• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What was the last movie you watched?

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Hereditary (Released: 06/08/2018 in the US)

Ok this isn't the last thing I saw but I definitely recommend going to see it. I saw it at a screening, left the theater just disturbed by what I watched. Anyways, it's getting much respect as it should. I can't promise that everyone will love it as a horror film but check it out if you can. I love it as a horror film and rate it a 9.5 out of 10.

Here's a review (pretty much spoiler-free) that I feel was very accurate by Chris Stuckmann:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
VHS and VHS 2 are some of the best "Found Footage" Horror movies to be released in recent times.
I enioyed the concept and found them to be very creative tbh. Just didn't like the overuse of zombies is all, but I like the flow and story of each tape.

Latest movie I watched was Deadpool 2, I dig it heavily.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Left Hand of God (1955). Father O'Shea (Humphrey Bogart) is living in a Mission in a province in China, 1947. He's living a life of austerity among the villagers. The Mission gives medical aid to poor people but there's talk of closing the Mission down because a Warlord Yang wants to burn it down and take what few possessions the villagers have and probably wants to enslave what few survivors remain.

Father O'Shea is living a double life as he's not really O'Shea but fighter pilot James Camedy who was captured by Yang and was his second in-command. He was paid well until one of his soldiers Pau Ching killed a priest and Yang was flippant about the punishment: Ching was fined 600 yen. Camedy couldn't live with this barbarian anymore so he quit.

While it's no award winner, Left Hand of God is a solid enough film as there's no mano y mano final scene between Camedy and Yang. They settle their differences over a game of dice. If Yang wins, Camedy has to work a five-year service to Yang as his second in-command once again. If Camedy wins, Yang must leave the village alone.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Rogue One ~ RiffTrax Version (2016)

2z8xjq1.jpg

Yeah...I really enjoyed it this time around...
mainly because of Mike, Kevin & Bill...and
while the film is filled with bullshit fan service...
the entire Scarif battle scene is fantastic.

Crash

Reaction score
You want is funny, is that movie is considered cannon, but the guy who original wrote Texas Chainsaw hated that movie so much he doesn't consoder it to be a combined movie, lol.

I don't blame him, it's like with Hellraiser: Revelations, Clive Barker and Doug Bradley(who played Pinhead) said "I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker, it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole." LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I don't blame him, it's like with Hellraiser: Revelations, Clive Barker and Doug Bradley(who played Pinhead) said "I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker, it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole." LOL
Right, I knew it and when I heard it I was just rolling because of how funny it was.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
220px-Texas_Chainsaw_Massacre_-_The_Next_Generation_%281995%29_poster.jpg

It's so bad, never watch that crap... Worst movie of the entire franchise.

MINUS FIVE STARS
Considering the entire franchise...that isn't saying much.

I mean I love the original & its "parody-like sequel...but
lets be honest...it never should have spawned a franchise
in the first place.

This movie...well...it had Matthew McGoganaughey with a
robot leg...so there is at least that.

Also I spell his name that way because that's what I call him.

I've seen worse films...

Crash

Reaction score
Considering the entire franchise...that isn't saying much.

I mean I love the original & its "parody-like sequel...but
lets be honest...it never should have spawned a franchise
in the first place.

This movie...well...it had Matthew McGoganaughey with a
robot leg...so there is at least that.

Also I spell his name that way because that's what I call him.

I've seen worse films...

I like the remake and other recent movies, they are not amazing but better than part 3 and 4...

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Another Face (1936) Broken Nose Dawson (Brian Donlevy) is on the run from the law in New York City so he undergoes plastic surgery to create a new face and a new life. Dr. H.J. Buhler, surgeon and physician, does a the surgery for money under the table but his nurse Mary McCall knows this is the well known mafia hood and threatens to call the police.

Dawson's henchman Mugsy Brown compliments his boss's new face and tells he looks like a movie star so this gives Dawson some ideas: He will go to Hollywood and tryout to be an actor! It works as his new alias, Spencer Duthrow, a playboy gets a gig as a gangster on a movie starring A-lister Sheila Barry but Shela can't stand him because he can't act. Meanwhile, Mary McCall has also relocated to tinseltown and knows who Spencer Duthrow is.

Brian Donlevy gave a spot-on performance as a rough around the edges gangster who uses jargon ("The Blast") no one has any clue about. Silly but enjoyable film.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Ragtime (1981) It took place during Theodore Roosevelt's administration. An upper class family in New Rochele found an abandoned baby in their yard. The baby boy belonged to Sarah, an African American woman who left the baby in a state of panic because she had no job and was unsure the baby's father at the time Coalhouse Walker Jr. (Howard E. Rollins Jr.) would ever return.

But he did return. He got a job as a pianist at a nightclub which catered to people of color and was making decent dough. One afternoon, he driving his Ford Model T down the road when a firefighter Willie Conklin, a racist and a drunkard, got confrontation with Coalhouse for no reason and told him he needed to pay a toll to drive down this road. Coalhose refused and his car was vandalized, with horseshit all over the driver's seat.

He filed a complaint with the police but the police sent him away to file his complaint with the county clerk. The county clerk sent him back to the police. It was a vicious game of ping-ping. Willie Conklin couldn't get fired, as he was a volunteer firefighter but Coalhouse wouldn't drop his case. His pride had been hurt, so he takes extreme measures and with a group of black men, begins shooting down firefighters (they were under Conklin's supervision) one-by-one. He won't stop his act of terrorism until his demands of bringing Conklin to justice are met.

Fine film which, although brings up the serious issues of race relations, murder, adultery, and police brutality, has a touch of levity to it. For instance, aspiring actress Evelyn Nesbit (Elizabeth McGovern) when she practices her dancing with her instructor the dancing is just so bad, she was really this delusional that she could be a star! Ragtime reminds me of the Cohen brothers 1990 film Miller's Crossing in look and feel.