Virus Help :(

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

desktop.jpg

Ok, IDK if any of you can helpo me, but I need it, and I need it badly. My PC is slow as hell and it freezes all the time. Plus the message about the Virus Alert wont go off the screen. I dont know what to do. I run all of these scans, and IDK, it just doesnt seem to help.

Im going to bed. Ill answer any questions in the morning. I will rep for help :D

Wrestling Station

Just do Recovery to your PC. Or just try and go backup way. Go to the day prior to the virus alert thingy. for example, if the virus cought your computer on 2nd July, go to backup recovery on 1st July, so you will lose any data that has been installed in your computer after the 1st of July.

Another option, you can format your computer, but take whatever you need on CD's and flash disks before formating.

btman

Reaction score
What security programs are currently installed on your computer? I see McAfee and it seems your doing a Norton online scan. Any other things?

the dark knight

Just do Recovery to your PC. Or just try and go backup way. Go to the day prior to the virus alert thingy. for example, if the virus cought your computer on 2nd July, go to backup recovery on 1st July, so you will lose any data that has been installed in your computer after the 1st of July.

Another option, you can format your computer, but take whatever you need on CD's and flash disks before formating.

or, get a better anti virus and scan, norton bothers the fuck outta me.

let me ask you something 1st, how many partitions you got? the hard drive, you got C and D or just C? do not count the CD/DVD drive. if you do have 2 parts to your drive, all you need to do is copy your installation files for your programs and games and format. you will lose only the stuff on D...if you have only 1 partition, do what WS said or use a better anti virus...

btman

Reaction score
Since your not responding and you want a quick fix...

Step 1:Ok... Remove ALL Security products on your computer (Except your firewall and also Except for Ad-Aware and SpyBot). All your Anti-Viruses.

If you have Norton use the removal tool found here and follow the steps:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Step 2: Download from http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ CCleaner.

Run the cleaner and "Issue" registry cleaner.

It's going to delete alot of junk files that you don't need and probably alot of malware with it.

Step 3: Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7 from:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_kaspersky_antivir/

It says its a Beta, but I am using it and its 100% stable (ONLY IF YOU'VE UNINSTALLED ALL YOUR OTHER ANTI-VIRUSES AND USED THE NORTON REMOVAL TOOL IF YOU'VE HAD NORTON)

After you've installed it. Restart your computer.

Update Kaspersky

If it asks you to restart again then do so, otherwise..

Step 4: With Kaspersky 7, go to "Scan" then go to "My Computer". Make sure they're all checkmarked. Then in bottom left corner hit "Settings" . Make sure your under "My Computer", scroll the slider up to HIGH then hit "Customize" go to "Heuristic Analyzer" and put it to "Detail" and also hit the checkmark for "Enable Extended Rootkit Scan" Then hit "Ok"

Step 5: Go to www.ewido.net and download AVG Anti-Spyware.

Step 6. Go to www.superantispyware.com and download SUPER Anti-Spyware.

Restart computer.

Update them both

Step 7: Run My Computer Scans with all 3. Quarantine or delete whats found.

the dark knight

Since your not responding and you want a quick fix...

Step 1:Ok... Remove ALL Security products on your computer (Except your firewall and also Except for Ad-Aware and SpyBot). All your Anti-Viruses.

If you have Norton use the removal tool found here and follow the steps:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Step 2: Download from http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ CCleaner.

Run the cleaner and "Issue" registry cleaner.

It's going to delete alot of junk files that you don't need and probably alot of malware with it.

Step 3: Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7 from:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_kaspersky_antivir/

It says its a Beta, but I am using it and its 100% stable (ONLY IF YOU'VE UNINSTALLED ALL YOUR OTHER ANTI-VIRUSES AND USED THE NORTON REMOVAL TOOL IF YOU'VE HAD NORTON)

After you've installed it. Restart your computer.

Update Kaspersky

If it asks you to restart again then do so, otherwise..

Step 4: With Kaspersky 7, go to "Scan" then go to "My Computer". Make sure they're all checkmarked. Then in bottom left corner hit "Settings" . Make sure your under "My Computer", scroll the slider up to HIGH then hit "Customize" go to "Heuristic Analyzer" and put it to "Detail" and also hit the checkmark for "Enable Extended Rootkit Scan" Then hit "Ok"

Step 5: Go to www.ewido.net and download AVG Anti-Spyware.

Step 6. Go to www.superantispyware.com and download SUPER Anti-Spyware.

Restart computer.

Update them both

Step 7: Run My Computer Scans with all 3. Quarantine or delete whats found.

cool but, i did this b4, it took me a day! if he got his sources on DVD/CD or an EXT HD then reformat is faster..

btman

Reaction score
It only takes a little while because 3 scans takes time...

But those 3 scans should catch it all.

the dark knight

It only takes a little while because 3 scans takes time...

But those 3 scans should catch it all.

hmm...what if your 120 GB hard drive was full? how much time will the 3 scans take? something like....7 hours? maybe more? it's up to him anyway to choose the method...

PeepShow

What security programs are currently installed on your computer? I see McAfee and it seems your doing a Norton online scan. Any other things?

Those are the only 2 that I know of.

Ive tried that before. I did that about 3 weeks ago, and it came right back. Besides, If I did that now, I would lose my Itunes stuff. And I just bought like 100$ worth of stuff off there.

or, get a better anti virus and scan, norton bothers the fuck outta me.

let me ask you something 1st, how many partitions you got? the hard drive, you got C and D or just C? do not count the CD/DVD drive. if you do have 2 parts to your drive, all you need to do is copy your installation files for your programs and games and format. you will lose only the stuff on D...if you have only 1 partition, do what WS said or use a better anti virus...

I think I have a C and D drive......IDK, I just wish I had a computer guy here. :(

Great One

If you did system recovery (reinstalling your OS) and it didn't remove the virus, that means your harddrive is permenately corruptely.

In other words, you probably need a new harddrive. I'd just take it to the shop.

Also, most (all) virus scans are really not that reliable. A big majority of the viruses can't be detected, so relying on any anti virus is bad. Same goes for the system restore feature, which really doesn't do shit, although in theory it makes people think it's like some time machine which can cure any virus. It can't.

PeepShow

Damn it!!! My mom wont let me take it into a shop b/c she says it will costs hundreds of dollars......

SHIT!!!

Great One

Lol? For a check-up is $100 AT MOST. Depends on what store you go to. They might not even have you pay and just give you advice on what to do.

As I said before your harddrive will most likely need to be replaced and you can get a decent enough harddrive for $50 at the least.

the dark knight

Lol? For a check-up is $100 AT MOST. Depends on what store you go to. They might not even have you pay and just give you advice on what to do.

As I said before your harddrive will most likely need to be replaced and you can get a decent enough harddrive for $50 at the least.

exactly, but i still suggest format 1st. if the hard drive is really corrupted then he should get a new one, no need for any shop.

btw, why isnt this in the technology section?

PeepShow

I have reformatted it twice. And it works fine for about 5 days, and then I get that Virus alert message again. I dont want to reformat it again, b/c if I do, all lose all my Itunes

the dark knight

I have reformatted it twice. And it works fine for about 5 days, and then I get that Virus alert message again. I dont want to reformat it again, b/c if I do, all lose all my Itunes

that means that either 1 of the files you copy from your DVDs/CDs has the virus and you keep copying it after you format or, 1 of the websites you use keeps giving you this virus or ad im not sure. and wait, since you have 2 partitions, maybe the virus is saved on the D drive so, after you re-format, you open that file and get the virus again!

about itunes, just burn them to a cd/dvd or something as single files, not in a folder/rar file cuz, they might get infected.