What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~Stasis Interrupted~

~Data Received~

Glass (2019)

Glass.jpg

Okay...so...

Was it awesome to see Bruce, Sam & James portray these characters again? Yes.
Was it Shyamalan's standard "somehow subtle & over the top at the same time" style? Yes.
Was it filled with tonnes of callbacks & continuity nods? Yes.
Was there a Classic Shyamalan twist/reveal? Yes...2 of them.
Was it everything I wanted it to be & more? YES!!!

10 out of 10

~Re-entering Stasis Mode~

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968). Real estate mogul Crown (Steve McQueen) has orchestrated a bank heist where all of the robbers have only met each other once, there's no traces of any evidence. The Boston police are baffled. The bank's president has brought in his trusty insurance investigator Vicki (Faye Dunaway) to find out who committed this $2.6 million robbery.

Going through the bank records, she's suspicious that it was Thomas Crown who's their Man. She meets him at an art auction which benefits the American Cancer Society and is bold enough to tell him she's an insurance investigator who's working with the police to investigate this bank heist and she knows he did it. But, instead, of doing her job she begins to fall head over heels for Crown. But is it all a play to let Crown's guard down?

Dunaway keeps the audience guessing as to whether she's fallen truly in love with Crown or if she's just letting him slip up and get him to confess that he did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Midnight Cowboy (1969) Joe Buck (Jon Voight) quits his job as a dishwasher at Willie's restaurant in Texas and heads to New York to be a gigolo. His mind is only focused on sex because, as the flashback of bad memories shows, he was sexually traumatized as a child and a teenager. He meets Rico Rizzo a con man and thief who's a paraplegic. Locals deride Rizzo as "Ratso" Rizzo. While the friendship gets off to a rocky start, they hustle their way to survive the cold streets of New York city--often times unsuccessfully.

An issue to note is Ricco's often times homophobic slurs and being uncomfortable around bohemians, and folks like these are at the forefront to advocate politically on behalf of the Ricco's of the world, the crippled and the weak. While he's a con man, I come away feeling for Ricco and the relationship he develops with Joe Buck.

Crash

Reaction score
Midnight Cowboy (1969) Joe Buck (Jon Voight) quits his job as a dishwasher at Willie's restaurant in Texas and heads to New York to be a gigolo. His mind is only focused on sex because, as the flashback of bad memories shows, he was sexually traumatized as a child and a teenager. He meets Rico Rizzo a con man and thief who's a paraplegic. Locals deride Rizzo as "Ratso" Rizzo. While the friendship gets off to a rocky start, they hustle their way to survive the cold streets of New York city--often times unsuccessfully.

An issue to note is Ricco's often times homophobic slurs and being uncomfortable around bohemians, and folks like these are at the forefront to advocate politically on behalf of the Ricco's of the world, the crippled and the weak. While he's a con man, I come away feeling for Ricco and the relationship he develops with Joe Buck.

That's a good movie.

I just rewatched this...

MV5BZjk3YmZhMDAtOWUzMS00YjE5LTkxNzAtY2I1NGZjMDA2ZTk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Well I just watched both of these this past Friday:

slick-new-poster-for-alita-battle-angel1
MV5BMTg0NzkwMzQyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDcxMTMyNzM@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Kasumi

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
How was Battle Angel Alita? I really loved the Gunnm manga, but I'm skeptic about the movie.
As far as I'm concerned, it was FANTASTIC!!! I really enjoyed watching this movie from beginning to end. In fact, I immediately found the Gunnm manga right after I left the theater and read a little from the Volume 1, Chapter 1.

Manga Reader

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, it was FANTASTIC!!! I really enjoyed watching this movie from beginning to end. In fact, I immediately found the Gunnm manga right after I left the theater and read a little from the Volume 1, Chapter 1.

Manga Reader

Good I think I will watch it but maybe when it will release later. Yeah the manga are really good I read the first 3 when I was young.

Reactions: Death Walker

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Creed
220px-Creed_poster.jpg

This movie is pure awesome and have lots of motivation. It's a true pleasure to watch this movie.

I cannot wait for Creed II on DVD. I wonder if they go as far as making a 3rd film.

This film was worth watching.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Creed
220px-Creed_poster.jpg

This movie is pure awesome and have lots of motivation. It's a true pleasure to watch this movie.

I cannot wait for Creed II on DVD. I wonder if they go as far as making a 3rd film.

This film was worth watching.
I am glad you finally got around to watching it.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I am glad you finally got around to watching it.
Truly I hope there will be a Creed 3.

I am also glad that the Creed movies is in a Never Forgetting Iconic Film Series.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Truly I hope there will be a Creed 3.

I am also glad that the Creed movies is in a Never Forgetting Iconic Film Series.
I do as well just because I want this story of Creed to end right and not end like how Rocky did, you know.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I do as well just because I want this story of Creed to end right and not end like how Rocky did, you know.
Yeah him coming outta nowhere with a rematch after or nearly 10 years.

But Creed 3 should be something like him trying to join the Olympics and become a Gold Medalist

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Hunter (1980) Ralph "Papa" Thorson (Steve McQueen) is a bounty hunter who goes after the most dangerous criminals because it reaps a higher reward but there's always a risk to his life. He takes down Billy Joe Pace, the nephew of the sheriff of Houston Way and the Branch Brothers, whom not even the local police would touch with a ten-foot pole. Who wants to deal with a pair of demented ding dongs who play with dynamite? But he always gets his man.

Ralph comes in to take Pete, who's drunk and unstable. Pete's upset that his neighbor Frank B. is a rich man by making his money by selling dope to high school teenagers. Monkey see, Monkey do, and police officer Pete finds drugs in the evidence locker, signs off on it, and sells it for profit. That's what he's wanted for. Pete persuades Ralph to get "shit faced" with him and forget about taking him to justice. Ralph agrees and decides that it's not worth fighting for.

When he gets back home, Ralph re-considers whether he wants to be a bounty hunter. He has a wife Dotty (Kathryn Harrold) who's a school teacher and is pregnant. But Ralph's boss Ritchie (Eli Wallach) persuades him to take down Anthony Bernardo, wanted for robbery and holding a cashier hostage at a convenient store. Bernardo's parents put their restaurant up as a collateral for Anthony's bail and if Anthony doesn't show up, Ritchie gets to own their restaurant. Does Ralph hunt Anthony and bring him to justice?

While it's a shade beneath McQueen's films Bullitt and Thomas Crown Affair, it's a solid McQueen film with ingenious action sequences and Kathryn Harrold puts forth an emotional performance.

Last edited: