Vince McMahon Ripped Over Mocking Jim Ross’ Bell’s Palsy On Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Where did you hear that at? Cause I've never seen Jerry say or even allude to liking working with Cole more over JR.

Recently, Jerry Lawler was interviewed by The Score's Arda Ocal and discussed a number of topics. One of the topics shifted towards his relationships with Jim Ross and his new commentary partner Michael Cole. When comparing the two, Lawler was quick to point out the best and worst aspects of the partnerships.
"There was just a certain chemistry [Ross and I had] that just worked," Lawler said. "There's no real way to explain why or how and why certain pairings don't work. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy working with Michael Cole, he's easy to work with. He and I have two different styles.

"When I say easy to work with -- he and I don't have much interaction during the day on Mondays, the day of Raw. I think Michael gets there early, goes into a production meeting. I get there late and I don't usually see Michael until we're going to actually be on the show. I like it that way. To me, that's called easy to work with," Lawler explained.

"We just go out and do the show. When you're doing a live TV show, nothing can go wrong. [Laughs.] Whatever happens, happens. So, we just basically go out there winging it."

In regards to working with Jim Ross, one can easily assume that he believes it was the better duo. However, he did mention that the preparation wasn't desirable.

"With J.R. -- and this is the great thing about J.R. -- there's nobody in this business that has ever been any better prepared than J.R. He's a student of this industry. He would know just the most obscure facts and trivia. I guarantee you that J.R. could tell you Willie Nelson's middle name. He would know all the stuff about wrestling and he's just well prepared," stated Lawler.

"But, he wanted me to be as well prepared as him. He liked to have meetings for us to compare notes and make notes on different things in different matches. And go to production meetings and meet with Vince McMahon or Stephanie McMahon before the show. I just though, 'Oh, gosh.'

"So, in that respect, I love J.R. But, right now, it's easy for me to be with Cole because I don't really have to work with him in that respect," Lawler opined.

[video=youtube;vbnSTv1hpUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbnSTv1hpUM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

About 5:12​

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
That just sounds to me like JR is as driven as ever, whereas Lawler has fallen into the habit of showing up late, winging it on air, then just kicking back. Seeing how he and Cole wing it each week, they do a decent job I have to admit, and maybe having to be super prepared every single week would be a bit of a pain in the ass considering how much they have to travel, but it shows you have the desire to improve on your craft or keep on top of it. If the wrestlers had the attitude Lawler has, they'd all rely on natural talent and not work hard.

If the WWE don't have any real problem with Cole and Lawler winging it, I don't either because it's not like they're terrible every week. I see a lot of people on this forum hate on Lawler for being shit, but I don't see how he's shit. He's not that great, but it's commentary.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Vince is pathetic the sooner he retires the better for the company in particular because I don't think WWE will be able to survive much longer with the problems with Vince.

Vita

Reaction score
The first time McMahon did an offside mockery of JR I stopped watching WWE for a month. The next time, it was two months, and on and on and on. Luckily I'm not watching the big E now to begin with, but I heard about this. I think I'll go two years without turning the wwe on again. Clearly shitty ratings will wake him up, right? (oh wait, they already have shitty ratings)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That just sounds to me like JR is as driven as ever, whereas Lawler has fallen into the habit of showing up late, winging it on air, then just kicking back. Seeing how he and Cole wing it each week, they do a decent job I have to admit, and maybe having to be super prepared every single week would be a bit of a pain in the ass considering how much they have to travel, but it shows you have the desire to improve on your craft or keep on top of it. If the wrestlers had the attitude Lawler has, they'd all rely on natural talent and not work hard.

If the WWE don't have any real problem with Cole and Lawler winging it, I don't either because it's not like they're terrible every week. I see a lot of people on this forum hate on Lawler for being shit, but I don't see how he's shit. He's not that great, but it's commentary.

I hate Lawler's commentary so much at the moment, he's obviously not trying and just doesn't care. He almost makes great matches unwatchable with his nonsensical comments. But like you said, if they really are just winging it, then it's not horrible. At least he's not actually trying and being this bad.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pretty bad that Lawler is admitting that he does nothing to prepare for RAW and that all he will do is show up for RAW and that is it. At least Michael Cole gets there early to prepare. Maybe WWE need to take that as a hint and bring in someone else that puts a bit more effort in.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Lawler himself probably sees doing Raw just about every week for good while as putting his work in. Seriously, he's always ready to go even if he can get a bit cheesy and repetitive.

AF.

Reaction score
Lawlers been announcing for fucking 15 years, what does he need to prepare?

I bet back in the 90's he wasn't preparing, so why would he do it now?

Boss.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He may have ben there for 15 years but there are only a couple of guys on the roster that have also been there for that long. There are so many new wrestlers that he should be studying, reviewing and making notes on so that he knows all their moves, their background and storylines. Instead of saying the names of basic moves and then inserting his standard catchphrases it would be good if he helped put over the talent by telling us more about them.