WCW Rules Presents: The Last Word in World Wrestling Entertainment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW Rules

Reaction score
WCW Rules' Personal Notes on RAW

This was quite an emotional show for me to write, and quite a perplexing one: this is the first show I've written in near eight months; most bookers active nowadays cannot tell you the same thing. Not to mention, I struggled for three weeks writing it; revising it, trying to create immersing stories, and so forth. Though it's a bit rushed, I still feel, in my humble opinion, that it's as good as it can be.

It's quite a dark program, though there are some comedic moments. There's a reason why I call myself the 'Tim Burton' of BTB; I, being a fan of dark, human drama, sought to bring that element to my writing, and so I brought it to this one BTB. It might not fit the WWE quite well, but in the end, it'll transition. Though it might turn some people off, I'm elated to have such an atmosphere bestowed upon my writing. In my humble opinion, it brings a new dimension to the characters and makes stories far more cinematic than in real life professional wrestling. That's the beauty of BTB; you can mould the promotion to your liking. To me, WWE threads tend to be monotonous and such, due to the characters and feuds. That's why I decided earlier on to include within my BTB writing, my own brand and trademark of characterization. I think it paid off quite well.

Of course, the situation with the bird. Don't worry, readers; PETA was on my ass, and I myself, being an animal lover, would NEVER put an animal in such a position. The bird in Orton's hands was real, but there was no harm done. That's why I included, "Though it's demise was offscreen." That was a hint of assurance, but I guess it didn't work as planned. Nonetheless, the bird's death was to strengthen Orton's sadistic characterization. I hatched the idea (no pun intended) from the No Mercy 2007 poster, featuring Randy Orton and, you guessed it, a bird; it was my inspiration.

--------------

:: RAW News and Notes ::
The last RAW of the year was a huge success for the WWE; the program managed to pull in a 3.6 rating. The WWE Championship Match and the segment featuring Triple H and Bret Hart pulled in the highest ratings. Vince McMahon is satisfied with the way the product is going, but he himself deemed RAW "too dark" for his tastes. Numerous sources indicate the tone of the program next week will be less so, but still retain some of what made this RAW work. Controversy, though, arose with the killing of the canary bird. The canary was not killed, which is why the demise was done offscreen, to assure the audience. Vince McMahon and the writers came under fire by PETA, but the organization took back its comments after seeing no harm was done to the animal.

The Women's Division will see two new additions to the roster soon, seeing as Candice Michelle's opponents are growing thin, and there are no plans to turn her Heel anytime soon. She's considered to be the Cena of the Women's Division, as she's raking in merchandise sales, primarily from young girls and teens. WWE, of course, sees this as a chance to further push her; then again, management also sees that Mickie James, though missing from action this week, is rising in popularity as well. A confrontation between the two face Divas is all but inevitable. Regarding the two new additions to the Women's Division, one of the women is former two time OVW Women's Champion, while the other is a former WEW World Heavyweight Champion. Expect one of them to debut following the Royal Rumble.

Ron Killings' debut was considered a success, though the TNA chanting was a bit more than the WWE could manage. Nonetheless, the former NWA Champion is in line for a considerable push in the coming weeks; there are talks within management that a feud with a returning Marcus Cor Von in March, considering their history together, is not too far off in the planning. Then again, WWE wants to book Cryme Tyme as a legitimate threat; there are talks of turning them into a militant gang and teaming them up with Ron Killings.

The WWE Championship scene, concerning Randy Orton, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels, will be welcoming their newest member to the division; Carlito. Long overdue, the San Juan Stud, following his victory over CM Punk in a Steel Cage Match on RAW, is now considered, by WWE management, a WWE Championship contender. Whether or not his push will remain in line for the Royal Rumble remains to be seen, but rest assured, sources indicate he'll make his contendership known on RAW in the coming weeks.

Beer

Looking Sexy!! Deff review your next show. That is, if you review mine??

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I would, but as it seems, I don't really believe in the 'Review for Review' system. I find it tedious; if you wanna review a show, go ahead, but you shouldn't review just because you expect that person to return it. I'm writing this because I love to, and if you like the shows, that's fine, but I'll only review because I'd like to help someone improve, not for my own sake.

JHar888

Reaction score
News update looks very good to say the least! Everything is so realistic, like the TNA chant for RK, the OVW call-ups debuting at the Rumble, and how PETA tried to screw everything up with the canary "killing." I hate those PETA people...Anyways, glad to see Carlito and Ron Killings get pushes for once. I'm looking forward to the Royal Rumble, and will be checking the next show out!

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments, JHar888. I've done a lot of thinking over the last few days, and this is the product of that thinking. Alas, no Smackdown!, no RAW, just this; meaning I'm skipping ahead and going full force into the Rumble, seeing as I dislike, with a passion, writing these weekly programs. This is the FINAL card, but please, do NOT post predictions until after I've posted the immense Preview that awaits in the coming days. The Preview will be as long and in depth as I can make it, seeing as it'll make up for the loss of weekly shows. I'm hoping to have the Royal Rumble written and posted on the eve of my first Pay Per View, GCW Friction's, two year anniversary, which is July 29th or so. Now, for those wondering about No Way Out and Wrestlemania 24, I might do the same thing. Here's the FINAL Royal Rumble Card, remember though, do not leave predictions until the Preview has been done and dusted;

RR08.jpg

Final Card for the Royal Rumble
Date: January 27th, 2008
Music: Life is Beautiful - Sixx: A.M.

Royal Rumble Match
Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JBL, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and ???

RR02.jpg

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H Vs Winner of the Number One Contender Match Vs Randy Orton ©

RR03.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Bobby Lashley Vs John Cena ©

RR04.jpg

Interpromotional Grudge Match
Mr. Kennedy Vs Chris Jericho

RR05.jpg

Number One Contender Match
Carlito Vs HBK
The Loser goes on to the Royal Rumble; The Winner goes on to the WWE Championship Match

RR06.jpg

WWE Women's Championship Match
Victoria Vs Candice Michelle ©​

JHar888

Reaction score
^ Yes indeed, the scheduled matches sound good, as well as the Royal Rumble participants. I'll be checking it out!

1chiban

Reaction score
Are you going to update this? It was so good too :)

Emperor DC

Reaction score
There is nothing to update in all honesty. The guy does not rush his stuff, rightfully so too. Believe me, it will be worth its weight in gold when it does come.

Reaction score
Will get some reviews up soon.

Now listen, I've seen the comments in my BTB thread on the other site, tell them that I didn't re-reg and tell DH6 that hes the idiot because he doesn't know what the hell he is on about.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
P25Logo.jpg

POWER 25
~ The Week of 1/20 - 1/26 ~

1. John Cena: The Docta of Thuganomics managed to pull off a victory for his team in a Handicap match against the Big Red Machine, solidifying his success thus far, but in the end, Bobby Lashley betrayed him and speared him for good measure, gaining far more momentum. The WWE Tag Team Champions are going head on into the Rumble; will John Cena retain the gold against his so called ally?

2. Triple H: The King of Kings reigned supreme on RAW, gaining a win against the combined forces of the Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin, and Carlito. Triple H has deemed himself a more than worthy successor to the WWE Championship, even going so far as to punish those who'd say otherwise. Emotions are rising, and this Sunday, oh yes, there will be blood in this man's future, whether upon himself or his enemy, this man will go by any means necessary to become WWE Champion once again.

3. Randy Orton: The WWE Champion guided his partner, Shelton Benjamin, and Carlito, through a match against the brief reunion of Degeneration X, but unfortunately for Orton, it didn't pan out to his expectations. Nonetheless, the Legend Killer seems certain that at the Rumble, he will indeed retain the WWE Championship. Judging by his insane actions in the past few weeks, we think so.

4. Mr. Kennedy: Mr. Money in the Bank once again defeated another ECW Original for the second time in a month; defeating Richards in an Extreme Rules match up. The brash superstar mocked Jericho by locking in the Walls of Jericho on his accord, but the King of the World made a comeback, interrupting Kennedy and making him pay for such a transgression. Can this man overcome his greatest obstacle yet, and also, will he finally cash in the Money in the Bank? We'll see this Sunday.

5. Bobby Lashley: Theodore Long's personal choice for the World Heavyweight title was on the winning side this past Smackdown, and with enough ingenuity, caught his partner off guard and speared him for good measure! Can he keep the momentum going and capture the World Heavyweight Championship this Sunday?

6. The Undertaker: The Lord of Darkness coerced his brother into a Handicap match against the WWE Tag Team Champions this past Smackdown!, and ultimately, made his brother pay in blood for making him lose the World Heavyweight Championship at Armageddon. The Deadman has a chance to correct his brother's mishap and reclaim the throne of darkness; we think he has a solid chance of doing so this Sunday.

7. HBK: The Heartbreak Kid superkicked his way into the top 10 once more after being on the winning side of a Tag Team match this past week on RAW. The Showstopper wants the WWE Championship, and if he defeats Carlito, he'll have to go through his compadre, Triple H, and his sworn enemy, Randy Orton, in order to attain it. The dream is near; all he must do is take it.

8. Chris Jericho: The King of the World sent his nemesis, Kennedy, a strong message on RAW this past week, disqualifying himself after locking in the Walls of Jericho on Daniel Rodimer and not letting go even after Rodimer had the ropes. Nonetheless, Jericho appeared on Smackdown! to personally give Kennedy a message he won't soon forget.

9. Carlito: Though on the losing side of a Tag Team match, the San Juan Stud escaped the same fate his partner, Shelton Benjamin, suffered at the end of RAW. Carlito hungers for Championship gold and three men stand in his way of fulfilling his lifelong dream; it's going to be a long road for this second generation superstar..

10. Shelton Benjamin: The Intercontinental Champion suffered a loss, being the man pinned by Triple H this past week on RAW in a Tag Team match. As a result, he drops from his former position at number nine. His partner, Carlito, didn't relieve the situation for him, leaving in the end. If Shelton Benjamin wins the Rumble, will he go after WWE Champion, Randy Orton, his own friend?

11. Rey Mysterio Jr: The Luchadore from the 619 defeated longtime friend and rival, Chavo Guerrero, this week on Smackdown!, but does he have a chance in the Rumble? Judging by his 2006 win, we reckon he has a good chance.

12. Candice Michelle: The Women's Champion has hurdled through many a challenge this past week; first, she fended off Beth Pheonix on RAW, defeating her in singles action, and on Smackdown, she had to evade Layla and an invasion from Victoria. Is she ready for Victoria this coming Sunday?

13. Booker T: The Iron Man of WWE has turned his back on the fans, beating down Cruiserweight Champion, Robert Anthony, to a bloody pulp, with the aid of two unlikely individuals in Burke and Henry. The three men formed what they called, "The Club Coalition." What the hell is The Club Coalition, and what's its purpose? Please, tell us.

14. Umaga: The Samoan Bulldozer slips once again, due to inactivity this week. Though he's been missing RAW, we think he'll make quite a splash in the Royal Rumble.

15. Edge: The Rated R Superstar made quite an impression on the Academy this week, defeating CM Punk in singles action on RAW and crossing into the blue brand, mauling Teddy Hart, Maryse, and Matt Hardy out of pure, unadulterated spite. "The Rated R Era will begin once more at the Royal Rumble," a furious Edge proclaimed; just what does he mean by this?

16. Kane: The Big Red Machine drops this week, due to a loss against WWE Tag Team Champions, John Cena and Bobby Lashley. His brother didn't take too kindly to his losing of the World Heavyweight Championship for him at Armageddon, but he has a chance at redemption this Sunday, perhaps in aiding his brother win the Rumble.

17. Burchill & Thorn: The duo were passive this week due to their Lord's instruction. The Academy predicts both Thorn and Burchill will somehow pave the way for The Undertaker's dominance in the Rumble, but the question remains; if it comes down to just Burchill, Thorn, and Undertaker, will there be a Ministry?

18. CM Punk: The Straight Edge superstars drops a spot this week due to a loss against the Rated R Superstar, Edge, on RAW. Punk needs to bounce back if he wants to rise a spot, but in order to do so, he'll have to make quite the impression in the Rumble, perhaps even win it.

19. Teddy Hart: Teddy Hart's beautiful rose, Maryse, continues to be quite the thorn in the side for a certain Matt Hardy. Teddy and his girlfriend however, became the victims of a random act of violence, falling to the rage of the Rated R Superstar, Edge. This young man's in the Rumble, but can he take it upon himself to achieve what no Hart has?

20. Victoria: Defeating Maria in singles action on RAW, the Number One Contender to the Women's Championship made damn sure Maria wouldn't get in her way of Candice, injuring the poor girl till security came to her aid. This psycho bitch wants the Women's Championship, and she's willing to do anything to retrieve it. Will she decimate Candice this Sunday in order to do so?

21. Matt Hardy: Matt just can't seem to catch a break; Teddy Hart and his mistress, Maryse, continue to throw him off balance, and on Smackdown, Edge suddenly appeared and attacked him, Maryse, and Hart. For the man that just won't die, perhaps the Rumble will provide the perfect opportunity for some measure of redemption?

22. Ron Killings: The Truth knows it's all about the mon-ay, seeing as he and Cryme Tyme joined forces briefly this past Monday and managed to pull a wool over the eyes of recent Royal Rumble qualifier, John Bradshaw Layfield. Nonetheless, this is his first Royal Rumble, and we think he'll do great things.

23. JBL: The Wrestling God qualified for the Rumble, defeating one half of The Bulldogs, TJ Wilson. The millionaire found his pockets to be a little emptier than normal, though, due to the antics of Cryme Tyme and their new homie, Ron Killings. We're sure Bradshaw's fine, but he'll need his strength for the Rumble.

24. Burke & Henry: A rather unusual tandem has debuted on the P25, and is putting Friday Nights on check; the team of Elijah Burke and Mark Henry. The accolades pour through these two superstars; one a former amateur boxer with a 103-1 record, and the other a former Olympian. The pair aided Booker T in beating down popular Cruiser Champ, Robert Anthony. Forming the "Club Coalition," this duo may have a chance at glory this Sunday.

25. Smith & Wilson: The Bulldogs slip on the Power 25, due to TJ Wilson taking a loss against JBL in a Royal Rumble qualifying match. Although TJ Wilson won't be participating, his partner, Harry Smith, will be. Will Harry Smith achieve what his father could not?

-------------------------

The Academy's Predictions;

Edge or The Undertaker will win the Royal Rumble

Randy Orton will retain against Triple H and Carlito

John Cena will retain against Bobby Lashley

Mr. Kennedy will defeat Chris Jericho

Carlito will defeat HBK

Victoria will defeat Candice for the Women's Championship

RR08.jpg

The Official Preview of the Royal Rumble
Date: January 27th, 2008
Music: Life is Beautiful - Sixx: A.M.

:: A WCW Rules Production ::

The Royal Rumble Match
Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JBL, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, and ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and ???

"The Battle Royale of Our Time..."

For decades, The Royal Rumble has been one of the most prestigious traditions in World Wrestling Entertainment, and as such, is held in high regard. Beginning in 1993, the winner of the Rumble would receive a title shot at the corresponding Wrestlemania. It's a historic tradition that has propelled and solidified the careers of some of the most prolific and prominent superstars in WWE history, from Hulkamania to The Heartbreak Kid, from The Rattlesnake to The Great One, and from The Game to The Lord of Darkness. The careers of these and other individuals have been cemented in WWE history, as a result of winning the Royal Rumble. History can be made again this year, in what has been claimed as the "Battle Royale of Our Time."

World Wrestling Entertainment has witnessed some of the greatest step into the squared circle at Rumble time, only to fail in their endeavors, their dreams dashed. For others, fate was kind to them and their belonging in the Main Event at Wrestlemania would forever be recorded in the annals for professional wrestling history. For years, the Royal Rumble has signified not the beginnings of a man's career, but the place it took upon those who came before him. Perhaps it'll happen this year...

The Road to Wrestlemania 24 begins here, folks; the winner of the 22nd Annual Royal Rumble will usher in the road to glory, fame, and ultimately, fortune by way of a World Championship. Prepare yourself, ladies and gents... FOR THE BATTLE ROYALE OF OUR TIME...

RR02.jpg

"A Touch of Destiny..."

In order to truly understand the turmoil and emotion disorder seeping through this feud, one must rewind back to August 16th, 2004; on this monumental day, Randy Orton proved to the world, and his buddies in Evolution, just why he deserved to become the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in history, defeating the former Champion, Chris Benoit, to retain the title. Mere moments after the young man's victory, his teammates from Evolution arrived and held a celebration in his honor; unbeknownst to Orton, however, were Triple H and his cohorts' true intentions. Jealousy and contempt ran rampant within Triple H, of whom was deprived of the World Heavyweight Championship. You'd think seeing his young protege jubiliant and ecstatic about being the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in history would bring a smile, a sense of accomplishment to Triple H's being, but then again, you'd be dead wrong. For The Game, nothing was more important than the taste and allure of gold, not even the relationships he had forged prior.

As Randy Orton was hoisted upon Batista's shoulder, as if like brothers, he looked to Triple H for some assurance, some sign of approval for his victory against Chris Benoit. Initially, Triple H's warm demeanor hoped to alleviate Orton of the burden of being a new Champion, but The Game had other plans in store for his protege; in an act of betrayal, Triple H gave Orton the thumbs up, but invariably turned it down, forcing Batista to slam Randy Orton onto the canvas, unexpectedly! As Orton was helpless against the onslaught from Evolution, Triple H told him in a mere whisper, "Now, you know..." It was the moment whereupon Orton had lost his innocence, and the Legend Killer would never be the same again....

Fast forward to the fall of '06; Degeneration X had sweeped the Tag Team division dry of competitors, enemies such as The Sprit Squad, Cade and Murdoch, and more had been defeated by the duo of Triple H and HBK, but a new power had arisen from the ashes of old feuds undead. The Legend Killer, Randy Orton, and the Rated R Superstar, Edge, had formed a team to, quote on quote, "stop Degeneration X's dominance, and take some measure of revenge." Throughout the Fall, Degeneration X had largely dominated the team of Rated RKO, until the Pay Per View of New Years Revolution, in which Rated RKO, though not defeating Degeneration X, had commited a decisive blow to the team; injuring The Game, Triple H, and keeping him out for much of the year. In this respect, Rated RKO had retained the World Tag Team Championships and ended the war, but their imminent implosion months later would foreshadow good things to come for the Legend Killer, whilst the Rated R Superstar was left in limbo.

In mid 2007, The Game returned and took revenge upon one half of the men whom had him injured for the majority of the year; The Rated R Superstar, Edge. Triple H defeated Edge in a Number One Contender's match at Cyber Sunday, in a First Blood match. Since Triple H had won, he now had his eyes set on the WWE Champion, Randy Orton. For The Game, Orton was the consummate target, the man who truly injured him at New Years Revolution. For months after disaster had befallen him, Triple H awaited the moment he'd come back and take revenge upon Rated RKO, and indeed, he has done so with Edge, but can he defeat the one other, the WWE Champion, Randy Orton?

The time has come for the scars of the past to wither, and the rite of future to occur. Triple H has forewarned his fans that if he fails to obtain the WWE Championship this time around, there's no turning back for him. For the second challenger, it's do or die. As for the WWE Champion, Randy Orton? Not quite sure... For all three, however, it'll be naught but a touch of destiny....

RR03.jpg

"A War of Circumstance..."

For the first time ever, arguably two of the most popular superstars on the Smackdown! Roster will go face to face at the Royal Rumble for the World Heavyweight Championship; The Real Deal, Theodore Long's personal choice for the World Heavyweight Championship, Bobby Lashley, against the Docta of Thuganomics, the World Heavyweight Champion, John Cena! Some dismissed it as being impossible, while others were waiting for such an encounter to occur on Smackdown! for quite awhile.

John Cena, perhaps in an act of God, had ended The Lord of Darkness' historic nine month reign of terror at Armageddon, during which time The Phenom had laid Smackdown! bare of credible competitors, sending the likes of Batista to the infinite abyss, and defeating pretenders to the throne of darkness such as Booker T and Bobby Lashley. Stemming from his firing from RAW, John Cena had become a near changed man; though his adoration from the fans had not dwindled, his general dislike of authoritarian figures and the like had increased tenfold, and this recovered in him an intensity that had been lost for years. The Marine, The Docta of Thuganomics, The fucking man, John Cena had become the NEW Champion of Smackdown, if only because Theodore Long had the audacity to sign him into the Hell in the Cell match at Armageddon. Some would say Cena was lucky, while others would proclaim it as an act of God to punish the Lord of Darkness. Whether it be by earthly authority or divine intervention, Cena was top dawg of Smackdown! once again.

Theodore Long became Cena's personal sponsor, supporting him in numerous endeavors and matches on Smackdown. Cena became increasingly agrivated of Long's trailing, and once he and Lashley, through Long's booking, captured the WWE Tag Team Championships against Paul Burchill and Kevin Thorn, Cena had enough of him. The following week, he told Long to fuck off, and this'd ignite a personal feud between Long and Cena. Bobby Lashley, Cena's Tag Team Championship partner, tried to stay out of their affairs, but the dissent it caused forced him into an ultimatum; aid his longtime friend and collaborator, Theodore Long, or help his newfound partner in John Cena? He chose his old collaborator, Theodore Long, and in return, Long ensured him success, promising him a title shot at the Royal Rumble.

The Lord of Darkness and former Champion, The Undertaker, impeded T Lo and Lashley's road to the upper echelons of Smackdown. After some weeks of being passive, The Phenom returned and demanded a rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship. Theodore Long assured him that after the Royal Rumble, he'd have his rematch; this infuriated The Undertaker, and the beckoning of his minions forced Theodore Long into a quagmire. Thus, the General Manager would produce his own brand of solution; The Undertaker versus Bobby Lashley in a Number One Contender's match on Smackdown. In order for the match to go Long's way, he instructed, or rather, coerced John Cena into aiding Lashley, or else he'd, as he said, strip Cena of the Championship. This angered fans, but indeed, it angered Cena far more than one can comprehend. At the behest of Long, Cena appeared during their match, but instead of aiding Lashley, he did nothing and stood near ringside, looking on. Long, frustrated, appeared not too long after and demanded Cena to participate and help Lashley. Laughing, Cena asked of the fans, "Hmm... what should I do, huh?" The fans gave him the heads up and without notice, he pummeled the General Manager and took to the ring, clotheslining both The Undertaker and Bobby Lashley!

The fans screamed as Cena pumped himself up and ripped his shirt asunder, gaining the fans' unanimous adoration, and proceeded to perform a "You Can't See Me" on his, quote on quote, "friend," Mr. Lashley, but once Long came into the ring and tried to impart his own brand of justice, the Docta of Thuganomics wrote a prescription for T Lo that he soon wouldn't forget; a dose of FU! The program ended as Cena stood tall over The Undertaker, Theodore Long, and his uneasy ally, Bobby Lashley... The next week, on Smackdown, Theodore Long looked to appropriate Cena of the World Heavyweight Championship, but was persuaded otherwise by Bobby Lashley, of whom he named Number One Contender. As a result, The Undertaker lurked in the shadows while Cena's problems with Theodore Long persisted.

Theodore Long and Bobby Lashley would be regarded in the wrong for this entire feud, by which Lashley's popularity with the fans soon turned into scorn and disdain, though the Real Deal did no wrong to deserve such desertion. For weeks leading into the Rumble, Theodore Long hindered Cena, and his partner, Bobby Lashley, was beginning to have second thoughts of choosing Long over Cena. On Smackdown! before the Rumble, Lashley tried to make peace with Cena, apologizing for Long's sudden behavioral change, but Cena brushed him off and told him, "Let's just go out and kick Kane's ass. Nothing more, and nothing less, got that?" The Real Deal huffed and puffed like a big bad wolf, but swallowed his pride and said nothing more to John Cena. Theodore Long accompanied him as Cena entered the ring alone. The WWE Tag Team Champions defeated The Undertaker's brother, Kane, in a Handicap match sanctioned in an agreement by Long and Undertaker. No one would expect, however, to see Lashley turn on Cena after the match and SPEARING him for good measure!

The fans booed as Theodore Long raised his hand in triumph; Smackdown! ended with Lashley and Long standing tall, towering over The Champ, John Cena. The tides have turned to Lashley's favor, but can he keep the momentum going once he comes face to face with the very man he sought to protect, as instated by Long, and instead, betrayed? Can he earn his second World Championship, or karma be his end? Can John Cena walk out of Madison Square Garden the World Heavyweight Champion? And what of The Lord of Darkness, The Undertaker? Before Smackdown! went off the air, he proclaimed he'd let his presence be known in the World Heavyweight Championship match. What does he mean by this?

RR04.jpg

"A Desire for Honor..."

For Mr. Kennedy, ending Rob Van Dam's career at Armageddon was, along with winning the Money in the Bank briefcase, one of the most monumental happenings in his career for the calendar year of 2007 and quite frankly, prior. The year was good for Kennedy all throughout; numerous victories, being embroiled in high profile matches and stipulations, not to mention, ending the career of one of the most decorated superstars in memory. The brash loudmouth gained quite a bit of credbility, but in the end, him ending Van Dam's career would have serious implications, and this included incurring the wrath of an ECW alumni, Chris Jericho. For Jericho, returning to the WWE in November was a return to home, but the home he had returned to was deeply rooted in near corruption, immeasurable decadence, and defiance: The Destined Ones embodied corruption, The Ministry embodied decadence, and one man embodied defiance; Mr. Money in the Bank, Mr. Kennedy!

This one man has dominated Smackdown! for as long as he has been Mr. Money in the Bank, and tis no small feat, especially with the Ministry's foreboding presence looming throughout. Kennedy had consolidated his reputation on Smackdown! as an arrogant young man who'd ruin those for undermining his in ring ability (or lack thereof) and his character. He has deemed himself a World Championship contender, and indeed, being Mr. Money in the Bank, it's hard to argue. For Chris Jericho, however, being in the business for more than a decade has taught him much about the business of professional wrestling. Indeed, before entering into the big leagues of World Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment, he entered the foray through a much smaller, and far more volatile, promotion from the North; EC-Dubya!

Chris Jericho's tenure in Extreme Championship Wrestling was quite eventful, albeit brief; in 1996, he captured the ECW Television Championship, and went toe to toe with some of toughest and roughest ECW had to offer, including Sabu, Tazz, Shane Douglas, and one other man; Rob Van Dam. During his tenure in the promotion, Jericho had amassed a tremendous amount of respect for the ECW lockeroom, and, in particular, Rob Van Dam. His respect for the man carried over into WCW, and into WWE, where he became the first Undisputed Champion. This accolade alone had earned him a place in the annals of professional wrestling history. However, he still remembers where he started, from where he broke through into the mainstream; it is, after all, the driving force behind his discontent for the United States Champion, Mr. Kennedy.

Once Kennedy retired Van Dam, he made an appearance on RAW, perhaps to set the record straight regarding Van Dam's retirement. Instead, he was bombarded by a lion whose rage can be likened to that of numerous. He considered Kennedy's retirement of Rob Van Dam and of the ECW Championship a slap to the face of the memory of ECW. It'd take long and hard for Kennedy to realize whom he was up against, for once he was invited into a Highlight Reel with Jericho a week later, he was again thwarted by an angered Jericho. Kennedy's been one upped by Jericho for far too long in this feud, and he hopes to make up for it at the Royal Rumble.

Jericho looks for honor, honor for Van Dam and himself. Kennedy? He merely seeks a chance, an opportunity to become a World Champion. For starters, he's going to have to go through Chris Jericho to do so, and the lion doesn't look like he'll go down without a fight. Can Chris Jericho, as his return foreshadowed, save us from Kennedy, or will he fail to so do in this battle of wit, cunning, and chance?

RR05.jpg

Carlito Vs HBK
The Loser goes on to the Royal Rumble; The Winner goes on to the WWE Championship Match

"A Measure of Redemption..."

For one of these men, heading into the WWE Championship match means more than just becoming a WWE Champion; it means settling a rather personal and emotional score with two very different men with similiar ambitions. For the other man, going into the WWE Championship match means fulfilling a lifelong dream of perhaps becoming WWE Champion.

For HBK, stepping into the ring with Triple H and Randy Orton means establishing fate's prominence in all occurences. These three men and their joined hands command a proper ending, and for HBK, no ending is better than walking out of Madison Square Garden the WWE Champion, and closing a chapter of his life for good. For Carlito, becoming Number One Contender and perhaps winning the coveted WWE Championship means fulfilling a lifelong dream; for years, he has stood by and watch numerous WWE Championship opportunities pass him by, but no more. He's had enough, and perhaps this is his time to shine, his time to stand alongside the big boys for once in his career.

This match was made as Carlito interrupted a heartfelt promo made by HBK the week after he was screwed of the WWE Championship by his dear friend, Triple H. HBK demanded an answer from Triple H, but all he received were the words from a frustrated, deprived young man, longing for a purpose on the "A" Brand. Carlito told him, he too wanted a chance at the WWE Championship, and deservingly so. His words influenced HBK's decision to give him a chance, but like so many before him, he fell to the Backstabber, a name so fitting. To HBK's dismay, Bret Hart booked a match between him and Carlito at the Royal Rumble; a match to decide who will take their place among the King of Kings and the Legend Killer.

Come Sunday, there'll be a NEW Number One Contender, one to stand alongside Triple H and the WWE Champion, Randy Orton. The General Manager of RAW, Bret Hart, has gone on record to announce that, in order to name an indefinite Number One Contender, there'll be no disqualifications, no count outs, and no rules, and one man, in the end of it all, will be named as such. Of course, one can speculate as to his true motives for paraousing this route, but one can be sure of one thing; a Number One Contender will named, by any means necessary... Will it be the very man who seeks redemption, or will it be the man who seeks to fulfill his dream?

RR06.jpg

Victoria Vs Candice Michelle ©

"A Lust for Gold..."

This feud's origin traces all the way back to Summerslam, where Victoria and Melina challenged Candice for the Women's Championship in a Triple Threat match. Although unsuccessful, Victoria dominated the entire match, only to succumb to an unfortunate injury which shelved her for the latter part of the year. In late December, Victoria returned and unleashed her inner frustrations on the Women's Champion, Candice Michelle, on the last RAW of the calendar year. This'd initiate a rather interesting feud, for before, Victoria and Candice were friends. Though the pair were quite successful in their earlier goings, unfortunate circumstance spoke of a premature break up. This'd ignite a brief feud for the two, but it's go no further than a match or two, culminating in Candice and Victoria going for 1 to 1.

This'll be the defining one in their feud, one to end their score once and for all. For these beautiful women, there'll be but one Women's Champion. The femme fatale Victoria is one dangerous bitch, while the candilicious Candice Michelle is a fighting Champion. Can Candice defeat her former friend and solidify herself as a credible Women's Champion, or will Victoria ultimately crush her hopes and satiate her lust for gold?

-----------------------------

Miscellaneous Predictions

Question One:
Which superstar will exceed expectations in the Rumble, but fail to become victorious?

Question Two:
Other than the Rumble, what will the Match of the Night?

Question Three:
Will there be any surprises in the Rumble? If so, name them.

Question Four:
What forthcoming feuds do you see originating from the Rumble?

Question Five:
How long will the Rumble be, in your estimation?

Last Question:
In your opinion, what the hell does the poster mean?​

Well, there it is; the Official Preview for the Royal Rumble. Not as immense as first imagined, but it's fine just the same. I just wanted to post it already because the anxiety was killing me, TBH. I haven't been this excited over a piece of writing ever since the time I returned to GCW in the beginning of 2007. The Royal Rumble is being written, but do not expect it before the end of July. I will give it all I've got, for this will be my first "proper" PPV since being here, and my second overall. I hope you will all join me in this milestone, this landmark for me, as it's been one hell of a two year ride. This PPV will be more important to me than any Wrestlemania can be, TBH, but it's all a manner of perspective. Now, you may make your predictions! :)

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles

Carlito Vs HBK

Triple H Vs HBK Vs Randy Orton ©

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JB, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, and ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and Batista

Miscellaneous Predictions

Question One:
Which superstar will exceed expectations in the Rumble, but fail to become victorious?

MVP

Question Two:

HHH vs HBK vs Orton

Question Three:

Batista returning

Question Four:

Undertaker and Mysetrio

Question Five:

1 hour and 23 minutes.

Last Question:
In your opinion, what the hell does the poster mean?

It's Batista's tatoo.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Predictions.
Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JBL, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, and ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and ???

Carlito Vs HBK

Answers to the questions
Question One:
Punk will come close to winning, but he will come up short.

Question Two:
Kennedy vs. Jericho

Question Three:
See the answer to question six.

Question Four:
A CM Punk/Edge feud would be cool.

Question Five:
1:06:38

Last Question:
In your opinion, what the hell does the poster mean?
It could mean the debut of "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson.