What I think is wrong with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
i love how tna fans have about a billion excuses why TNA isn't doing better in every category...

but really the booking needs to change before they get two hours because otherwise we will have two hours of crap instead of one.

BLAME RUSSO:angry:

Johnny B

Reaction score
BLAME RUSSO:angry:

I like how people have been using the "blame Russo" excuse for TNA's bad booking. I know there's been a ton of "Russo-esq" storylines that have been absolutely horrible, but you know what? TNA's booking was just as bad for about a year before Russo came back to TNA. At least with Russo we sometimes get more in dept character development and some entertaining storylines. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stand up for Russo, but he has dome some good in TNA, although he's probably done a lot more harm. But the big problem isn't Vince Russo, the big problem is Jeff Jarrett an his dated 1980's Memphis idea of Rasslin'.

I'm not trying to pull a "Dixie Carter" and say that Russo gets more heat than he deserves, I don't care what anyone in TNA says, I don't care how many times people tell me that the "Last Rites" match was Dutch Mantell's idea, that wreaked of Russo and 1999 WCW Thunder.

Would TNA's booking improve if Russo left? Maybe. But you would still have Jeff Jarrett, and Dutch Mantell, I've heard Dutch isn't just a "yes" man for Jarrett and he actually disagrees with Jarrett and Dutch has his own mind behind closed doors but that still doesn't erase the fact that Dutch's booking philosophy and wrestling idea's are even more dated than Jarrett's.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
I like how people have been using the "blame Russo" excuse for TNA's bad booking. I know there's been a ton of "Russo-esq" storylines that have been absolutely horrible, but you know what? TNA's booking was just as bad for about a year before Russo came back to TNA. At least with Russo we sometimes get more in dept character development and some entertaining storylines. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stand up for Russo, but he has dome some good in TNA, although he's probably done a lot more harm. But the big problem isn't Vince Russo, the big problem is Jeff Jarrett an his dated 1980's Memphis idea of Rasslin'.

I'm not trying to pull a "Dixie Carter" and say that Russo gets more heat than he deserves, I don't care what anyone in TNA says, I don't care how many times people tell me that the "Last Rites" match was Dutch Mantell's idea, that wreaked of Russo and 1999 WCW Thunder.

Would TNA's booking improve if Russo left? Maybe. But you would still have Jeff Jarrett, and Dutch Mantell, I've heard Dutch isn't just a "yes" man for Jarrett and he actually disagrees with Jarrett and Dutch has his own mind behind closed doors but that still doesn't erase the fact that Dutch's booking philosophy and wrestling idea's are even more dated than Jarrett's.

so would you agree that two hours isn't going to solve TNA's problems? because every TNA fanboy is acting like two hours will be TNA's saving grace.
when in fact it pretty much will be the opposite...

Johnny B

Reaction score
so would you agree that two hours isn't going to solve TNA's problems? because every TNA fanboy is acting like two hours will be TNA's saving grace.
when in fact it pretty much will be the opposite...

A second hour wouldn't get rid of the stupid Karen Angle storyline, a second hour wouldn't get rid of stupid angles where Abyss is pulled under the ring, a second hour wouldn't get rid of all the stupid gimmick matches and the constant pushing of "over-the-hill" cast-off's.

Would a second hour help TNA? It might, but I once heard a wise man say that TNA currently has a 9 page run-sheet, when they go to two hours, it'll turn into 18 pages. What I mean is that when TNA gets their second hour, they probably won't slow the pace down, it will just be like two episodes of Impact back-to-back, no longer matches, just twice as many short matches with screwy finishes on Impact.