When did you start watching wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I started watching during the attitude era around 1999 right about the time Y2J started his career in wwe.

The Rated R CMStar

OK, like I said before the first thing I have conscience, not necesarily the first thing I ever saw, was Backlash 2000.

Now if you talk of when I catches wrestling, it was actually my parent that introduce me to it. In my country they pass Raw on Saturday and SD on Sunday, so I used to watch it. I remember seeing from Backlash 2000 all the way to WM X8. Then, for any reason, they restarted it all the way to what I later found out was shows from 98

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Back in 1999 I was flicking through channels one night and I came across the Rock talking trash about Stone Cold and then beating the Road Dogg in about thirty seconds. I started watching it every week and then I discovered WCW too. They weren't on at the same time here so I could watch both, at one point they were one after the other!

I stopped watching it regularly in 2002 but I still catch it every now and then. I watch lots of videos and YouTube (there's a user with every WCW show from 1996 up until 1998 and he's still going).

Wooderz245

Reaction score
I remember the first match i ever watched. It was a RAW is WAR Main event 6 days before survivor series 98. It was a 6 Man Tag Match: Mankind, The Undertaker and Steve Austin vs. The Rock, Ken Shamrock and the Big Bossman. seeing the top guys in the industry at the time I was hooked straight away. :)

Reaction score
I was born watching wrestling lol. My dad. my uncle, and my cousins use to watch it and watched it with them the first wrestler I ever saw was big show.

Airfixx

In the UK, WWF seemed to surface along with the likes of The Simpsons and some other big US shows as part of the cable/satelite TV 'revolution' in the late 80s. Never had cable TV at home but school friends began to hook me up tapes after my showing an initial interest in "that american wrestling stuff" they kept talking about (I'd seen British wrestling when I was younger, but all the talk of Hogan, Warrior, chair shots, run-ins etc. sounded much more appealing!).

First saw tapes of WM5, Summerslam 89 & Royal Rumble 90 a month or so before WM6 and then began getting Superstars & Challenge recorded which set me up beautifully for the 'Ultimate Challenge' and my seeing my first live PPV on TV. (I'd already developed a disliking for Hogan, so to see Warrior beat him sent my love of wrestling into the stratosphere and up until the Royal Rumble and Warriors title loss it seemed like everything I was hoping for happened!).... I was completely addicted (caught a wicked show on the 91 UK Rampage ft. Bulldog v Perfect IC match and Warrior v Taker in a bodybag match!) and it stayed this way until late 94 when my sources of tapes 'dried up'. Struggled to keep up with things for a while and slowly lost interest as the number of PPVs increased mainly cos I was just missing too much storyline.

....Until around 3 years ago that is, when, on a whim, I started looking up certain matches I'd missed on You Tube and before I knew it I was hooked again. Thanks to Ebay I've score all the old PPVs cheaply on VHS and have been catching up ever since whilst simultaneously watching the current stuff via Raw & Smackdown, even paying for my first PPV last month for Survivor Series (It was all free when I used to watch).

You could say I'm 'enjoying a far more succesful 2nd run'.... LOL

(Incidentally, in light of much of the talk of things being relatively shit since the Invasion and brand extention... Even as a hardened cynic, I'd like to offer an opinion given the broken-up way I have watched wrestling (and having not had the chance to get misty-eyed over the Attitude-era) over the years and say that whilst admittedly the Attitude-era is no doubt a golden age, 2007s been pretty good IMO and things don't seem to be as bad as many peeps make out (particualrly those that seemed to have grown up watching during the monday night wars).

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
pretty much as long as i can remember. grew up in a family that loved wrestling. i'd say late 80's early 90's are when my first memories come to mind.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Some of my older brothers used to watch wrestling. They watched WWF/WCW/ECW. I was more hooked on ECW, I rarely ever watched wCw, every once in awhile WWF but watched ECW every chance I got.

xAnisMosiTy_x

Reaction score
started watching wrestling in 2002-2004, stopped for a while and then i saw RAW on TV now im hooked again in early 2007 and watch it now.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i started in like 2002 or 2003.. it was right after jbl became champ i think. i only watched smackdown for a while cause i was stupid lol. actually i didnt know when raw was on. i was only like 12 or 13 or somewhere around there..

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I think I started watching wrestling in 2004 or 2005. The first episode I remember seeing was Smackdown and it was when JBL was about to be rewarded with a new championship but then Batista came to Samckdown via the draft. I then remember that the first ever Raw I saw was the 2005 tribute to the troops. Since then I have watched all the old DVD's I could find. I even hired The biggest little man for the WCW match and I have watched both of the ECW DVD's. I think the earliest PPV I ever saw was in 2002 on DVD. I pretty sure it was a royal rumble rumble DVD

Evil Austin

i started in early 1997 thats when i was a tue fan i remember my dad showing it to me i remember my first match and i have seen many tapes and dvd's from before so my knowledge is very good from 1987 +

Rob34207

Reaction score
About 28 yrs ago before WWWF became WWF. Before Hogan became Hogan. When it was Georgia Championship Wrestling instead of NWA, and then WCW. Im old.