• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What was the last movie you watched?

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

Submarine (2010) Directed by Richard Ayoade

Witty, Honest and Hilarious is basically the perfect description. I am a massive fan of British film and this is no different, the dry British humour and the overwhelming chemistry between characters is insane. This film gives an honest take of growing up and despite being set in the 1980s it is still as accurate to this day. The cinematography is a genuine thing of beauty and the directing is top notch with this being Richard Ayoade's first feature film (Having previously Directed Music Videos for the likes of Arctic Monkeys). The script and timing of lines is just perfect, the delivery itself as well just hits the right notes in terms of humour. The soundtrack is top notch with the orchestral soundtrack not only being great but Alex Turner's acoustic songs made for the film are amazing and perfectly suited, those can be found on iTunes, Spotify and on 10" Vinyl under the name Alex Turner - Submarine EP.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Watched "All Eyez on Me"

All-Eyez-On-Me.jpg

I loved it... the dude that portrayed Tupac was great in the role and his resemblance to him is crazy! Dude that played Suge Knight was awesome... the dude that played Snoop had his voice down but didn't look anything like him lol

Told the story very well.. well acted by most but not all.. worth a watch if you are a fan of Tupac Amaru Shakur!

Reactions: Death Walker

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Watched "All Eyez on Me"

All-Eyez-On-Me.jpg

I loved it... the dude that portrayed Tupac was great in the role and his resemblance to him is crazy! Dude that played Suge Knight was awesome... the dude that played Snoop had his voice down but didn't look anything like him lol

Told the story very well.. well acted by most but not all.. worth a watch if you are a fan of Tupac Amaru Shakur!

I grew up with Tupac, so I'll actively be avoiding this shitshow attempt to capitalize on his likeness.

I did see Shimmer Lake on Netflix, and it is excellent.

El Curry

Kids See Ghosts
Reaction score
I grew up with Tupac, so I'll actively be avoiding this shitshow attempt to capitalize on his likeness.

I did see Shimmer Lake on Netflix, and it is excellent.
I second this. John Singleton who was close friends with Pac left the project as he thought they weren't respecting Pac's legacy. Sadly Marc Rose (Actor) left with him and MAN Marc Rose looks 10 x more like Pac!!! Rose is perfect for the role! Anyway, Singleton and Rose are meant to make their own Pac biofilm soon.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Spoodermen Hoomcumming...

I mean Spider-Man Homecoming.

It was honestly a great movie and it is a bit more of a light hearted approach on Spiderman and with a slight bit more saucy humour... Unlike the last two, which were depressing as hell...

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Accountant. Ben Affleck gave a very good performance as Christian Wolff, an autistic man who works as an accountant by day and kills bad guys at night. An original action thriller.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Suicide Squad. Will Smith gives a sympathetic performance as Deadshot. I wanted to see him get out of prison so he can see his daughter again, but the rest of the film was forgettable. Typical comic book plot where a group of superheroes, or in this case supervillains, team up to defeat a villain with supernatural powers from taking over the world.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
In The Heat of the Night. 50 years later, this movie is still a classic. I first watched this movie two years and just watched it again. Sidney Poitier was brilliant as the Philadelphia homicide detective Virgil Tibbs who helps a small town sheriff solve the murder of a factory owner Philip Colbert. It takes place in Sparta, Mississippi where Virgil puts up with racist attitudes from hostile witnesses which he would never encounter in his hometown of Philadelphia.

Last edited: