Ways to Make Sheamus Summer's Biggest Heel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Really think he will join Evolution replacing Batista. But now that he's facing Cesaro for the title, I can't see Cesaro losing. But that means he won't be a dominant champ and take the title to Evolution. And again, I can't see Cesaro losing. Maybe Cesaro gets DQ'd instead of losing clean. Idk. The whole situation is strange.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Really think he will join Evolution replacing Batista. But now that he's facing Cesaro for the title, I can't see Cesaro losing. But that means he won't be a dominant champ and take the title to Evolution. And again, I can't see Cesaro losing. Maybe Cesaro gets DQ'd instead of losing clean. Idk. The whole situation is strange.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I can see like Cesaro snagging the win at Payback and then Sheamus resorts to some major heel tactics; dropping a brogue kick to his face after the match. Setting up a rematch on RAW where Sheamus gets it back via outside distractions from Evolution. Something like that would seem sudden but at this point getting him into Evolution is the bigger goal to accomplish.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
I can see like Cesaro snagging the win at Payback and then Sheamus resorts to some major heel tactics; dropping a brogue kick to his face after the match. Setting up a rematch on RAW where Sheamus gets it back via outside distractions from Evolution. Something like that would seem sudden but at this point getting him into Evolution is the bigger goal to accomplish.
I would see that if Cesaro were a face. And obviously, Cesaro is full blown heel atm. Wouldn't make much sense if that happened, wouldn't it?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm fine with Sheamus' current position on the card. He brings prestige to the belt, doesn't get that much exposure and is wrestling fun matches in the midcard normally, I'd keep it like that for a long while.

Wasn't it RVD who killed Sheamus in that match?

Believe RVD injured someone else, of course. Fuck RVD. But from what I'm reading Bryan threw Sheamus over the top rope onto a set-up ladder and he had a bad landing. Freak accident but you can play it up for storyline purposes.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I would see that if Cesaro were a face. And obviously, Cesaro is full blown heel atm. Wouldn't make much sense if that happened, wouldn't it?
Could always start the babyface turn they were talking about with Cesaro, essentially making the Brock Lesnar v Cesaro matchup that's been rumored to make a bit more sense, idk.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Could always start the babyface turn they were talking about with Cesaro, essentially making the Brock Lesnar v Cesaro matchup that's been rumored to make a bit more sense, idk.
I wouldn't see a Cesaro face turn until MITB. It's way too soon to turn him face.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wouldn't see a Cesaro face turn until MITB. It's way too soon to turn him face.
Right but with MITB only being 27 days after the RAW show I was talking about all of this happening on that's a little bit closer and could start the process no?

Although I guess Cesaro isn't really one of those superstars that need a process to have a faceturn or heelturn, hmm.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Right but with MITB only being 27 days after the RAW show I was talking about all of this happening on that's a little bit closer and could start the process no?
Considering MITB is one month away from Summerslam, it would be the perfect time to start a fued between Lesnar and Cesaro. And when I say MITB being the time to turn him face, I mean turn him face during the PPV. Just like they did with Cody Rhodes.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Believe RVD injured someone else, of course. Fuck RVD. But from what I'm reading Bryan threw Sheamus over the top rope onto a set-up ladder and he had a bad landing. Freak accident but you can play it up for storyline purposes.
Oh, alright. It's just that there was one spot where Bob pushed the ladder while Sheamus was on top of it and man... he killed him. :dawg:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Considering MITB is one month away from Summerslam, it would be the perfect time to start a fued between Lesnar and Cesaro. And when I say MITB being the time to turn him face, I mean turn him face during the PPV. Just like they did with Cody Rhodes.
Yeah I guess that would translate a bit better for the feud between Lesnar and Cesaro; I think there's like damn near 6 weeks in between MITB (falls at the end of June this year rather than beginning of July) and then SS (Aug 17th I believe) that's plenty of time to build up some decent feuds between MITB and SS, and I hope they use that time to their advantage and do it right :).

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh dear, Sheamus aligning with Triple H and Orton as a replacement for Batista sounds boring as hell. The whole Evolution concept needs not to overstay it's welcome. They've reunited to put The Shield over as the dominant faction in a stable war (complete with Ric Flair, former member of Evolution as well as the legendary Four Horsemen, showing up and endorsing The Shield as the new bad-asses in town) and that should be it. I don't get why people think Evolution is back for the long haul. Even if they were, there's better choices than Sheamus as far as new recruits go. They've pushed the hell out of Sheamus and given him numerous accomplishments already as it is and he still hasn't gotten over as a top face like they want him to be, hence the midcard title that he currently possesses.

The idea of a stable full of European superstars sounds cool (if a tad bit generic), but now isn't the time for it. Bad News Barrett is better on his own, and Cesaro is tied up with Paul Heyman and the only way it would make sense for Paul to let his clients become part of a stable is if it was one that he was in control of, and Heyman spearheading a European-only faction obviously wouldn't make a lick of sense.

I personally like the position that Sheamus is in now - he's a great worker who's is currently holding a "workhorse" title, he isn't over-pushed and shoved down our throats, and his mic work is kept limited. In other words, they're really utilizing his strengths with this current push and so I don't mind them keeping him as a babyface for the time being.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Lockard23, post: 847504, member: 6008"They've reunited to put The Shield over as the dominant faction in a stable war (complete with Ric Flair, former member of Evolution as well as the legendary Four Horsemen, showing up and endorsing The Shield as the new bad-asses in town) and that should be it. I don't get why people think Evolution is back for the long haul.
[/QUOTE]

Until they get buried to the shits.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh dear, Sheamus aligning with Triple H and Orton as a replacement for Batista sounds boring as hell. The whole Evolution concept needs not to overstay it's welcome. They've reunited to put The Shield over as the dominant faction in a stable war (complete with Ric Flair, former member of Evolution as well as the legendary Four Horsemen, showing up and endorsing The Shield as the new bad-asses in town) and that should be it. I don't get why people think Evolution is back for the long haul. Even if they were, there's better choices than Sheamus as far as new recruits go. They've pushed the hell out of Sheamus and given him numerous accomplishments already as it is and he still hasn't gotten over as a top face like they want him to be, hence the midcard title that he currently possesses.

I personally like the position that Sheamus is in now - he's a great worker who's is currently holding a "workhorse" title, he isn't over-pushed and shoved down our throats, and his mic work is kept limited. In other words, they're really utilizing his strengths with this current push and so I don't mind them keeping him as a babyface for the time being.

I agree there are better choices (personally I would rather have Cody Rhodes), however like you said they wanted him to be a top face but that's not working out, honestly I think Sheamus could work as a heel, the turn has been rumored since he came back from injury earlier in the year.. also I doubt if he did join Evolution he would get any more mic time than he already has. I don't see Evolution sticking around for too long but I can see it going on for a few more PPVs probably until the end of the Summer.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Sheamus being where he's at currently, but he can't stay there forever. That title should be carried by some of the fresher faces.

I can see where you're coming from though.

He should totally bring back the High Cross. That move is one of my favorites.
I had heard a few whispers about how he had to stop using the move because of the potential for an accident, I believe that's why we rarely see any piledrivers or powerbombs these days. The only time you see one is usually on a smaller wrestler by a trusted bigger wrestler who has a lesser history of botches.