whats next for Edge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captive8

Reaction score
I dont know whats next for Edge. SD! lost both Kennedy and Benoit in the draft and those were two potential opponents. I dont know when Mysterio is coming back and I dont seeing Hardy working because the WWE screwed up the booking of the feud in 05. I think that maybe the best thing to do is to have Batista win by DQ and then have TL say something like well Batista won, so he can get another shot. And have Edge and Batista drag the feud out till GAB or Summerslam.

Impactplayer

Reaction score
I Think that HHH needs to go to SD (not that he ever will but) and help the much depleted Smackdown and challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship.

3lions

Reaction score
I would love to see Triple H on SD!, as it would open up numerous potential new feuds. But that won't happen. I have no interest in seeing the Edge/Batista feud continue. Their feud has been boring and their matches just drag (for me anyway).

No disrespect to Hardy, but it says a lot about the state of the SD! roster when he is being touted as the #1 contender for the World Title. I just hope that Edge isn't stuck with Khali/Henry. They should be nowhere near the ME.

I would love to see Edge/Matt/Rey feud. That would be a great feud (in terms of match quality), but the promo's would suck. It seems likely that Matt will step upto the plate and feud with Edge, or Rey makes a *shocking* return.

Disraeli

Reaction score
The future seems to a bit unclear for edge, personally I just hope he beats Batista and retains. Henry and Khali is unlikely to happen as they are both heels and I do not see Edge going face before undertaker's return and let's face it H/K won't become faces. The hope must be put on the returning stars and hardy. Personally I think Edge could have a feud with Hardcore Holly, those could be quite decent matches, but unfortunately not really ppv material...

Sting!

Reaction score
Matt Hardy has really improved in his in ring ability.
He deserves a shot and actually should hold the title.
For 8 years matts been in the business and throwing him back into a rivalry with edge would really grap the attention of the fans.

Wooderz245

Reaction score
I'd like to see matt hardy in the world title picture, but jeff hardy has come back to raw, and i've always believed that if a a hardy was to win a world championship on his show, the other hardy would win his show's world title on the same night if they were part of the same company. That would be so cool to see but i can't see this happening in the near future.

I want Kane to get a world title shot next as he's one of the best smackdown has to offer and he's done so much in his career but has only been world champion for 1 day. He needs to try and become more like the monster he was, only still a face, cos he seems to have become more human since unmasking and has been getting walked all over by guys like Mark Henry and The Great Khali, when he's supposed to be an "indestructible monster" and i think he deserves more of a push

Legendkillerdaz

Reaction score
I think edge's next fued could be with khali or kane he needs to overcome a monster to make him look better.

Impactplayer

Reaction score
Thats pretty good actually overcome a monster (maybe Undertaker when he gets back) to show his main event calibre. (said pretty much what you did^^ soz)

3lions

Reaction score
This thread sopunds like 2005 all over again:

Edge vs Kane
Edge vs Matt Hardy

No thanks.

I am into the Edge/Hardy feud, but Kane can stay away from the ME picture. I have no interest in seeing him. He is a shell of the ma he once was. Hardy/Rey will be the next challengers, whilst Batista feuds with Khali/Henry.

Wooderz245

Reaction score
Thats pretty good actually overcome a monster (maybe Undertaker when he gets back) to show his main event calibre. (said pretty much what you did^^ soz)

The Undertaker won't be coming back until about the royal rumble, he's out with a torn bicep so he'll be out for about 5 months at least

Impactplayer

Reaction score
^^ that shuts my type hole up good and proper

I didn't think it was that serious but a torn bicep is usually serious.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Kane
Matt Hardy
or Rey Mysterio

Shunekas

Reaction score
i think batista will please fourth match, because she wasnt done by one two three, she was countdown, when were pulling edge in ring, she can say that if had left u outside the ring i wouldnt be countdown :)

reaction

Reaction score
I'm backing Mark henry as next contender, Maybe Matt as Matt has proved how good he can be but i see Mark henry up next