What truly earns you a main event spot?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slyfox696

Reaction score
I respect your opinion but wow Cena over Joe? Five Star matches:
Joe - 1 or 2 (forgot if Joe vs. Punk 2 was a 5 star)
Cena - 0
A 5 star match? Based on whose ratings? Yours? Meltzers?

Sorry, I prefer to think for myself, and Joe has never been in anything better than a 3 and a half star match for my money. His pussified slapfest with Kobashi is so ridiculously overrated by Meltzer it makes everything else he does look ridiculous, and Joe vs. Punk 2 wasn't near as good as Joe vs. Punk 3...which was about a 3 and a half star match, and the only ROH match I've ever seen that I enjoyed.

I guess you have a different view about what good wrestlers are.
Well, mine generally fall in line with the success wrestlers find in the business so...

But when Cena has great matches it's down to who his opponent is say if its HBK, HHH, Orton they can carry virtually anyone and the can make a match look amazing no matter who they have in the ring for example HBK vs Ric Flair wm24, Flair IMO is a legend and fantastic but he is old and not as nimble, strong, or as fit as he use to be hence HBK carried him the match was mint.
See, this is just what I don't understand. When has HHH or Randy Orton EVER had a high quality match without some outstanding on the opposite side of them? They haven't.

The simple fact is that Cena is better in the ring than both of them. This notion that Cena has to be carried to have a great match is ridiculous. He's done it with so many different people, many of whom are inferior workers to him, that the argument doesn't hold water.

No, Cena is a main-event caliber wrestler.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Well i think near enough all of HHH's matches are quality matches but then again I'm biased. but from a neutral point of view a couple of top of my head HHH vs Foley street fight, HHH vs Rock iron-man match, HHH vs HBK hell in cell BB 04 were all wicked matches and high quality. Orton is good in the ring and has greatly improved over the last year to say that he or HHH can't put on quality matches is total crap. And i agree cena is main-event caliber i just said his in-ring skill isn't his strongest point which IMO it isn't he has other skills that are good and go towards what it takes to make it into the main event and stay there.

Romo Is God

Reaction score
but from a neutral point of view a couple of top of my head HHH vs Foley street fight, HHH vs Rock iron-man match, HHH vs HBK hell in cell BB 04 were all wicked matches and high quality.

That's all Triple H is. A glorified, protected gimmick wrestler.