told that story a few times). Yeah, I'm sure they disagree creatively, but Punk has said that time and again as well.

He is burnt out. He has said for a while that he is in pain, and we know he doesn't take meds to dull the pain at all. He needs a break. NFL players get 4 months off completely away from the team if they choose not to do their own workouts with teammates outside of the facilities. NBA players get 3 months off. MLB players 3 months. Boxers can get 9 months off. MMA fighters can get 4 months to a year off. In WWE, you get 1 full day off every week, and you're constantly on planes or driving at ridiculous hours. You're taking crazy bumps and wrestling hurt, or injured. The guy had major surgery and was only out JUST UNDER 2 months, and returned to take on a monster in Brock Lesnar, who, despite this sport being 'fake', literally beats the snot out of his opponents. Yeah, there are guys who have been injured and come back fast (Cena) and don't openly complain, but the miles (as Punk said) are different between the two.

If you want to call him soft compared to SOME of his counterparts in professional wrestling, go ahead. Stupid, but go ahead. But don't sit here and act like it is pussy of a guy to work in the wrestling business AS WELL AS the entertainment business that the WWE is currently and want a break from it all for a while. I mean, just the fact that everyone involved in the business to comment on this so far who said he needs a break because he works his ass off harder than almost anyone should tell you something.

Does things like Sting and Dave and Triple H weigh on his mind? I'm sure it does. He played ball for the bullshit with The Rock... can you blame him for being fed up of WWE constantly pushing the mission he has been trying to really change for years, knowing now that he is clearly fighting a losing battle? If he's really gone, for good, can't blame him. If he's taking a break, I'm sure he needs it.

I do think it's a work... but the realism of it is intriguing, because he is on record of saying he needs a break.
I am sure when CM Punk first started in the wrestling business he knew how tough it would be. At the end of the day the industry isn't for the faint-hearted. I don't know what it is with Punk but he seems to take issue with every little thing to do with the WWE. He would moan on Twitter and at public events. Punk had all sorts of chances handed to him whilst he was in the WWE. I'm just surprised that Vince McMahon didn't terminate his contract and tell him to join the unemployment line where there are more deserving people looking for jobs. I don't dislike Punk, I just dislike his egotistical attention seeking personality.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I wake up and the first thing I read on the internet is CM Punk has left.

This is going to be a glorious day. @SAIYANS , we can finally watch Raw again!

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Thing is, CM Punk wasn't that great bad; he has had in place in the product; I've would of liked to see im go on a mega-midcard title run and make them something.

Punk's biggest problem, his greatest attribute was probably his ultimate demise, his attitude plus they fluffed the whole BITW/Pipe-Bomb gimmick within a few months and he came a bit stale and didn't offer anything different.

Plus my god, his fans are almost as big of a mark for him as himself; there were quite a few other wrestlers I preferred through out Punk's career in WWE including some big men :L.