What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Vertigo (1958) starring James Stewart and Kim Novak. I don't know what to make of this movie. Sight & Sound has ranked it as the greatest movie ever made ahead of Citizen Kaine. It just seems to me that Sight & Sound was trying to massage the poll with its readers to get them to vote Vertigo ahead of Citizen Kaine. It's a good enough mystery thriller as retired detective John "Scottie" Ferguson is hired by his friend and wealthy businessman Gavin Elster to monitor his wife Madelaine Elster (Kim Novak). The story seemed a bit far fetched as Gavin believes Madelaine's great grandmother Carlotta Valdes' spirit is taking possession of his wife, forcing her to behave strangely.

Madelaine wears her hair like her great grandmother Carlotta. She visits Carlotta's tombstone. She goes to a museum gallery in San Francisco and gazes at a painting of her great grandmother for several minutes a day. She even jumps into a lake and tries to drown herself but she doesn't have any recollection of these incidents ever happening. I'm not sure whether it's a spiritual awakening or if she is mentally disturbed.

The latter half of the movie gets better but I like Alfred Hitchcock's Rope and Strangers on a Train better.

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
Yeah it gets such a bad rap because it's not in the Michael Myers continuity but it was a pretty good movie and definitely better than 4, 5 and 6.
And better than part 8 which is the worst one of the series.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
And better than part 8 which is the worst one of the series.

8 really did suck but I saw it on a date with a real cutie who was one of the more fun dates I ever had in my life so it has a place in my heart... but yeah, it was the worst of the series, I agree.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
8 really did suck but I saw it on a date with a real cutie who was one of the more fun dates I ever had in my life so it has a place in my heart... but yeah, it was the worst of the series, I agree.

What pissed me off the most was that rapper they put in the movie, forgot his name but he fucking had a karate fight with Michael Myers and won... But that's not enough he was one of the sole survivors at the end of the movie... Look I don't mind having a celebrity have a role like that in a slasher movie but they always should get brutally killed during the movie. It's like if during the House Of Wax movie, they had Paris Hilton beat the killer and survive... No they were smart and had her killed in the most brutal kill of the movie, which was good movie btw.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
What pissed me off the most was that rapper they put in the movie, forgot his name but he fucking had a karate fight with Michael Myers and won... But that's not enough he was one of the sole survivors at the end of the movie... Look I don't mind having a celebrity have a role like that in a slasher movie but they always should get brutally killed during the movie. It's like if during the House Of Wax movie, they had Paris Hilton beat the killer and survive... No they were smart and had her killed in the most brutal kill of the movie, which was good movie btw.

That is true... he won two fights against Michael... the first one he used a flying kick to send Michael through a window and he got hung when his head was caught in a rope... then, in the garage, he kicked Michael's ass and Michael got caught while the garage was burning... it was Busta Rhymes if I recall correctly. That was pretty cheesy.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
DJWxwc4_Ws_AAf_Ei1.jpg

The Shape of Water (2017)
Guillermo Del Toro...a true artist & visionary film maker once again
hits it out of the park with this romantic take on the Creature from the
Black Lagoon mythos...and its one of the best films I have seen in
years.

Every actor is on point with Sally Hawkins & "Man in Suit" legend
Doug Jones playing their parts perfectly as "Beauty & the Beast"

I can not stress this enough...SEE THIS MOVIE!

Crash

Reaction score
The_Silence_of_the_Lambs_poster.jpg

9/10
I used to think Hannibal was the better of the 2 but after rewatching The Silence Of The Lambs last night, I changed my mind this is way better than Hannibal...

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Chuck (2016) a film about the pug who inspired Rocky, Chuck Wepner. It's a truthful portrayal of Chuck and doesn't mince words about his life. He was an awol father, a philanderer, and a drug dealer. The Bayonne Bleeder was a boxer who was a glorified clubfighter who was ranked way too high at number 8 in the top ten rankings because Don King needed a white boxer to go toe-to-toe with George Foreman. Wepner was a dirty fighter known for his rabbit punches to the back of the head. In his glorious moment of nearly going the distance with Muhammad Ali, his knockdown in the ninth round was actually him tripping Ali's leg. The more embarrassing scene in the film was Wepner getting a chance to audition for a small role as a sparring partner in Rocky II. Sylvester Stallone was high on the guy and pulled a lot of strings to get him the audition. The night before the audition, instead of rehearsing his lines, he was doing coke with his friends. He couldn't remember his lines at the audition so he didn't get the role.

A few words to note about this Showtime's Made-for-TV movie: it stars Ray Donovan alumni Liev Schreiber and Pooch Hall. While Schreiber put forth a good performance as Chuck, Hall was miscast in the role of Muhammad Ali. He was too short and not at all charismatic as The Greatest. Another issue is casting Morgan Spector to play Sylvester Stallone. I couldn't stop laughing at how poorly miscast Spector was as Sly. Spector is rather puny, not much muscles on him. He looked like a young Sean Penn, not the Italian Stallion.

Despite those issues, if you're fight fan or are just curious to know about the man who inspired Rocky, it's worth watching Chuck.

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
v1.bTsxMTIzNjE3NztqOzE3NjM1OzEyMDA7MTA1MDsxNDAw

3/10
Never really seen a SAW movie before this one so I had no idea of what was going on except people getting killed and a lot of violence. Don't get me wrong I love some gore and violence in movies, but it has to have a meaning or some stories behind the violence. Maybe I will try the original SAW...

c-est-arrive-pres-de-chez-vous-a06_2588.jpg

6/10
A kind of a "Black Comedy" a camera crew follows a serial killer in france, soon they start participating themselves in the murders. Once again the violence is very senseless but it's a "comedy" or "mockumentary" so it's to take with a grain of salt. I thought it was ok but not great.

MV5BNTUyNTNjNzYtMDVhYi00YTEwLWJiMGYtNTcxNTFhZjU4NDFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

7.5/10
A very good 3rd part of the series, the zombie girl is awesome and it is a good 80s zombie flick, I used to watch it when I was younger. It's still good today.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

The Dead Pool (1988)

So Jim Carey & Liam Neeson are in this film...
as is a car chase involving an exploding remote
controlled car.

Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
A Classic...a true 80's classic with action, laughs
& a fantastic soundtrack.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Brewster's Millions (1945) starring Dennis O'Keefe. Monty Brewster (O'Keefe) comes back home from serving in the army and he's discovered an uncle he never met has given him $8 million in his will, but there's a catch: Monty must spend one million dollars before his next birthday, October 13th, or he will not inherit anything and he will have to give whatever money he has back to his uncle's estate. He can not tell his friends or his fiancee about this arrangement.

So he invests in sure-fire losing propositions to make sure sure he loses one million dollars before his next birthday. He deposits $200,000 into Colonel Drew's private bank which is on the verge of bankruptcy. He invests $75,000 in a play Girl with A Sweater and, when it fails, he gives them an additional $200,000 and tries to make a mediocre dancer Trixie Summers (June Havoc) the show's star. He invests in JB Allison's lumber and fuel stocks and bets on a longshot in a horse race. But, alas, he actually makes money in all of these bets, except the play. He even wins a Bucket O'Gold radio station sweepstakes of $25,000.

As a comedy, the humor was predictable. You knew he was going to keep having a Midas touch on everything he tried his hand on. He couldn't even get robbed at gunpoint right: In a dark alleyway, Monty was held-up by Lucky Leach but police caught him in the act and told Monty that he was going to receive $1,000 reward money. Brewster's Millions was formulaic; a few grins here and there but not a knee slapper.

It was re-made into a movie starring Richard Pryor in 1985 and the original (1921) starring Fatty Arbuckle. According to Ben Mankiewicz, this 1945 movie was the best version of Brewster's Millions. If that's the case, I wouldn't want to see the other versions.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
DCJVNhPUQAAzEcy.jpg-large.jpeg

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters (2017)
Yeah...it was pretty cool. I mean my expectations were
pretty low...so I was pleasantly surprised. The sound
design was FANTASTIC...so many "bass pulses" which
I always enjoy hearing.

ezgif_2_dfb5b248be_by_tyrantking169-dby9scj.gif

Its on Netflix...so check it out!

Reactions: Red Rain

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
This year I decided my new year's resolution was to watch more movies so I've watched a lot since then so to recap....The Godfather part one was great. Waynes World....Couldn't get into it, funnily enough even though I did think I would, just the jokes didn't land and it was kinda disappointing. Bad Boys, I lol'd. The Thing was weird and terrifying. Lego Batman, still one of the best batman movies imo. 12 Rounds was better than I thought it would be, it's a unique premise for a film but wow, John Cena should have died in that movie! And Yu-Gi-Oh: Dark Side of Dimensions, I play quite a bit of yu-gi-oh but never watched the actual cartoon but wow, Kaiba is a badass even though he's a villain. It's one of those movies where you like the villain more than the hero.

Reactions: Grievous 3D