Where in the World is CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If those same people were asking for refunds and not attending those games it would show the owners more than looking like an asshole heckling the players.

Toronto Maple Leafs have been shit for more than a decade, but they sell out every game. You think the owners give a shit if their team wins a Stanley Cup? Would be just as happy with a few moe playoff games. If that team was losing fan attendance u sure bet they would look to right that ship.

Also, crowd reaction not equating to revenue or viewership means that's all it is. Thinking one correlates to the other is just bing a dumbshit IMO. If we go by that logic it means Goldust should be a mainventer or Road Dogg and Billy Gunn because the crowds are eating up that shit too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah to be honest this thread could have ended 10 pages ago with two posts:

"Punk's a dick, I was entertained by him though." Or "Punk's a dick and he never really entertained me."

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Punk performed well? He half assed it and turned it all the way to he max for draws. He gave Ambrose and the like severely less fucks than Cena gives a Sandow or Orton gives a Kofi on a random episode of raw because his ego more so than body doesn't see them as worthy of stepping up and making him money,

You're one of those paper bag guys aren't you Luke?

And yeah I got a newsflash for ya. The same people who have been chanting Cena sucks for years buy the damn kids the merch , the girl the merch, etc which means they are funding Cenas stay on the top by a gigantic gap between him and the rest of the board. They continue to fund him and have for almost a decade. He's at top thanks to all the guys who chant he sucks to be cool when he outperforms the like of a Punk on average (check any match with a shield member) and works a harder schedule because they actually in some ass backwards way pay for the brand. They watch the shows involving him, buy the ppv, and flock to the house show cards which Punk hasn't gotten down year after all these years and which Bryan still isn't drawing at yet. He's main evented two manias that have made history for their buys and gate revenues. Just this week his main event with Orton, much like his TLC match outdrew anything Bryan's run did and it was up against the Olympics with over 20 million people watching. You can't honestly believe people don't say stupid ahit regarding Cena just to hate to be cool, like 5 moves of doom, you can't wrestle, and Cena sucks and them turn around and pump more actual cash and views into him than the Indy gods they cheer for so loudly

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah to be honest this thread could have ended 10 pages ago with two posts:

"Punk's a dick, I was entertained by him though." Or "Punk's a dick and he never really entertained me."

I choose option 3. Punk's a dick, he can be mildly to very entertaining with the right motivation, but it also be annoying watching him be defended when others would be blasted in his shoes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I choose option 3. Punk's a dick, he can be mildly to very entertaining with the right motivation, but it also be annoying watching him be defended when others would be blasted in his shoes

Option 3 is some TNA shit, you stick to the script jobber.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Option 3 is some TNA shit, you stick to the script jobber.
I thought I was selling that option as my own pipe bomb :vince:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
kayfabe!!! This isn't on our format sheet Schiavone..... :fatmarkmaddenpic:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
You keep bringing up Punk vs. The Shield... but as I've said several times in this thread, PUNK IS BEAT UP! Foley even said that he himself asked Punk to stop doing the elbow drop because he knew Punk was in a lot of pain from it. You think Punk walking out after admitting he had some shitty matches that didn't deserve to be on RAW is all a coincidence?

Hell, there's even a report out there that Punk was so beat up he reminded Michael Hayes of Eddie Guerrero in his final months, when it took everything he could muster to get out there in front of the crowd and give a 5-minute match with a cheap finish.

When you need a break, you need a break. Punk has, in all reality, been performing like crazy for a decade, and was performing even more tough than that for almost a decade before.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Punks elbow drop is a pain because he delivers the damn thing right like 2/10 times and it always turns into a splash the other 8. When you sign a contract you sign a contract, and he didn't honor it and shouldn't be praised for taking his ball and going home nor mailing it in how he did. If he returns to a title match before mania, did he suddenly heal? No he just got what his petulant self inflated ego wanted, the world to look at him.

And really it irks me more so to see people talk about chanting CM Punk, or tweet bring back CM Punk. Pie walked out, wasn't fired. And it isn't helping a guy like Ziggler for example who goes out there and busts his ass only to have Punks name chanted during his match because its cool. Its outright disrespectful and should go away because punk turned his back on the company and his fans, not the other way around at all is my point. He's not a mortar, he's a dick who didn't get his way or honor his contract

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I heard a report too, where the roster is all glad he's gone because he was acting like 97 HBK. If he's beat up, learn to work smarter. There are shortcuts great workers use to extend their careers. But again indie marks and Japanaphiles like Punk think "going hard" is workrate.

The jobs tough, deal with it.

Reactions: The Cork

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I heard a report too, where the roster is all glad he's gone because he was acting like 97 HBK. If he's beat up, learn to work smarter. There are shortcuts great workers use to extend their careers. But again indie marks and Japanaphiles like Punk think "going hard" is workrate.

The jobs tough, deal with it.

I find this insulting sir! Punk's RoH stuff was absolute garbage and the worst of any of the good set of RoH Wrestlers; Joe carried him like three, four times and he's nowhere as good as likes of Misawa etc; in fact he'd cry and complain because they hit him too hard lol.

Pretty agree with Deezy and Saiyans, he's a little bitch with an inflated ego which is quite unjustified and his year long reign I still believe was down to dumb luck he was in the right place at the right time being The WWE Champion when they made the whole The Rock vs The WWE Champion at The Royal Rumble shebang.

Reactions: The Cork

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Punk performed well? He half assed it and turned it all the way to he max for draws. He gave Ambrose and the like severely less fucks than Cena gives a Sandow or Orton gives a Kofi on a random episode of raw because his ego more so than body doesn't see them as worthy of stepping up and making him money,

You're one of those paper bag guys aren't you Luke?

And yeah I got a newsflash for ya. The same people who have been chanting Cena sucks for years buy the damn kids the merch , the girl the merch, etc which means they are funding Cenas stay on the top by a gigantic gap between him and the rest of the board. They continue to fund him and have for almost a decade. He's at top thanks to all the guys who chant he sucks to be cool when he outperforms the like of a Punk on average (check any match with a shield member) and works a harder schedule because they actually in some ass backwards way pay for the brand. They watch the shows involving him, buy the ppv, and flock to the house show cards which Punk hasn't gotten down year after all these years and which Bryan still isn't drawing at yet. He's main evented two manias that have made history for their buys and gate revenues. Just this week his main event with Orton, much like his TLC match outdrew anything Bryan's run did and it was up against the Olympics with over 20 million people watching. You can't honestly believe people don't say stupid ahit regarding Cena just to hate to be cool, like 5 moves of doom, you can't wrestle, and Cena sucks and them turn around and pump more actual cash and views into him than the Indy gods they cheer for so loudly

So parents can't buy his merch because maybe perhaps their kids love Cena but they themselves do not like him? You know, parents do allow their children to freedom of choice, it's what wrestling is practically about. There are different types of entertainers in one company, all for everybody to pick. Using parents as an example isn't even relevant.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So parents can't buy his merch because maybe perhaps their kids love Cena but they themselves do not like him? You know, parents do allow their children to freedom of choice, it's what wrestling is practically about. There are different types of entertainers in one company, all for everybody to pick. Using parents as an example isn't even relevant.
Uhh that's what he said. Everyone has supposedly "Cenanuff" since 06, and yet they still here and line his pockets and make t shirts with his name on it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Uhh that's what he said. Everyone has supposedly "Cenanuff" since 06, and yet they still here and line his pockets and make t shirts with his name on it.
Exactly. Cenas haters fund him. Fuck what they say, how they feel, they fn fund him and do so by a good margin to everyone else.

It doesn't matter who they buy t for, they buy his stock basically and that's why Cena always rises above the hate with that smirk on his face

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Rumors going around that Punk has been released from his contract, but nothing confirmed and he is still listed on WWE.com...