• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What would you do to help TNA and its ratings?

heels unite!

Reaction score
expand their arena options and also more high flying matches. try to track down on internet spoilers by taping live every week. i will think of more.

Reaction score
Also i would love to see the fallen angel side of christopher daniels come back and get pushed. I agree with xba(xtremebadass), he has some great ideas, also having guys like Austin Aries, Elix Skipper, Low ki, etc... leave is not good, they're very entertaining to watch. But man, they had Austin Aries and they let it slip, that guy had it all and he could have been huge.

But anyway, they should get Christopher daniels to edn the curry man after some time and bring back the fallen angel.

Xcellence

Reaction score
Tna

As a fan of TNA for years and now having a headache everytime I watch the show I will express my opinion on what I think is wrong with the product.

I think first off that anyone who says promotion is one of the main issues is incorrect. lets face the facts from when TNA were a 1 hour show on a Saturday night at 11pm they would get 0.8 ratings now they get 1.0 or 1.1 in a 2 hour prime time spot that WWE's smackdown used to have. In my opinion the growth is unexcuasble. Your hear many people say that TNA shouldn't be compared to the WWE because they havn't been around as long, well this is just another cop out answer.

In the first head to head on Monday Nights WCW beat the WWE. You can't argue with histroy. I think that there are a couple of problems with TNA and allow me to explain.

Firstly is the booking. yes we all know that It isn't go enough but I feel for a company trying to grow and expand what they are producing is ridiculous.

Watching TNA at the moment you look at the main fueds and you have two of them being over the same thing which is a woman. Those fueds being AJ vs Angle and Dutt vs Lethal. If that wasn't a problem in its self th logic behind them isn't ther. TNA has told us many times in the past that AJ Styles is a married man with children however we are supposed to believe that he may have cheated on his wife with Karen and he is still the babyface? Also when AJ turned earlier in the year he went from being in love with Karen and doing whatever she wanted and taking her out on ates etc to just wanting to be "friends"? Where did this change of heart come from, i don't know ask Vince Russo.

Also with Dutt vs Lethal the fued is over SoCal Val. Ookay but can someone explain to me why SoCal Val has like for Dutt when he personaly ruined her wedding and she cried and threw a fit when it happened but now apparently she likes him again? Ontop of this Dutt is in hospital for a chair shot he took which he never did and Lethal for some reason didn't ask her to watch the footage eveb though the "world" did and you would think one of the TNA "Babyface" wrestlers would have pointed this out to her, like oh i duno DOn West or Mike Tenay who ommentated on the incident. Another thing is why is Dutt alowed to be in hospital for a week with no injuries?

Another fued is Booker T vs Joe. Now this fued is one that is very easy to book and you would think that TNA for the first time since Russo took over would give usa fued over the championship of the world, however we have had Booker T say the reason he wants the strap is for a fictional company known as Booker T enterprises, and why? so he can make money. Then on iMPACT! after a 3 year crusade by Joe to become champion he says to Booker "keep the belt" well I'm sorry if I have a problem with this because that belt is meant to prove your the best in teh business and Joe a man whos charecter is "meant" to believe that tells booker to keep his title belt he bled to win. Then ontop of this nonesence we have the added bonus of Sting. Now Sting is my favourite wrestler, he always has been and always will be and can someone point something out to me.

At Victory ROad when Joe was apparently "brutalising" Booker even though Booker tried to do the same to Joe in the same match and even though Joe didnt break the rues and there was no reason for the fight to stop. ANyway on that match everyone was begging for Joe to stop right? West and Tenay were begging for it and then when STing stopped Joe they say "WHY?" Well you were asking for it you morons. They wanted Joe to stop saying he went to far and when someone stops him aparently that guy is the heel? someone explain that one to me. And just to point out how moronic the booking of this fued is I will point something out just on last weeks iMPACT!. Booker was in a steel cage surrounded by weapons and he for some reason needed "Stin" Ala Kevin Nash to drop a baseball bat into the ring to attack Joe. EXCUSE ME wasn't you standng in a steel cage with weapons? I just do not understand that as there is no logic.

Right that is just 3 main fueds that is happening at the moment, I won't go into past times as I could write forever.

Another thing that TNA is booking incorrectly is their build to a ppv. Let me explain. AJ vs Angle is happening at Victory Road and this is only their second one on one match. Wow it should be anticipated right? WRONG. since Slammiversary these guys have faced in at least 3 tag matches on iMPACT! they have faced at Vitory Road with Angle pinning AJ, they have faced one on one on iMPACT in a lumberjack match with Angle pinning AJ and they have faced in a tables match on impact also. And now we are supposed to PAY for another match which we have already seen numerous times for free? why would anyone pay to see it?

I use the same example for Rhino & Cage vs 3D. They faced at Sacrifice then again at Victory Roadi n a stipulation Match, then on iMPACT! in anoher stipulation match, then next week they face in another stipulation match and then in just 2 weeks they want us to pay to watch then fight in another stipulation match with a different name? WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY TO WATCH IT AGIAN?

it is the basics of pro wrestling that TNA fails to understand. TV is a book and in this book there are chapters, each week is a chapter. The story is supposed to build until you get to the end which is PPV now after this PPV we may get another volume in the series ith it building agian to another conclusion on PPV, but you don't give us the finish halfway through the book. TNA doesn't build to PPV and that means we don't have continuous must see TV, or must see PPV Collisions, we are left with overkill and therefore no suspence an no intrigue and for TNA no ratings and no money made.

Is there anoyone on here reading this that believes two years ago when TNA went 2 hours prime time and with the added bonus of Kurt Angle and Booker T that they would still be pulling the same ratings? And is there anyone that thinks this is exceptable?............Exactly. TNA for some reason will not except the reality that they need to change their ways, because what they are doing now isn't fucking working and no one cares not even me and I was and still am the biggest TNA fan, i watch every week hopping it to be good but after last iMPACT! for the first time ever I stoped halfway through and now I express my thoughts on the matter.

Now if I was leading to Hard Justice from Vitory road this would have been my ppv.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
SAMOE JOE(c) vs BOOKER T

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
PETEY WILLIAMS (c) vs KAZ vs JAY LETHAL vs SONJAY DUTT

KURT ANGLE & FRANK TRIGG vs AJ STYLES & CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
HARCORE RULES
TAYLOR WILD (c) vs AWESOME KONG

TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
LAX (c) vs DOUG WILLIAM & TOMKO

RHINO (Heel) W/ TEAM 3D vs CHRISTIAN CAGE

HARDCORE HELL
SABU W/MITCHELL vs ABYSS

MMG vs BEER MONEY

Reaction score
I would put more focus on upper card feuds. Letting James Storm and Robert Roode get some time apart. Last year it looked like Roode would go the distance after having matches with Joe and being in the middle of the Angle/Cage feud. Then he disappeared.

Less cartoony people. They're good for a laugh but shouldn't be around too long. TNA is supposed to be the more serious company. These guys can actually wrestle unlike the uncoordinated behemoths in WWHHH.