What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Rear Window (1954) directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Photographer LB Jeffries (James Stewart) is wheelchair bound for the next six weeks. He has nothing to do but to spy on his neighbors with his telescope. One night, he witnesses his neighbor a costumes jewelry salesman Lars Thorwald (Raymond Burr) up at 3:00 am in the morning. He's walking out in the rain and in the morning he's disposing of his handsaws and knives. His wife Emma Thorwald is no longer in the apartment. Jeffries suspects Lars killed his wife. His friend detective Thomas Doyle is skeptical because there's no body and the evidence is very slim but his girlfriend Lisa Carol Fremont (Grace Kelly) and his nurse Stella start to believe Jeffries is onto something.
One of the greatest films ever made...but I have to state Vertigo is my personal favorite Hitchcock film...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The Birds. I am always drawn to it for some reason.
The Birds is amazing...with some truly creepy scenes...the kids playground
springs to mind straight away...but...I found the ending...a little...lacking...if
that's the right word.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
A great movie. However, if you are serious, I suggest you seek psychological help right away. And I'm not joking.

If I go by Jacob's standards then 80% of American moviegoers would be forced to seek psychiatric help. Alfred Hitchcock, if he were alive today, would need therapy because he's always talking about murder and how to get away with it in his films. I don't think I'm mentally ill or there's something wrong with me when I sympathize with a villain in a film who's constantly getting his buttons pressed until he finally snaps.

In Law & Order: The Menendez Murders creator Rene Balcer paints a more nuanced approach to Erik and Lyle and wants to show there was another aspect to why the Menendez boys murdered their parents and they weren't just rich boys who were out for their parents money; namely, they were getting raped by their father Jose Menendez and their mother Kitty turned a willful blind eye. By your definition, Rene Balcer is mentally ill.

There is more than just one narrow way of interpreting a classic film. Different folks, especially the new generation who will watch a Hitchcock movie for the first time, will have a completely different way of interpreting his works. It doesn't mean they need a psychiatric evaluation.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If I go by Jacob's standards then 80% of American moviegoers would be forced to seek psychiatric help. Alfred Hitchcock, if he were alive today, would need therapy because he's always talking about murder and how to get away with it in his films. I don't think I'm mentally ill or there's something wrong with me when I sympathize with a villain in a film who's constantly getting his buttons pressed until he finally snaps.

In Law & Order: The Menendez Murders creator Rene Balcer paints a more nuanced approach to Erik and Lyle and wants to show there was another aspect to why the Menendez boys murdered their parents and they weren't just rich boys who were out for their parents money; namely, they were getting raped by their father Jose Menendez and their mother Kitty turned a willful blind eye. By your definition, Rene Balcer is mentally ill.

There is more than just one narrow way of interpreting a classic film. Different folks, especially the new generation who will watch a Hitchcock movie for the first time, will have a completely different way of interpreting his works. It doesn't mean they need a psychiatric evaluation.

Oh lord, you know, you really need to stop taking posts on a wrestling forum so seriously. And don't assume to know what my standards are, because you really don't.

But if we're going to be serious, let's do it. You said that you sympathize with a man who brutally killed his wife because she was nagging him constantly. Seriously, if she was nagging, he could have left. There are a million ways around it than resorting to murder.

Honestly, that is one of the most ridiculous things to say, especially because of what happened in Florida. And yes, if you support murder because someone is nagging, then you do need psychiatric help.

And I love people who just pull statistics our of their ass. "Oh 80% of people are like this..." however it is a meaningless number because you're just talking out of your ass. Alfred Hitchcock talked about murder the way he did because of his sense of humor and everyone knew that. Your post didn't come across like that. Please stop acting like you know what I or anyone is talking about because you clearly just make it up as you go along.

Ridiculous.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
[QUOTE="Honestly, you come across most of the time like one of the most ridiculous people on this forum. And yes, if you support murder because someone is nagging, then you do need psychiatric help. Alfred Hitchcock talked about murder the way he did because of his sense of humor and everyone knew that. Your post didn't come across like that. [/QUOTE]

Not "everyone" knows that. I'm recently getting into Hitchcock's films because Turner Classics was running a marathon about him. I haven't read his biographies or watched any documentaries about him. I prefer watching his films for the first-time without knowing anything behind it. Allowing critics or friends to give opinions about a film before I watch it clouds my judgment.

Tying the Florida tragedy--a teenager who's been expelled from school and had ties to a white supremacist group to a Hitchcock film 64 years ago is absurd. This tragedy was the farthest thing from my mind this morning when I was writing a movie review on a wrestling forum.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am trying to think of the last movie I watched and I can't think of it.

So as a placeholder, I did watch Blue Planet II. I haven't finished it yet. I can't remember how many episodes I got through in the series. David Attenborough is amazing.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Rear Window (1954) directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Photographer LB Jeffries (James Stewart) is wheelchair bound for the next six weeks. He has nothing to do but to spy on his neighbors with his telescope. One night, he witnesses his neighbor a costumes jewelry salesman Lars Thorwald (Raymond Burr) up at 3:00 am in the morning. He's walking out in the rain and in the morning he's disposing of his handsaws and knives. His wife Emma Thorwald is no longer in the apartment. Jeffries suspects Lars killed his wife. His friend detective Thomas Doyle is skeptical because there's no body and the evidence is very slim but his girlfriend Lisa Carol Fremont (Grace Kelly) and his nurse Stella start to believe Jeffries is onto something.

I came away sympathizing with Lars because he was getting verbally insulted, day after day, by his stupid wife. When a person gets provoked as often as Thorwald was, he's gonna snap.
Implying getting verbally insulted is a reason to commit murder.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Black Panther

Honestly pretty solid. Beyond the story being good, and showcasing a nice bit of backstory to Black Panther and telling a nice lesson, I loved the ways they tied African Culture into it, and as a Political Science student, I even found things to analyze from it.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Ugh...there is some good action but Willie Scott
& Short Round are annoying as all hell.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Now this more like...more action & adventure
with humor that actually works. I approve...

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I would like to point out for the record that a world which doesn't believe Shadow of Doubt is the best Hitchcock film is a world I don't like...anyway.

Harriet The Spy (1996)

Harriet (Michelle Trachtenberg) may only be in the sixth grade, but she's already found her calling: to be a spy. In a private journal she takes everywhere, Harriet records suspicious activity and keeps a running list of observations on virtually everyone she knows. It seems harmless enough until, one day, someone finds the journal and exposes Harriet's critical thoughts about her classmates. Suddenly, even her best friends are against her, and Harriet resolves to take revenge.

The movie is aggressively trying to be wacky. It comes off looking cheap. Director Bronwen Hughes in her feature debut struggles from time to time. Some parts of the movie is less compelling than others. Spying on the cat guy is fine but spying on Eartha Kitt takes up too much time in an important section of the movie. Then there is the heart of the movie. While I appreciate the attempt at a life lesson, it's a bit too muddy. I don't know if white lies are worthy of being the central lesson of the movie. I would also have preferred Sport go off on his own rather than joining Marion. It seems wrong for his character that has been created. Trachtenberg is a terrific child actress and gives a great performance plus her chemistry with Rosie O'Donnell is really good.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Watched Forrest Gump for the very first time today..
Holy crap..Might go down as one of my all time favorites.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro