What's Next For Punker?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Do You Want CM Punk To Do Next ?

• Feud With ECW Superstar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feud With Non-ECW Superstar

• Constant Title Defenses Each Week

• Hang About Till Morrison Comes Back

• Total voters

Fatal 55

Reaction score
We all know after finnaly winning the title this week Punk needs to go into a diffrent direction... Well, he has to since Morrison isn't there for a month!

What would you like Punk to do now?

IMO this is the perfect chance to bring up some one from OVW such as Paul Burchill who has the talent & put him straight into the Main Event picture in ECW to feud with Punk. It would sure be a breath of fresh air considering the way WWE usualy builds up there Superstars nowadays... (Million Squash Matches)

I Actually also wouldn't mind him bringing in a litte more prestige to the title by defending it Week In - Week Out similair to how The Big Show's reign started last year... (Defending against Batista, Kane, Flair etc...)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I was talking to Montana earlier and I mentioned to him that as much as I don't care for him a Tommy Dreamer/CM Punk feud would be a pretty good one. A feud based on mutual respect and it gives and ECW original a bit of exposure and that can't hurt.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I would want to see Punk feud with Cor Von depending on when he returns. A feud with Dreamer would be pretty good as well. Now that Punk is at the top he COULD turn heel but I don't see that happening for awhile now.

PeepShow

A fued with Cor Von IMO would be the best thing to happen in the "new" ECW. I just wish he would come back sson. Hes personally my fav in ECW

Ed_cena

Reaction score
rumors said that morrison win back the title when him returns,it is true thats the biggest bullshit ever. Cm punk is the best wrestler in ecw by far, i will be piss off,if this shit its true.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I hope its not going to be the case where thy turn around and give it right back to Morrison and then next week Punk wins it back. I wouldnt mind seeing a Dreamer/Punk match. I cant say for Cor Von because I havent seen him at all since ive been watching ECW. But now that Balls Mahoney seems to be getting into this Miz feud I hope Punk starts an angle with Elijah Burke. Hes pretty decent from what Ive seen in the last few weeks.

CenaMark54

Punk winning was a horrible thing. They were building him up to win at Wrestlemania, now his first semi major title victory in the WWE will be remembered as him getting the belt on free TV because the champ failed a drug test.

He should drop it back to Morrison quickly, like as soon as the Shaman of Sexy get back, forget all about this short reign and build towards Mania again.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im gonna have to go with A and D on this one. It was clear who was ECWs golden child after the Benoit thing happened and now JMs out because of roids so they will give him a new opponent and then Johnny will probably win it when he comes back.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
This might not be the most popular opinion, but I would love to see CM Punk get into a feud with Big Daddy V. I realize that BDV is in somewhat of a feud with the Boogeyman, but I think it would be a fun and interesting feud with Punk and BDV.

Now, with Morrison, I don't think it would make much sense to give it right back to him when he gets back. If that happens, that just tells us that the WWE doesn't care if the wrestlers are on steriods. Had the names not become public, they may not even have suspended some of the wrestlers. Anyway, if Morrison is to win it back, they should build up the rematch to either Survivor Series or Armageddon. On a side note, I'm surprised we haven't seen any type of gimmick match between these two.

Rell

Reaction score
CM Punk is ECW champion, I had no clue. This is a great move. Hopefully he will be able to restore prestige to the ECW championship because lets be honest, the ECW championship has been a prop since day one. I think Punk should feud with some of the top dogs. When I say "top dog" I'm not just referring to guys on ECW, I'm referring to anyone on WWE's roster. It would be a great way to put the ECW championship over and make it seem like a legitimate accomplishment, not a secondary title on a secondary program.

IMO feuding with guys like Dreamer and Viscera would only make the title seem less credible as both guys are not championship worthy. I don't think Big Vis could carry a program, but hey this is just one mans opinion.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
The problem is that "guys like Dreamer and Viscera" are all they've really got on ECW. You have Burke, who has fell off the face of the earth, and then CorVon who is MIA at the moment.

Reinvented

Reaction score
They messed up when they gave the belt to Punk they should have made up sum story that John got injuryed at a house show and had to give up the belt....Then hold a ECW title Tourney and give it sum other heel like Burke or BDV......If WWE only knew how to put stories together....

Punk should just ride around with the belt til John comes back......

the dark knight

what happened to morrison now? did they say he got injured or something?

anyway, stupid move. although i liked punk in the last couple of weeks....cenamark said it bes anyway.

CM punk vs dreamer until miz squashes balls mahony then.....CM punk vs THE MIZZZZ aka the next cena.

as much i hate it, it'll happen. one day, the miz is going to be something...