Whats next for MVP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Well as we all have seen, MVP is on a massive losing streak, with no end in sight. Many people believe this is goona end in a huge push for MVP, but I am not so sure, I personally think they may be turning MVP into a jobber, which is very sad. Anyway, What is your opinion on what will happen next in MVP's ongoing saga

Hometown Kid

Yeah, everyone thinks he's gonna get pushed but it's quite obvious he's getting Benjamin'd to me. That's why i'm praying he wins the RR and gets a big push because it'll be too late to give him MITB if they keep the streak open until Febuary or something.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Haha with how this is going, honestly he is getting more than benjamin'd, Benjamin at least has a few wins in the last 2 months. Anyway I really think MVP may be the next Funaki, creative obviously would not have had him job for this long if it was leading anywhere big for him. His credibility is already out the window and almost unfixable at this point. I mean he has lost to local guys, I never even thought that was achieve able

Hometown Kid

Nah MVP's been built up too much before to just become Funaki...well they can if they want but he'll probably just get released if that happens.

Like I said, he went from rising star and champion to "losing streak" in months. Much like Shelton was in late 05, same storyline, same waste of talent. Plus to the average fan MVP's streak is getting overshadowed by Trips and company in the title race, just like Shelton was overshadowed by Trips and company and their title picture on Raw, that's where the comparison comes from.

MVP will get his usual flux between heat getter and no reaction for a little while and then the reactions will go away and he'll be on ECW pretty much...having said that I think there's a chance for him to win the RR and he'll be back where he was a year ago only with title shot. :D

seX-Power

I believe this is all a storyline where MVP ends up snapping, and he will remain winless until WM25, where he wins Money In The Bank. The WWE will keep this streak as long as they can just to add impact to the storyline.

He can't just be a normal jobber, because unlike Funaki, he actually gets mic and promo time as well as a match every week. He also still gets heat, so the WWE are turning it into something, I just don't know what.

Btw, hasn't this thread been created?

Sparky

Reaction score
He needs Something New. something to spice him up. I used to like him during the Benoit fued and a bit afterwards, but since then he hasnt done anything special. I have gone off of him. So hopefully whats next for MVP is a move to Raw or ECW.

Reaction score
I really like his "professional athlete" gimmick and the theatrics that come with it. Maybe he can incorporate more extreme playmaking in the ring, which is realised when he wins MiTB. Otherwise, the negatives with his gimmick are that he will become a stagnant nightmare for Creative.

I'm all for him feuding with his polar opposite - the low-brow, working class slob gimmick, so to speak. Does Hurricane Helms sort-of fit that picture?

MikeRaw

If they were turning MVP into a jobber, it would not be like this.
If he was being turned into a jobber, he would not be on tv every week, he would not have promos, and he would not get good, long matches, that he sometimes gets.
If he was being turned into a jobber, his matches would be against the new faces, that are being built up, he would only appear 2 or maybe 3 times a week, and he sure as hell wouldn't get all the air time he does.

It will obviously turn around into a push for him at somepoint, or they wouldn't give him the airtime and attnetion he is getting.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
They wouldnt make his losing streak an angle unless they were going to give him a push... and the longer it goes on the bigger the push will probably be... people love to watch him lose vince will suck that till its dry and then shove him winning all the time in peoples face just to get them pissed and make them want to watch to see him lose again.... MVP has way to much tallent and is way to good of an employee too bee jobbed(let alone turned into fu-naki or benjamin..)

and btw jr still says benjamin is probably the best pure athlete in the wwe almost every time hes on tv... vince tells them what to say especially the one liners like that... i think hes BEEN saving benjamin up for a rainy day the guys still pretty young and learning by the day. Don't count him out yet.

Reaction score
I think a throng of losses turned into a throng of winners would result in the "losing streak" angle being meaningless. The angle should push him towards a big gig and then getting him over in that gig, whether it be MiTB, title shot (IC Championship would throw a spanner in the works!) or defeating a ME superstar and earning some incentives from the 'E, which lead to a general push in the ME direction.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with Seventh Reason. MVP on a losing streak all the way up until Wrestlemania would easily make him wining the MITB match a shock to the fans (and the MVP character himself, lol). Then he can keep the "I'm shocked I won" gimmick for a few weeks, then he regains all of his bonuses and incentives and becomes confident again. THEN he can get his main event push.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with Seventh Reason. MVP on a losing streak all the way up until Wrestlemania would easily make him wining the MITB match a shock to the fans (and the MVP character himself, lol). Then he can keep the "I'm shocked I won" gimmick for a few weeks, then he regains all of his bonuses and incentives and becomes confident again. THEN he can get his main event push.

This has to be where they're going with this losing streak. I don't see it as any other way for this to go. MVP is a good rising star in the WWE and although they're known for wasting talent, I can't see them wasting a talent like MVP's, so they would pull the trigger on a PPV like that.

I doubt h would win the rumble because id doubt they would have him go on this many month losing streak, win the rumble, and headline WM. Winning the MitB would be the best way for this angle to go.

seX-Power

They would have to somehow work around making him win a MitB qualifier. Maybe have a double countout and both MVP and his opponent in the qualifier go through.