What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) In 1917, Baby Jane Hudson was America's darling, similar to Shirley Temple. She was sweet, cute, and could sing. Here Baby Jane Hudson dolls sold for $3.25 a pop. She was also a spoiled brat and her father couldn't discipline her. If she wanted ice cream instead of taking a nap, her dad backed down. No moral compass at a young age which crossed over into her adult life.

As they grew up, her older sister Blanche (Joan Crawford) was the actress who got the more substantial roles while Jane was only known for that one song "Letter to Daddy." Blanche was the star while Jane was considered by studio execs to be a no-talent child star. This created bitterness with Jane, as now she has to care for her paraplegic sister in their home in North Hollywood. Jane has gone batty and refuses to let go of her child-star past.

Amazing performance by Bette Davis as Jane Hudson, who's consumed by negative memories of the past and hostility towards her far more talented sister.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I've been watching some of my favorite Hero's movies. That hero is..... Bruce Lee. He's an Influence on both my MMA and personal life. One of my many favorite role models

Game Of Death

MV5BYTVjYjcxZTgtM2QxYi00MjQ0LWFjOGMtZjhjOTE2Y2I1MDYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

It's unfortunate that this is an Incomplete movie, and Bruce had 2 more levels to add to the fight in the original one.

But this film always have a special place in my heart.

Fists of Fury
220px-TheBigBossposter.JPG

Now this being Lee's first film this definitely has a special place in my heart

But I do wish they would have shot that Fight Between him and That Muay Thai fighter. Seeing that would have been awesome

Now I'm going to look for an Enterbay Bruce Lee figure that doesn't cost a arm and a leg

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Outcast Lady (1934). Iris (Constance Bennett) has suitors who want to marry her. She's fallen in love with Napier but his father Sir Morris won't hear of it, as he thinks Irish is in upper-class society but is always broke. Such a marriage, he feels, would shame his family name. He also says Iris's brother Gerald is a drunkard and a gambler. She decides to marry Boy Fenwick who's hides a dark secret that he served time in prison under another alias. Not a memorable movie. I have a feeling movies like these were a dime a dozen during this era.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
r_captainmarvel_header_nowplaying_ddt-17639_30ef9fda.jpeg

I went and saw this in 3D...while drunk off something called Truly (it's like a new low calorie alcoholic seltzer, I had 4 of them and then had to make 2 bathroom breaks during the movie). And no, I'm not going to shit on this movie like some people have. It was actually a good movie to me, a little bit of a rough origin story but it did everything I wanted it to do without trying to overshadow or keep up with the recent Marvel movies. I do feel that a movie like this would have fit better when Marvel movies were just beginning and certain parts in the movies could have been better detailed.

Again, not a "great" movie but a good one nonetheless. Please if you choose to go watch it, don't expect a whooooooooole lot from it because I think my low expectations or lack there of, helped me to just go into this with a more opened mind. So I hope this will be helpful for any of you.

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Review:
Alita was pretty good.
The whole “games thing” is played out for me.
Happy Death Day 2U:
A disappointment
Not good
Yes, Alita: Battle Angel was at least an 8.5 out of 10 for me and I had a lot of fun.

But Happy Death Day 2 U...ok let me just say the first movie was already just decent/average imo. I found it and watched it 2 days before this one because back when it first came out, I wasn't interested in it at all. But with people hyping this one up and the different trailers, I felt compelled to give this a chance. And...it sucked, it was worse than the first one. It tried to hard to be both smart and ridiculous, bad combo.

If I had to rate Happy Death Day then it would get a 7 out of 10. But Happy Death Day 2 U, gets a generous 6.

Reactions: Kasumi

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I checked out this movie a couple of days ago from Netflix (just released):
triple-frontier-cast-where-seen-before.jpg

And it was FANTASTIC, I didn't really like the last 5 minutes of it (the ending) but that's for a personal reason. Finally, Netflix got a great movie and I plan on rewatch this numerous times to capture all the nuances.

Kasumi

Reaction score
I checked out this movie a couple of days ago from Netflix (just released):
triple-frontier-cast-where-seen-before.jpg

And it was FANTASTIC, I didn't really like the last 5 minutes of it (the ending) but that's for a personal reason. Finally, Netflix got a great movie and I plan on rewatch this numerous times to capture all the nuances.
Good to know.
I’ll watch it

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
CREED 2
220px-Creed_II_poster.png

I just got finished watching Creed 2 and it was a hell of a film.

I was hoping Creed end Viktor for good to avenge Apollo. But it was very smart the way they ended the fight.

Sad that Viktor have to suffer so much for his father's lost

I'm happy to see that Adonis avenged his father. Everything has come full circle.

PS. Drago's Wife is a B*tch for leaving her son.

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Seeing this made me develop some sympathy for Ivan Drago and escalate the sympathy I already have for Viktor.

I'm starting to believe that he may not have killed Apollo on purpose.

Made Drago look Human in a way.

It's ridiculous that they cut this scene out.