whats next for Edge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sex&violence

Reaction score
Matt Hardy would make a great main eventer and i think and believe he will get his opportunity at Edge sometime soon, but as far as the title scene and main event scene goes he is not there just yet and i think he needs to prove it and earn his shot, for instance winning KORT or something like that or even having a number 1 contender fued with Finlay, Kane or MVP and Edge will prob continue fueding with Flair/Batista in someway or another until Hardy emerges. But i have to agree most of the main eventers have left smackdown however they do have a few potential main eventers like Hardy, Kane, MVP, Finaly, Masters, Kenny And if HHH came back to SD that would improve things greatly.

An example for the next PPV

Batista & Ric Flair VS Edge & MVP

No 1 Contenders Match 4 Way elimination match

Hardy VS Kane VS Finlay VS Masters

Punk4Life

Reaction score
Another Hardy vs. Edge fued is something I have been waiting on, I was probably one of the few who didn't slate their last run with each other. Both of the guys can wrestle their socks off in that ring and i would love Matt to finally get the glory he deserves.

I could really see a title run for Matt in the future, it might be short or even transitional but i think he will beat The Rated R Superstar. The fans are behind Hardy and I think in a champions position the crowd would be mega hot for him.

Edge and Hardy could very well turn out to be fued of the year, IF it happens that is.

PeepShow

I think we all know whats going to happen. The Benoit tragedy may change this a bit, but sooner or later Khali will end up fueding w/ Edge and who knows, he may even beat him.

edge&christian4ever

Reaction score
I pray that they don't put Khali in there because Edge is better than Cena and Cena already beat Khali twice. Also I hope its not Mark Henry because I dont think he has proven enough that he is ready to be main event. Ive heard that Rey Rey was gonna fued with Henry or Umaga when he comes back. And as much as I want to see Matt Hardy get the title shot I dont think he is ready yet. In my opinion WWE should go with Kane because nobody in the WWE deserves to get another push and I think be champ more than Kane. Because nobody has gone through as many crap gimmicks as Kane and nobody has been top teir superstar for as long as he has and had there only title reign last all of ONE DAY.

I want Kane v. Edge

cmfunk

Reaction score
well from the reports about the hardys turning into jobbers there was a part where they said they wanted to give Matt a small good push and have him loose to top stars while still geting over with the fans. this could be a hint of a Matt vs Edge but if the wwe doesnt go with that then I say Kane is 2nd best face pick as of now untill rey gets back

Impactplayer

Reaction score
I'm backing Mark henry as next contender, Maybe Matt as Matt has proved how good he can be but i see Mark henry up next

OH good no he should stick to squashing, should definetly stay out of the title picture, same with Batista he has had enough chances and failed

phantomgerald

^^^ and that is precisely why i hope henry and batista resume their feud. then i'll keep both of them out of the title picture and yet still be credible. matt hardy is next for edge i'm quite sure. hopefully someone like kenny get a go at the title. i don't know why, but i'm a huge fan of kenny

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^^I doubt Kenny will get anywhere near the title for the next few years. He hasnt found his niche yet. Let him have a second tier belt for first, give him a few good feuds, and then he would still have to be built up to mainevent level. So Kenny is a long ways off, but if he stays in WWE his future should be bright. As for Edge heres to hoping he feuds with Hardy building Hardy up in the process, then Rey and Kane or something. To me as long as Batista is out of the hunt i'm happy.

Impactplayer

Reaction score
Kenny will be destined for the WWE or WHC title but WWE aren't going to rush him to the top he is going to slowly get there by earning it (in the fans eyes) not by doing the bosses daughter or kissing Vinces ass.

3lions

Reaction score
How the hell can ANYONE say that Kenny is 'destined' for a World Title? He is about 2 foot tall and weights 100 pounds. He will never, ever, win a World Title in WWE.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Yes yes all the Hardy marks wants to see a feud between Edge/Hardy for the title? Will it happen, probably but will it start next week, no. I see one of two feuds happening, a triple threat between Edge, Kane and Mark Henry or an Edge/Flair feud.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
as basically everyone above me has said. i see a edge/hardy fued.

id love to see an Edge vs. Matt fued. but i think it will be a ways off until the do that, because Matt isn't in the Main Event right now.

a Kane vs. Edge fued, if played out correctly, could be a fued of the year. but Kane said he doesn't care about getting another title shot, and WWE doesn't seem to care about Kane either.

Edge vs. Rey could be good when Rey comes back. But i don't want to see Rey in the WHC picture, but just imagine Rey vs. Edge Ladder Match or TLC or something. That'd be SICK.

So that brings me back to Edge vs. Matt. I foresee this happening, the only question is when, and how they're going to build up to it. Once Flair/MVP is over, I think Edge will fued with Flair while WWE builds up Matt. Once Matt is at Main Event level, then welcome to SD!, the sickest show on TV. I'm drooling just thinking of the matches WWE could have between the two. The fued in 05 just scratched the surface of what this feud can be. If WWE plays this out correctly, both men could get over big. Thats what I see happening with Edge. Feud with Flair, then fued with Matt.