What I think is wrong with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
This is out of boredness.

Here is what i think is wrong with TNA.

1. The booking is horrible. I realized that alot in TNA i will think a feud is over with, than out of nowhere a match is made for the PPV, WITH a stipulation that is insane. TNA need a booking team that will look ahead into the next 4 months of the feud. Which it seems that they do is sorta go with the flow and see what happens. I mean the Angle/Joe feud has been going on for a about 7 months now. And week in and week out it has been built up the SAME exact way. Promo, match interference, HUGE brawl into the crowd, after a bit it gets really tired. Their pushing of talent is really annoying too. Angle and Sting should have never been champion. Samoa Joe, Monty Brown, and Abyss should have all been champions before Sting and Angle were EVER champions. I also hate TNA's breaking up of good tag teams, Triple X, AMW, The Naturals, and AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels were all AMAZING tag teams, there was no reason to break any of them up. Actually now that i think about it this connects back to TNA not managing fueds right. LAX vs Amazing Phenomenon was a GREAT fued, each match was 4*, at BFG LAX won the Tag Titles in what i think was the match of the night, and what happens? The fued was just dropped...out of nowhere.

2. I also hate how they pick up useless talent all over the place. To be honest they didn't need Kurt Angle he did nothing to boost ratings for TNA.They are looking for a quick ratings fix instead of building up new talent to introduce to the public. They pick up these WWE rejects and leave talent like Lance Hoyt and Robert Roode(Who is their best homegrown talent) in the cold with nothing to do but fued with the same person for long useless periods of time.

3. Impact needs a second hour no doubt. Their two hour special awhile back was probably the best impact ive ever seen, it had a solid opener with Lethal/Samoa Joe and had the amazing Rhino/Cage barbwire cage match, plus a entertaining three way X-Division Title match up. Oh and another thing, they should have a impact match go off with out interference. I mean almost every match in the history of impact has had outside interference in it, its annoying.

4. They don't push their X or Tag Division on the centerpiece on the promotion. Cause lets admit it their heavyweight division is all over the place and filled up with washed up hack's all over the place. Plus those two division that WWE isn't exactly strong with pushing, and its two things that people would tune in to watch weekly.

5. They need to also get out of the impact zone, and maybe go live for impact. I mean i HATE the Orlando crowd, they cheer anything at all and they are annoying. Plus you put on good live ppv's why not put on live impacts?

6. They have to stop trying to beat WWE, they will never be on that level so quickly....probably ever. But they gotta stop trying to topple the big dawg.

Rell

Reaction score
1. I agree with you 100%...Some of the stuff TNA does makes me believe they think of storyline right on the spot. One minute Abyss has face paint, the next minute he has a mask, I'm not sure if TNA even knows where they are going with this.

and wheres the logic? James Mitchell was threatening to call the authority's on Abyss...HELLO!! Its on national fucking television. We can see you!!

2. Angle has made TNA's ratings consistent, before Angle came in TNA's ratings were unpredictable, but since his arrival they have been averaging about a 1.0

3. This is TNA's main problem. They have much too many wrestlers and with about 45 minutes of television a week, it only makes things more difficult. With a two hour time slot, TNA will be able to build up angles without them being stuffed together...but until then, TNA needs to learn the phrase "Less is More"

4. Agreed

5. They are actually planning to move away from the iMPACT zone next year I believe..It seems like the same people are in the iNCRAP zone every single week. The road will definitely do good for TNA with promoting as well as expanding.

6. I don't think TNA (or any wrestling company) can compete with WWE at the moment. It seems TNA has stopped trying to compete with WWE for the time being (VKM skits, ECW bashing, etc.) but for some strange reason I believe they will start again which is a bad idea.

Some people believe Vince McMahon ignoring TNA is a sign of fear...IMO Vince ignoring TNA is a very intelligent move. Why the hell would Vince want to mention TNA? It will only be promoting them, besides thats exactly what TNA wants him to do and I'm sure Vince knows this.

MikeRaw

I agree with most of that but quite simply,they dont know what they are doing.One week two guys wiillbe in first blood matches against eachother and next week they are like best friends on a team(no ttalking about joe angle tho)....The booking feuds are cheesy and promos often dont make sense.Everyone backstage is unhappy and finally THHE MATCHES/TV ARE TOO SHORT!
Good post though

Reaction score
Impact! Matches are usually 5-8 minutes or more which is great considering they only have like 45 minutes to work with. I dont get what you mean about the first blood matches and being friends. I actually think the promos are one of the strong points in TNA. Impact! going 2 hours will solve the morale problems. I think they'll get 2 hours in the fall...

the real main flaws IMO is Bob Backlund, wrestlers that are deserving not getting pushed, Impact! only has an hour, and bad booking.

I think the bright side of TNA is the X-Division, the incredible wrestlers and that the matches are (on average) very good. As long as they dont have a champion like Khali then im fine

KENNEDY412

Reaction score
i pretty much agree with everything dylan said... and the matches on impact are getting alot better. There use to be like 5-8 minutes of wrestling total on the show but now it seems like there doing alot more wrestling.

the chef

Reaction score
The biggest problem is that they dont really have any distinct heels, which has more to do with the crap crowds at the impact zone who will cheer for anyone or anything.

Reaction score
ok there is only 2 major things wrong
1)only a 1 hour show not a two hour show
2)needs more experience like former wwe,ecw or wcw wrestlaer and a better female division

samborambo

Reaction score
T.N.A is still learning, and has come a long way. There are some booking problems which need to be addressed, Like the fact that the wrestler's seem to be face in one match then a heel in there next one or vice versa. They should be given more time to develop their character, And a two hour time slot would help with this. As for the roster I think Angle and Sting were great signings for T.N.A as they were names that people knew, and may just ad a view more fans.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
OK... i probably agree with you with all those points & what's wrong with the company at the moment. I'll try give a list of *My* biggest problems with TNA.

1. iMPACT!

Nearly everybody agress that impact is kinda getting old & pretty stale now... i haven't had a feeling from watching it when i fought "You know what, that was a great wrestling show"...

2. PPV's

Since TNA's begining with monthly TNA PPV's this is waht i see has happened

October 04 - October 05 PPV's = Average 4 1/2*
October 05 - October 06 PPV's = Average 3 1/2*
October 06 - Present = Average 3* & less

TNA need to get back to the run they were in around 2005 when so many things were going good for them. They had ridicously good talent & people who were headlining the company & The X-Division was headlining PPV's such as Unbreakable 05 which had 1 of TNA's greatest ever matches. The only flaws at that time IMO was Jarrett hogging the title for so long but to be fair, i'd rather Jarrett than Joe or Angle any day. IMO three huge losses 2 TNA were Jeff Hardy, Monty Brown & Sabu... These were all men which TNA had built to the main event. (Jeff was never main event material in WWE) & to replace these guys with Sting, Christian & Angle who were meant to bring in more ratings but failed.

3. Tag Division

Many people have pointed it out & i'm gyna do the same. The whole reason alott of people started to start watching TNA was because it had a really good Tag Division. I mean look back at around Slammy of last year, you had so many top class teams such as... 3D, AMW, Naturals, Team Canada, James Gang, LAX, Styles & Daniels, Bentley & Kazarian, Diamonds In The Rough, Dutt & Lethal, Hoyt & Killings... TNA needs to build a stronger division if it wants to attract more viewers as i did.

In conclusion TNA really have to step up their game because the last time probably really enjoyed watching TNA was when Angle Debut'd (The Only good thing he's done) & the cage match between Styles/Daniels & LAX...

Leave off on this...

Hardy, Brown & Sabu > Sting, Christian & Angle IMO...

Reaction score
i agree with ppretty much everything.

vvvvvv if you like the promos then something isnt right. the promos arent that great. vvvvvvvv
Impact! Matches are usually 5-8 minutes or more which is great considering they only have like 45 minutes to work with. I dont get what you mean about the first blood matches and being friends. I actually think the promos are one of the strong points in TNA. Impact! going 2 hours will solve the morale problems. I think they'll get 2 hours in the fall...

the real main flaws IMO is Bob Backlund, wrestlers that are deserving not getting pushed, Impact! only has an hour, and bad booking.

I think the bright side of TNA is the X-Division, the incredible wrestlers and that the matches are (on average) very good. As long as they dont have a champion like Khali then im fine

chavoheat

Reaction score
Have to disagree with you here. Guys like Christian and Angle have made TNA much more entertaining.

Reaction score
I completly agree with everything you just said. The biggest things being the horrible booking, reluctance to push young talent, and a 2 hour iMPACT!.

Petey Williams should be getting a huge push like he once was, I don't understand it. He was one of the brightest stars in the X Division and is now being buried to jobber status, I don't get it.

To be honest, I hate Angle in TNA. He's a good wreslter and all, but the backstage segments with him last week on iMPACT!, just had WWE written all over them. Copying WWE style television won't boost ratings at all, and makes me miss the TNA that we all saw in 2005, and to a lesser extent 2006 that was so good.

For the record, I don't hate TNA, and I'm not giving up on them. I like some of the WWE talent they've brought in such as Christian, and now he's getting the push he deserves. I just think that the show can do a lot better, thats all.

catacomb31

Reaction score
new guys aren't always new

1. TNA needs to establish there system. They need to stop trying to be the WWE because thats what WCW did and they do not want to be reduced to another WCW and eventually go under.

2. They need to push the TNA talent without neglecting old WWE talent. They need to be very thoughtful about who they sign. Just because they were in the WWE at one time doesn't mean they were good or people liked them.

3. They need to get a 2 hour show, but not reduce themselves to the crap the WWE shows (too much promos, replays, crappy segments, and half-ass pushes for lousy wrestlers *john morrison*)

4. After Hard Justice, have Joe or Angle drop the tag and x division belts AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! I dont like it when one superstar has all the belts, the wrestling buisness is all about the belts and when one person has more than one and doesn't wreslte more than one match it becomes stale for the other talent cause they have no belts to wrestle for.