What Should Bound For Glory Been?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RobyD

Reaction score
So, after watching Bound For Glory, and having time to consume and really have an idea on whether or not I enjoyed the show, I think the answer is yes, for the most part as a Pay-Per-View show, it was just fine.

However, as the biggest show of the year, it was pretty underwhelming, and here's why.

Bound For Glory as almost perfectly centered around "They", with the Jarrett match, the Abyss match, to a certain extent the EV2 match and finally the culmination of the build we have seen for months and months, with the World Title match.

I don't even mind the wack job Hogan/Bischoff finish to the match, and I think that on any other Pay-Per-View it would have been acceptable.

But Bound For Glory, to me should be similar to Wrestlemania, in the idea that it is the finish to feuds, it's when everything is finally settled, and it's for the most part full of traditional matches with solid and conclusive finishes. Clearly, that's not what we got.

What's more, is that we didn't get the biggest possible card, which is a big part of what Bound For Glory really should be. Even if it comes at a "great matches" expense, you should have a card with your biggest names against your biggest names.

So here's what I believe the card should have looked like.

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy
With Kurt Angle putting his career on the line, there is absolutely no reason to delude how big the match, with the implications of the stipulations and the huge meeting between the two involved, i really could have sold tickets if built up right. Of course, Angle would win this match, because it would be a huge feel good moment.

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley
Well, you're having these two go at it already right? I understand you want your live Impact to draw well, but at the expense of your biggest show of the year? Come on. This is another meeting that could have been hugely anticipated, especially with more than one weeks notice, and even more great promos involved.

Team 3D vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
Well, you already know that Team 3D are looking to retire and hang it up, the news and rumors started leaking about a month ago. Why not add this match and bill it as 3D's last match ever to the card? Seems to me like a no brainer.

The Knockouts Match
I think the match is fine, and really any variation of Angelina/Velvet vs. Tara/Rayne with Mickie there as well is a simple move to do and worked.

Anderson vs. Dinero
We never got to see the blow of these two, we just kind of forgot that there was ever distension between the two, which was a huge mistake, in my opinion, because it's something people who have had interest in, in my opinion.

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
I know we've seen this a thousand times already, but the feud itself would be a bit more fresh, and the match probably would be too considering AJ Styles is working a slightly different styles than he has in the years of the past. Put the Television Title on the line and you have a blockbuster right there.

Rob Van Dam vs. Abyss
The match existing was fine, but I think it could have been done a lot better. We disregarded for the most part that Van Dam was returning from an injury, and it didn't even feel that big. I'd of put the match on the card, but tried ot make it feel bigger.

Anyways what do you think BFG should have been?

Reaction score
Team 3D vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
Well, you already know that Team 3D are looking to retire and hang it up, the news and rumors started leaking about a month ago. Why not add this match and bill it as 3D's last match ever to the card? Seems to me like a no brainer.

Of course it does, it makes sense and that seems to be something TNA loves to stray from. But instead they'd rather run a tag feud into the ground and give it's fans two thousand Beer Money/Guns matches then follow it up with two thousand and six Guns/Bucks spot fests.

Axis

Reaction score
Match 1: Tag Team Turmoil

Match 2: Tyson Tomko vs Monty Brown [TNA Television Championship]

Match 3: Homicide vs Sean Hernandez [Street Fight]

Match 4: The Steamboats vs Sean Morley/Lance Storm

Match 5: Robert Roode vs Bryan Danielson w/ Christian Cage [Contract on the Line]

Match 6: Booker T/Jay Lethal[c] vs The Hooliganz [TNA Tag Team Championships]

Match 7: Team Canada vs America’s Most Wanted/Kurt Angle [Elimination Rules]

Match 8: Alex Shelley[c] vs Chris Sabin [X-Division Championship – Ladder Match]

Match 9: Samoa Joe[c] vs AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels [TNA World Championships]

Axis

Reaction score
Reaction score
The Alex Shelly v Chris Sabin match at 2009 Genesis is one of my favorite TNA matches of all time. Would love to see something like that again. I approve of Axis's card.

Axis

Reaction score
Pope is in Bailout, a tag team with Davey Richards. They won the Tag Team Turmoil. Wolfe isn't in my BTB, though I may bring him in next year.