What's Next For Punker?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Do You Want CM Punk To Do Next ?

• Feud With ECW Superstar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feud With Non-ECW Superstar

• Constant Title Defenses Each Week

• Hang About Till Morrison Comes Back

• Total voters

Hitman

Reaction score
I'm guessing that he'll hold the title and have non title matches until John Morrison comes back from his suspension

Reinvented

Reaction score
what happened to morrison now? did they say he got injured or something?

anyway, stupid move. although i liked punk in the last couple of weeks....cenamark said it bes anyway.

CM punk vs dreamer until miz squashes balls mahony then.....CM punk vs THE MIZZZZ aka the next cena.

as much i hate it, it'll happen. one day, the miz is going to be something...

No he aint injuryed I just said they should have made up a story like that to have a tourney for the belt then just hand it over to Punk....

phantomgerald

It just sucks for him to be champ now because I don't think there's enough top heels in ECW right now other than Elijah Burke, but they have already feuded countless times. Big Daddy V can't lose to CM Punk yet expect to keep his credibility. If he loses clean, then he loses the image of an unstoppable big guy. If he loses via DQ, then CM Punk would look weak. I guess the only option right now is for CM Punk to feud with someone else. I guess maybe get Chris Masters or Shelton Benjamin to ECW.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I agree that bringing an outsider in as an invader and threat to CM Punk's title would be cool, and I think Finlay could play the part very well. Not saying it will happen, just think it would be a good idea and interesting storyline.

the_quick_silver

Reaction score
Punk should defend the title against talents like Elijah Burke & Marcus Cor Von & NOT Miz..he sucks

The Anigma

Reaction score
I agree that bringing in an outsider to invade ECW and threaten Punk's title reign would be a great idea. I think that Shelton Benjamin and Punk can have some great matches though if WWE were to bring Shelton to ECW I don't think he'd fit the role so I think that Finlay would be a great choice if they were to do something like that.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Is anyone really buying Burke as a legitimate threat to Punk's title? I mean Punk has beaten basically everytime they have fought and almost every win was clean. It would be an understatement to say that Punk owns Burke.

With that being said, they could still put on some decent matches, although I thought their earlier PPV matches (Judgement Day) were pretty hyped up going in as far as match quality and just feel a little short. Hopefully, they will step it up at Unforgiven.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Is anyone really buying Burke as a legitimate threat to Punk's title? I mean Punk has beaten basically everytime they have fought and almost every win was clean. It would be an understatement to say that Punk owns Burke.

With that being said, they could still put on some decent matches, although I thought their earlier PPV matches (Judgement Day) were pretty hyped up going in as far as match quality and just feel a little short. Hopefully, they will step it up at Unforgiven.

What do you expect! It was only their first big time Pay-Per-View matchup (Not Including D2D, Survivor Series & Wrestlemania because none of them were 1-on-1)

As for the Punk, Burke feud... I can see Punk retaining & then At No Mercy the match goes into a 3 Way with Morrison. Now that i would pay to see!

Edit:- I Just realised that No Mercy is in Chicago! Think of the heat Morrison would get if he won the title back there!!!

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
All I was saying is that it was really hyped up and didn't totally deliver. It wasn't like they were in the main event or anything, so there shouldn't have been too much pressure. I'm sure Punk has been in some big match atmospheres before.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
All I was saying is that it was really hyped up and didn't totally deliver. It wasn't like they were in the main event or anything, so there shouldn't have been too much pressure. I'm sure Punk has been in some big match atmospheres before.

True... Punk's ROH Background is fairly high pressure.

But saying that, working a packed bingo hall is diffrent to Wrestling infront of 80.000 @ Mania!

Still though, yes i was a little dissapointed with their match up @ Judgement Day but that was partly due to managment not giving them time. If they give them a good 15 minutes this sunday & if the crowd get's into it i can see it possibly stealing the show.

The best way to book it would to put it as the opener, i know, "World" title matches shouldn't open a show but still i'd rather see a fast paced match between two young guys than Trips Vs Carlito or something of that nature. Also they should make sure you don't put the title match late on the card, this is why the crowd totally shat all over Punk Vs Morrison @ Summerslam because they all were anticipating The Main Event!

LKP

What do you expect! It was only their first big time Pay-Per-View matchup (Not Including D2D, Survivor Series & Wrestlemania because none of them were 1-on-1)

As for the Punk, Burke feud... I can see Punk retaining & then At No Mercy the match goes into a 3 Way with Morrison. Now that i would pay to see!

Edit:- I Just realised that No Mercy is in Chicago! Think of the heat Morrison would get if he won the title back there!!!

I agree man i said morrison will come back and join in the burke and punk feud. But if the ppv is in punks hometown icant see him losing it there. I think burke will win it and punks goes to smackdown to replace the kane that has gone to ecw.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Letting Punk Vs. Burke open the show might be a pretty good idea, could get really get the crowd amped up. I actually expect them to be about the 3rd match on the card, and for Londrick Vs. C & M to open the show.

Either way, I think they can put on a decent match, but like what was said, I'm not sure they'll get enough time to really pull it off.