We can make TNA a better show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Good post, not quite as epic as the one I did last year :), but very good shit. It's just very telling of how terrible TNA is in general when we are having threads like this on a regular basis.

1. Minimize. As much as they want to project the image of being a global promotion, the truth is they aren't. They are a small traveling indy. They have more resources than the original ECW ever had, but are having just a fraction of ECW's success. They need to cut the roster in half. Cut the PPV's by 75%, 4 shows is more than plenty for this group or do iPPV like Chuck said, their shows aren't worthy of 39.99 and it's not financially rewarding for TNA to do 12 ppvs, it's part of the facade they put up.

2. Dixie, get a fucking grip on reality. The reality is that everything she has done to this company has failed. Having Russo on staff is easily her biggest mistake. Get him the fuck out, the industry has passed his simple mind by lonnnggggg ago. I could really get into this, but if you seriously think Russo had a great mind for WRESTLING, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. He had a natch for creating some shocks and swerves and trash tv, but that was under Vince's guidance. He left and he has never had one money making idea in over 11 years, that's not coincidence.

Jeff Jarrett needs to GTFO, the best thing he ever did for TNA was when he was gone for that year and a half. There has never been a "WORLD CHAMP" that has been as ineffectual or useless as Jarrett. He as champ was one of the biggest nails in the coffin for WCW.

Dixie needs to clean house. No Russo. No Jarrett. Hogan and Bisch as on screen talents only. Give someone who isn't agenda driven nor ego maniacal to run this company, then just sit there and be the money mark that you are. And maybe, just maybe you might start to see some legit return on your investment.

Don't run out the proven old guys. Hogan, Flair and Sting are still relevant. They have something none of the TNA guys have, name value. Flair is still a better worker than guys like Morgan, Abyss, Rob Terry, the Guns and Gen Me. These guys can learn something from guys that have done more in this industry in one month then these guys have done in their collective careers combined. The key is to not PUT THE OLD GUYS OVER THE YOUNG GUYS. Nor to bury TNA originals by guys who've been in WWE. Nothing stupider than making your guys look weaker than guys that showed up from WWE.

There's a whole lot more I can get into, but Chuck said alot and I posted a mini manifesto on this shit last year.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
Put on better quality wrestling on impact instead of so many matches that end because of something stupid.I think its ok to do stuff like that on the main event but give people some entetaining wrestling matches somewhere in there.Stop with so many ppv main event screwjob endings,people pay good money for wrestling show and watch the weekly tv show for the stories.

qazjun

Reaction score
I mean, in terms of kayfabe, you can't guys to wrap it up, they are in the middle of a contest.

chessarmy

Reaction score
What the hell is it with all of the Russo hate? I mean no shit the man has had some terrible ideas but this is the guy who played a major role in creating and advancing the attitude era. If it wasn't for Russo, Vince would probably not own WCW. This is the guy who ended the incredible rating streak that WCW had and then went to WCW and brought their ratings back up. Later on he left and when he came back he brought them back up. He's done some things right in TNA and some things not right. It's been acknowledged that not every idea in TNA came through Russo. It wasn't until around July of 2009 that he became the head writer. Now is this also the guy that had the biggest part in the downfall of WCW? Yes but its the same guy who saved the WWF and greatly increased the ratings for WCW when he was hired and returned. To act like he is the worst writer in the world and that all of TNA's mistakes is a result of him is bullshit.

Agreed, it's not Vince Russo's fault...

It's Dixie's for keeping the guy employed.