Where are people at on the Roman story?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
For me, it's been pretty damn good and it's finally cemented him at the top after all this time of trying. I'm sure having Heyman alongside him all this time and has had a massive impact on his improvement.

If i'm being honest now though, i'm pretty much over it or at least will be after Crown Jewel has been and gone where he presumably beats Lesnar. Outside of Seth who was left and could have been super interesting, they'd exhausted every option on him and quite the frankly the draft picks they got coming over don't excite me either. There's the obvious Drew matchup but then there is literally nobody left other than a bunch of midcarders.

Looking back now, I really wish they would have stuck with Big E on SmackDown and done The New Day vs The Bloodline.

Reactions: Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah with how gutted SmackDown is now, I really have no idea what goes on after Brock. Dwayne? :kawhi

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah with how gutted SmackDown is now, I really have no idea what goes on after Brock. Dwayne? :kawhi
It has to be either Brock or Rock but those won't happen until Mania you'd imagine, so stretching this out for another 5 months.....:deandre

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
November is Survivor Series and so they could do Roman vs. Big E after Crown Jewel. Then after that they could feed Jeff Hardy to Roman. Then after that it would be time for Royal Rumble and they could do Goldberg vs. Roman or McIntyre vs. Roman. Then after that they could do a filler feud like with Nakamura (assuming he isn't IC Champ) or whoever until it's time to build for WrestleMania vs. Brock again or The Rock or whoever. Hopefully The Rock.

The only other fresh new opponent for Roman that I see on the new Smackdown roster is Sheamus but he is a heel (and who knows when we will see him return).

As for Romans story I am still enjoying it. Roman has some moments while playing his character that it surprises me. Like last Friday when he was being very serious with Paul Heyman about how the Usos hadn't been drafted yet (to Smackdown). Good stuff. I also have been okay with this story with Lesnar because roles are different from their feud years ago.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I meant doing Big E/Roman for the title and being the one to dethrone him as opposed to just the one off Survivor Series matchup.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
November is Survivor Series and so they could do Roman vs. Big E after Crown Jewel. Then after that they could feed Jeff Hardy to Roman. Then after that it would be time for Royal Rumble and they could do Goldberg vs. Roman or McIntyre vs. Roman. Then after that they could do a filler feud like with Nakamura (assuming he isn't IC Champ) or whoever until it's time to build for WrestleMania vs. Brock again or The Rock or whoever. Hopefully The Rock.

The only other fresh new opponent for Roman that I see on the new Smackdown roster is Sheamus but he is a heel (and who knows when we will see him return).

As for Romans story I am still enjoying it. Roman has some moments while playing his character that it surprises me. Like last Friday when he was being very serious with Paul Heyman about how the Usos hadn't been drafted yet (to Smackdown). Good stuff. I also have been okay with this story with Lesnar because roles are different from their feud years ago.

This is probably a most likely scenario tbh lol guess they really only need a couple filler challengers

Reactions: Stellar

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Prolly do champ vs champ for Survivor Series, some dumb gimmick match in December, and token contender at Rumble, then we get The Rock, if he is allowed or wants to.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Also I wouldn't put it past WWE to have one guy feud with Roman for months like they did with Kevin Owens vs. The Bloodline and Corbin vs. Reigns before that. It seems like between Survivor Series and through the Royal Rumble PPV they sometimes lose interest in changing it up with who Roman feuds with.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There's also the Day One PPV to throw in aswell this year

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm definitely about ready for the conclusion I would say. Whoever beats him is going to get a good rub and I echo the sentiment that they are kinda running out of things to do after the Brock feud.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just do filler matches until whatever he's got going on at WrestleMania. We do have brand warfare type matches at Survivor Series. It feels unlikely to me that they'd take it off him before Mania, but we'll see.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean honestly, I don’t want it to be Brock, he doesn’t need the rub. But I can’t think of anyone who it could be and that is what sucks. I mean I guess it could be someone on Raw right now.. with the Rumble and all, but is Mania to long for Roman to hold the title?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean honestly, I don’t want it to be Brock, he doesn’t need the rub. But I can’t think of anyone who it could be and that is what sucks. I mean I guess it could be someone on Raw right now.. with the Rumble and all, but is Mania to long for Roman to hold the title?

Nah

Reactions: Vegeta

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I wouldn't mind Damian Priest being the one to eventually defeat Roman.. but Priest is still on RAW. I can't really think of anyone else that is on the main roster that would be interesting if they beat Roman.

If they want to do something different for Mania that would have Roman lose... (instead of Roman beating Rock or Brock) have Damian Priest lose the US Title through shenanigans, win the royal Rumble and then beat Roman. Other than that... keep the title on Roman for awhile longer past Mania.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Lashley & THB would be pretty sick but i'm still convinced it's Rock or Brock. I'm not even convinced Rock would go over though given his scheduling :rock1

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People thinking Brock and possibly Rock being brought in, would be brought in to beat Roman?

This entire thing is solely to build up Reigns and turn him babyface again.