Virus Help :(

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

^Ok, I understand the Itunds part, but not the part about the D drive....what?

the dark knight

^Ok, I understand the Itunds part, but not the part about the D drive....what?

you said that you have 2 partitions on your drive, C and D so, that means when you format, you only lose the data on C or D whichever has windows installed on it, that means, if you formatted C, the files on D remains untouched and, the virus could still be there after you format, thats why the virus keeps popping up again..

btw, i got aim so, now we can talk lol.

btman

Reaction score
Well, I think my method is the only one he HASN'T tried yet.

Atleast it'll get the job done.

I'll be watching this thread so I can be here if you have problems getting to the "Scanning" part.

Make sure you completely get rid of McAfee and Norton, and use the norton removal tool I linked you. Norton has a problem with many security Applications and may cause conflictions so its good to remove it 100%.

Great One

At this point, it would be smart to backup anything important that you might want... because it seems you'll probably lose all of it.

PeepShow

Im just too afraid to do anything with it b/c Im afraid Ill fuck up and mess it up even more. Like I said, Im horrible w/ understanding PC stuff and doing it. Just ask TDK. He can tell you about the experience w/ Photoshop.....lol

btman

Reaction score
Is my guide too difficult? Or why haven't you tried it?

PeepShow

I havent tried it. If my mom notices anything different about our PC, she will freak out, escpecially if it gets worse. Do you work with Computers? If you do, I might take your word....

PeepShow

ok, if I uninstall McAfee and Norton, first of all, how would I do that? LOL

And second, where is the scan on that link? I dont see it

the dark knight

control panel, add/remove programs, click remove on the software's tab.

damn u poopshow lol

PeepShow

Fuck you TDK :poster_stupid:.....lol

Ive told everybody like 10 million times, Im horrible with PC's....lol

the dark knight

Fuck you TDK :poster_stupid:.....lol

Ive told everybody like 10 million times, Im horrible with PC's....lol

you remind me with gf :/ lol

anyway, just follow the steps of the un-install. it wont harm anything, just install kaspersky after you do that.

PeepShow

The virus wont get stronger if I uninstall the Norton and McAfee?

btman

Reaction score
No the virus won't get stronger, depending on the virus then it could only infect more of your computer, but since none of your 2 AV's are removing it then it would be doing that anyway.

When installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7, I could show you screenshots of what I want you to do if you want me to.

And make sure you use the Norton removal tool I gave you a link to.

PeepShow

how bout you just give me screen shot of everything to do, step by step....lol

Ill try this tommorow or Friday, Im not going to have time today.

But ya, just give me as many step or screenshot or whatever, b/c as you can see, I pretty much know nothing, and I truly meen nothing about computers.....lol