What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee (2016). Directed by Nanette Burstein. This documentary focuses on the anti-virus software mogul John McAfee. During the 2009 recession, McAfee moved to Belize and lived the high life, sleeping with young women and hiring bodyguards with rap sheets a mile long on their records. McAfee controlled Belize and was beloved by the locals. While businesses were paying people $25 a day for menial labor, McAfee was paying them $45.

McAfee's neighbor is fellow American Gregory Faull, a retired, blue collar construction worker. While McAfee is hanging around with bodyguards armed with machine guns and having a new girlfriend by his side every week, Faull is a hard-working, dirt-under-his fingernails type who leads the quiet life. This is Ric Flair, with a new girlfriend riding Space Mountain and his expensive clothes, jets and limousines against the family man and working class hero Ricky Steamboat.

Faull hated the fact that McAfee allowed his rottweilers to roam around freely on the beach without a leash. Faull filed a police report but that went nowhere because McAfee donated tasers, boots, handcuffs, stun guns to the Belize police and he's well liked by them. In an act of vengeance, Faull poisoned one of McAfee's dogs. McAfee retaliated by orchestrating Faull's murder. McAfee is a smart enough man: the murder conviction in Belize is below 3%. A scientist found a fingernail in Faull's hair but the police doesn't have a DNA lab. McAfee got away with murder.

The film zeroes in on McAfee's skeletons in his closet (there are many) it also focuses on the positive contributions he made to the tech industry. In the mid-80's many computer programmers were ignorant of viruses and the amount of damage it can do to a PC. Hackers exploited people's ignorance. The first virus was The Pakistani Brain. McAfee figured out what it was and shut it down. He also knew how to shut down the Michelangelo Virus, which was around late '86, 1987.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Fighting Elegy (1966). Kiroku Nanbu is a young student at Okayama Second Middle School and lives the life of a typical Japanese teenager who's entering adolescence. He has a hard-on for a young girl Michiko, a intelligent, trained pianist, and his hot blooded temper is getting him into fights at school. He's looking up to Takuan, the leader of a gang OSMS, as his mentor. Obviously, he needs to get better mentors.

Takuan's rules for OSMS is members must break the rules one-by-one in school and not get into relationships with girls in order to be a true rebel. This leads Kiroku to put his gang emblem on the back of his jacket when he's in military training and this upsets the drill instructor, who verbally chews him out in front of all the cadets.

Eventually, his father requests that his son be released from Okayama Middle School so Kiroku can stay with his uncle in Aizu Wakamatsu, the quiet countryside where he'll be in a less hectic environment. But, alas, he's getting into fights with young men his age in Aizu!

A coming-of-age story of a young boy who's attempting to show what a real man he is by getting into fights. Many of the times, the provocation is so slight, it's not wasting one's breath over. Kiroku is winning many of those fights but I get the impression he's a Wannabe-Badass who's trying to show-off his masculinity and not a Real Badass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The Last Boy Scout (1991)
I absolutely love this one...and while it
feels like a recycled Die Hard script...
it has plenty of action, sharp & funny
dialogue & brutal violence to be an
underrated 90's action classic in my
book.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Eraser (1996)
A shockingly entertaining Arnold film from the mid 90's
with some completely over-the-top action scenes & a
fantastic (& fucking insane) Alligator attack sequence.

:thumbsup:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Eraser (1996)
A shockingly entertaining Arnold film from the mid 90's
with some completely over-the-top action scenes & a
fantastic (& fucking insane) Alligator attack sequence.

:thumbsup:
My favorite Arnold movie or all time, and that alligator scene was great.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Saw The Incredibles 2 and Solo when we went to the drive in. Liked both movies, Incredibles 2 more though. Loved Mr. Incredible throughout the movie, it was great.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Man Of Steel (2013)
Absolutely fucking terrible...

I mean I see what they were going for...but
Superman is meant to be a likeable...and
this Superman is not.

I'm not surprised the entire DC movie-verse
failed (apart from Wonder Woman) after this
awful first entry.

The Monster Squad (1987)
I love it! Its such a fun film with some intense
moments of horror & violence spread throughout
the kids adventure film premise.

I highly recommend you check this one out.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Man Of Steel (2013)
Absolutely fucking terrible...

I mean I see what they were going for...but
Superman is meant to be a likeable...and
this Superman is not.

I'm not surprised the entire DC movie-verse
failed (apart from Wonder Woman) after this
awful first entry.

The Monster Squad (1987)
I love it! Its such a fun film with some intense
moments of horror & violence spread throughout
the kids adventure film premise.

I highly recommend you check this one out.
Monster Squad is one of the best 80s kids movies ever. Plus, it answered the question of does the wolf man have nards.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Warped Ones (1960). Teenage punks are arrested by the police for pick pocketing tourists and they spend time in juvenile hall. When they are released, they revert back to their old ways: stealing cars, breaking pay phones for chump change; Yuki plays a Murphy Game on an unsuspecting John, and they exact revenge on the journalist Mr. Kashiwagi, the man who reported their illegal activities to police and had them arrested in the first place.

When Akira isn't breaking the law, he's hanging out at a popular Jazz club frequented by out-of-town Westerners. He meets Fumiko Sunada, a prolific artist and classy, delicate lady who tells him she's pregnant with his child. What is he to do? Akira is in his early twenties but he still has the mindset of a child. He has no job and no maturity and is in no position to provide for a child.

While we in America think Japanese are well educated, well behaved, The Warped Ones lays those assumptions to rest. Akira has no social skills to speak of. The scene of him eating food with Fumiko and her new boyfriend had me grimacing in embarrassment: How he gulps down those Ramen noodles and eats those rolls--wow, it's like he's a neanderthal who's never seen Japanese food before in his entire life.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
A Woman's Face (1941) Anna Holm (Joan Crawford) is a disfigured woman, whose right side of her face was scarred as a result of a fire accident when she was a child. Her father was a drunkard and accidentally set their home on fire. As a result of her disfigurement, Anna has developed a negative view of human nature and is a notorious blackmailer.

She knows a secret of Vera Segert, an upper-class woman who's well regarded in the community and, if anybody knows Vera is carrying on an adulterous affair, it'll ruin her. Her husband Dr. Gustav Segert is a smart enough man who can figure out what game Anna is playing. It's elementary for him. He sees her disfigured face and offers her a second chance at life: He will perform the skin graft surgery on her for free but there's no guarantee it will work.

Joan Crawford knew how to act. The way she'd lift up her face, slowly tilt her head. She knew how to act without the need to speak any words.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Tokyo Drifter (1966). Tetsuya wants to leave the yakuza and march the straight and narrow path. But the gang won't have any of it and will use violence to force Tetsuya to stay. Boss Tamura feels Tetsuya is an important asset to the organization and won't let him go so easily.

While it's only ninety-minutes it felt like a laborious chore to sit through and watch it. It's supposed to be a crime drama but the scene in The Cabaret Club had men fighting one another in a comical manner. In one funny scene, all the prostitutes are sitting down and all the men line up in front of them and the prostitutes took the empty liquor bottles and smashed it over their heads. Also, what is Tetsuya going to do as a vocation once he quits the yakuza? No mention in the movie as to how he's going make money. Tetsuya is in love with lounge singer Chiharu but then tells her that he can not be with her and he's going to walk alone. 'Cause he's a loner who was born to walk alone. Huh?!

Tokyo Drifter has got to be my least favorite Japanese film which I have seen so far.