What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
MV5BYmU3MGNkYTMtMjE1ZC00Yzc0LTllODktNzU2ZDMwMDVjNjg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR86,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Love this movie mixing mafia with vampires and with some comedy moments. From the same guy who made An American Werewolf In London...
Man, you know what is funny. I just picked this up yesterday on DVD, lol. Also, I loved this movie because like you said mixing mafia and vampires was pretty cool.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
In an attempt to distance myself from wrestling...I have decided to focus
my attention back on the Art of Cinema...because at least most of the films
I watch actually make some kind of logical sense.

With that said...I had my "Brothers" over for a Saturday movie night...

Double Dragon (1994)
Absolutely awful...but Alyssa Milano looked fantastic in
her tiny shorts...

Deathstalker II (1987)
Another terrible film...but at least it had boobs in it...it
also featured an intergender wrestling match...& that
was kind of lame.

Ant-Man (2015)
One of my favorite Marvel films...and I think its simply
because of the Ants. I like films with Ants in them.

We also had Chinese food for dinner.

It was a great night...

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
In an attempt to distance myself from wrestling...I have decided to focus
my attention back on the Art of Cinema...because at least most of the films
I watch actually make some kind of logical sense.

With that said...I had my "Brothers" over for a Saturday movie night...

Double Dragon (1994)
Absolutely awful...but Alyssa Milano looked fantastic in
her tiny shorts...

Deathstalker II (1987)
Another terrible film...but at least it had boobs in it...it
also featured an intergender wrestling match...& that
was kind of lame.

Ant-Man (2015)
One of my favorite Marvel films...and I think its simply
because of the Ants. I like films with Ants in them.

We also had Chinese food for dinner.

It was a great night...
Deathstalker II was amazing, man. How can you call it terrible?

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I Want to Live! (1958) Barbara Graham (Susan Hayward) is a prostitute who has been in and out of prison for much of her adult life. She spant one year in prison for perjury. She has gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd but decides to turn a new life and get married to Hank. The problem is, her marriage to Hank is worse than her prior life in prostitution as Hank is a gambler and a junkie and this while they have a baby son. She hooks up back with her old associates

One night, as Graham was taking the bus to Lynpool she was picked up by LAPD along with her associates Emmett Perkins and Johny Santo. They finger her for the murder of a 61 one year old disabled woman Mabel Moynahan. In the trial, her defense attorney Richard G. Tilbrow is a schmuck who wanted off the case in the middle of the trial proceedings. She's found guilty of murder which comes with the death penalty.

Her new attorney Mr. Matthews is much sharper and does every wrangling in the legal system to fight for her appeal and a new trial. Right when she's about to walk to the gas chamber, the warden gets a last minute stay of execution. Did the State Supreme Court decide to hear this case?

Tension building final minutes of the film as I'm on the edge as to whether Barbara Graham will be executed or not. It's admirable how the filmmakers decided not portray Barbara in an ideal light; she's no saint, but she's no violent murderer either and the film emphasizes how shady characters, snitches in Barbara's inner circle will rat out her out if it gets them a lighter sentence or off the hook. The justice system is a stacked deck against Barbara Graham.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Cruel Gun Story (1964) Joji Togawa (Joe Shishido) got an early release from prison by mob lawyer Ito. But it's not without strings: Joji must rob an armored car which carries 127 million yen. The armored car is ticket sales from the Japan derby. Joji hooks up with his old partner Shirai, but he also is forced to work with Japanese yakuza cronies to pull off his heist whom he doesn't entirely trust, such as Teramoto, Takizawa, and Yasuji Okada, a past it boxing champion.

Joji had served time in prison for breaking the legs of a truck driver because this truck driver ran over his sister, Rie. Rie can't walk as a result of his tragic injury, and is permanently disabled in a wheelchair. The doctor's prognosis is bleak: even with the surgery, the chances of Rie ever walking again is bleak.

Joji's a sympathetic portrait. While he's a gangster, he's doing it for his sister and his hands are tied. He must pull off this heist job or face the wrath of the yakuza.

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Cruel Gun Story (1964) Joji Togawa (Joe Shishido) got an early release from prison by mob lawyer Ito. But it's not without strings: Joji must rob an armored car which carries 127 million yen. The armored car is ticket sales from the Japan derby. Joji hooks up with his old partner Shirai, but he also is forced to work with Japanese yakuza cronies to pull off his heist whom he doesn't entirely trust, such as Teramoto, Takizawa, and Yasuji Okada, a past it boxing champion.

Joji had served time in prison for breaking the legs of a truck driver to get revenge on this truck driver for running over Joji's sister Rie. Rie can't walk as a result of his tragic injury, and is permanently disabled in a wheelchair. The doctor's prognosis is bleak: even with the surgery, the chances of Rie ever walking again is bleak.

Joji's a sympathetic portrait. While he's a gangster, he's doing it for his sister and his hands are tied. He must pull off this heist job or face the wrath of the yakuza.
I like that you add what the movie's are about, @Geese. :)

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Running Man (1963). Rex Black crashes a plane and fakes his own death to collect the insurance money. His wife Stella Black (Lee Remick) is now the beneficiary of his insurance money but not without strings attached. The investigator from the Excelsior Insurance Company Steve Maddox (Alan Grant) is asking questions. Why would Rex take out an insurance just a mere three months before his death?

Rex has a new identity as the Australian Jim Jerome (John Meillon), his wife Stella is with him and a new life in Malaga, Spain. They think they can forget about their troubles but the insurance investigator Maddox has followed them to Malaga. Is he there to probe this investigation further or does he have another motive in mind? Since Rex is out of the picture and Stella is now a widow why is Maddox following her in Spain?

Running Man was a light hearted suspense film about a con artist who actually wants this insurance investigator in his midst because he thinks he can out-fox him.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The Running Man (1963). Rex Black crashes a plane and fakes his own death to collect the insurance money. His wife Stella Black (Lee Remick) is now the beneficiary of his insurance money but not without strings attached. The investigator from the Excelsior Insurance Company Steve Maddox (Alan Grant) is asking questions. Why would Rex take out an insurance just a mere three months before his death?

Rex has a new identity as the Australian Jim Jerome (John Meillon), his wife Stella is with him and a new life in Malaga, Spain. They think they can forget about their troubles but the insurance investigator Maddox has followed them to Malaga. Is he there to probe this investigation further or does he have another motive in mind? Since Rex is out of the picture and Stella is now a widow why is Maddox following her in Spain?

Running Man was a light hearted suspense film about a con artist who actually wants this insurance investigator in his midst because he thinks he can out-fox him.
Hmm, Very Interesting.... I might have to watch this. I'll check with my library

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Went the pictures on Saturday and watched Deadpool & Avengers. Both fantastic movies but I think I prefer Deadpool just that tiny bit more. Don't know if it's because I was a bit tired from being in the cinema already 3hrs but Avengers I think suffered from too many cooks spoil the broth IMO.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Sunday in New York (1963). Ilene (Jane Fonda) visits her brother Adam in New York. She broke up with Ross Wilson, an amateur boxer, but is still a virgin. At 22 years old, she wants to get out in the world. While taking the bus, she meets Mike Mitchell as sportswriter for the Philadelphia Inquirer and they have a date at the Cafe Francois. They don't exactly hit it off as he tells an inappropriate sex joke about a hooker and a Hungarian military officer which has Ilene leaving the date early.

Ilene eventually says yes to her ex-boyfriend Ross Wilson's proposal. Ross is the kind of person her brother Adams want for his sister: a stand-up guy, honest, and trustworthy. Jane Fonda didn't have chemistry with Mike Mitchell (Rod Taylor) and didn't have much chemistry with Ross Wilson either. An hour into the movie, it felt lagging on too long and I wanted it to end. The plot felt outdated by 60's standards: The sexual revolution was coming and 22-year old Ilene has the mindset of an innocent little schoolgirl.