What's next for Wade Barrett?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
For a few months now, Barrett hasn't really gotten any big storyline or decent feuds. (I do not count Miz/Barrett) And now he isn't being used at full potential at all. Hell he jobbed to RVD last week...

I really have no idea what WWE could do with him at this point. They done buried the hell out of him. Hell he went from main eventing two ppv' in 2010 (Help me out on the ppv names) and from being the biggest in one of the biggest storylines in a while now (Nexus) to being on pre shows,winning low tier titles, Jobbing to big names, and pointless feuds. The only thing that could bring him back on top now is by winning the Royal Rumble (Which is possible) But I still don't see WWE doing that. They might just let Punk or Sheamus win.

What do you think WWE could do with him at this point?

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Release him, preferably.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Release him, preferably.

If they did that I don't think he'd sign a contract with any other wrestling companies. Well, on second thought, he might but I don't think any other companies could use him properly with the gimmick he has now. Just change his gimmick and he may be interesting again.

CGS

Reaction score
He headlined Every PPV from SummerSlam to TLC (Summerslam, HIAC, Bragging rights, SS, NOC & TLC)

As for Barrett himself I honestly don't know. I feel the MITB win would have been the best thing for him to give him something fresh but honestly I just see him drifting in and out of mid card feuds up until the end of the year. Honestly right now there isn't much for him to work with. The best thing I can think off is too keep him in midcard feuds then maybe towards the end of the year start building him up again and making him slightly credible to the point where he could be in the EC and have a good run in the rumble. From there just build him up to a decent Mania match and take it from there.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Well, I am high at this guy actually. I believe he has charisma, he has great in ring skills and he is good on mic. Also he knows how to draw heat on himself. He proved himself and his skills when he was in Nexus and his feud with Orton in 2011. He was great in both but after his unfortunate injury WWE seems to lose the hype they have on him. Yeah they give him the IC belt but they didn't give him something big. That feud with Miz was boring imo, as I think Miz is a terrible face. If he had won MITB he would have been that big deal once again but he did not win the MITB. Probably he will job a little bit and later on he can rise to midcard level again. If he would be successful (I think his IC run in this year was not successful) he may have a shot at Main Event Picture.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Well, I am high at this guy actually. I believe he has charisma, he has great in ring skills and he is good on mic. Also he knows how to draw heat on himself. He proved himself and his skills when he was in Nexus and his feud with Orton in 2011. He was great in both but after his unfortunate injury WWE seems to lose the hype they have on him. Yeah they give him the IC belt but they didn't give him something big. That feud with Miz was boring imo, as I think Miz is a terrible face. If he had won MITB he would have been that big deal once again but he did not win the MITB. Probably he will job a little bit and later on he can rise to midcard level again. If he would be successful (I think his IC run in this year was not successful) he may have a shot at Main Event Picture.

Hell maybe even a face turn can do him some justice. He could keep the gimmick he has and just be a Bad Ass. And like you said, after having some good Midcard feuds and such, he could have a match that stands out at WM and maybe even get granted a world title shot.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Look at the talent he was involved in when he was headlining those shows, FUCK HIM! He's terrible at ever aspect I've seen it's time to cut him off and send him down to TNA let him and Magnus form some UK takeover stable.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Look at the talent he was involved in when he was headlining those shows, FUCK HIM! He's terrible at ever aspect I've seen it's time to cut him off and send him down to TNA let him and Magnus form some UK takeover stable.

That's funny you say that, UWF was gonna have Wade and Magnus as a tag team, but Dexter switched Magnus out.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Hell maybe even a face turn can do him some justice. He could keep the gimmick he has and just be a Bad Ass. And like you said, after having some good Midcard feuds and such, he could have a match that stands out at WM and maybe even get granted a world title shot.

Well I don't think Barrett can do a face. He just seem like a face. He would be even worse as a face than Miz. Miz can do a bit better with his mic skills but Barrett doesn't have mic skills as good as Miz, so I don't think it would be good for him.

I think WWE did wrong about his gimmick. You say there is a barrage but it's against midcarders and even he lost some consecutive matches! Also he changed lots of themes & attires which makes me think WWE wasn't sure what to do about his character.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He started off so hot that he was bound for a long cooling period and it is going to be a long time if ever that he recovers to the point he was at in 2011. The whole fight club thing just really fell flat and right now doesn't have anything appealing about him. As far as what is next for him just pretty much more of the same of him mayb ebeing thrown into random feuds that involve a midcard title and that is it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The problem was the whole fight club thing wasn't a thing you can't just say it you have to have a storyline backing it and there just wasn't anything there. As for his future see Cody I think he's headed down the same path.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's a midcarder, that's all he is ever going to be.

He doesn't need a storyline, he needs a moveset that doesn't have anti-climatic finishes. An elbow isn't shit nor was the Wasteland. Be happy he gets TV time at all.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
He's a midcarder, that's all he is ever going to be.

He doesn't need a storyline, he needs a moveset that doesn't have anti-climatic finishes. An elbow isn't shit nor was the Wasteland. Be happy he gets TV time at all.

The Wasteland was actually a really decent move. He does need a storyline, maybe against RVD? I mean, it doesn't have to be a storyline that makes him come out on top, as long as he has a good role in that storyline.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wasteland was terrible, his pumphandle slam looked better than that dreadful move, he could have the hottest storyline in the company(he did at one point) and not get over. Small midcard feuds and storylines is what is in his future, and if he doesn't piss anyone off, will have a job for along time and might get his Bob Holly push as a result. But until then he is nothing more than this generations Test.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I like his all finishers but that Winds of Change looked awesome everytime he delivered it. He used that as a finisher for a period of time. Late of 2011 I guess.