Was anyone else impressed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He will be though (Sin Cara that is). Del Rio retiring in five years? Wow, and they're pushing this guy to the moon -.-.
I think Cara is taking the Rey Rey position as occasional main eventer more up mid carder.

I think Vince was very keen on ADR for a long time but he refused to sign. Eventually Vince bent over backwards and let him keep the rights to his mask and name. Thats probably why they're so invested in him.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
I think Cara is taking the Rey Rey position as occasional main eventer more up mid carder.

I think Vince was very keen on him for a long time but he refused to sign. Eventually Vince bent over backwards and let him keep the rights to his mask and name. Thats probably why they're so invested in him.

I think the mask was originally planned because the mask sales would be high.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
I think the mask was originally planned because the mask sales would be high.

Del Rio hasn't worn his mask on WWE television though? Well besides a match or two in FCW. I meant Vince let ADR keep the rights to his mask sorry should have made it more clear.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Del Rio hasn't worn his mask on WWE television though? Well besides a match or two in FCW. I meant Vince let ADR keep the rights to his mask sorry should have made it more clear.

Whoops, I thought you were talking about Sin Cara. But yeah, it was originally planned but than they discussed bringing in Mistico which led to the removal of the mask.

Phenom1

Jobber
Reaction score
I have been really impressed with Cody since his undashing gimmick. I hope when the day comes for him to hold the world title it's not via money in the bank. He deserves for someone to put him over at Wrestlemania for the world title maybe Randy Orton. When he wins maybe have Dusty and Dustin come out for a family hug to close Wrestlemania.

The whole mask/character issue is more complex then what it seems. See ADR aka Dos Caras Jr. son of Dos Caras. Technically even if he wanted he can't give up the rights to his name. His dad would have to approve it, because the Dos Caras character is his.

Some Mexican wrestlers give permission for the son to carry on the legacy of the name, but they do get some royalties over it. In some cases he may not be a son he could be a nephew like Rey Mysterio.

Rey Mysterio Sr is the uncle of Rey Mysterio, but Rey Mysterio Sr's kids do wrestle one as The Son of Rey Mysterio and the other one I believe goes by Rey Mysterio III. Since Rey made the name popular in WWE it's now really his call for him to approve it or not. I believe he recently went to Tijuana to endorse Rey Mysterio III and give him his blessing to use the name. It's complicated, so if you need me to be more specific I will.

Sin Cara aka Mistico they paid him a lot of money, and didn't really give him time to learn the American style of wrestling.

Rey Mysterio had the advantage of having already wrestled in WCW before jumping to the WWE.

ADR had time to learn as they let him go into development in FCW for awhile.

Again this is another case of WWE needing to let talent develop properly.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As for the Cody situation, he'll never close Wrestlemania, unless he becomes huge in a few years. But he does deserve a clean win and not MITB, I agree with you there.

As for the mask situation, good post, I didn't know most of that and it was an interesting read. Especially about Rey, never knew his kids were wrestling let alone using his name.

Phenom1

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
As for the Cody situation, he'll never close Wrestlemania, unless he becomes huge in a few years. But he does deserve a clean win and not MITB, I agree with you there.

As for the mask situation, good post, I didn't know most of that and it was an interesting read. Especially about Rey, never knew his kids were wrestling let alone using his name.
Well his Uncle's kids since the Uncle is the original Rey Mysterio.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Judging by this weeks spoilers I'm going to enjoy SmackDown's opening segment.