Vince McMahon Ripped Over Mocking Jim Ross’ Bell’s Palsy On Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
wrestling-edge.com said:
Some people felt Vince McMahon went over the line with his blistering impersonation of Jim Ross in a backstage segment on Monday’s Raw SuperShow, which saw the WWE Chairman make a horribly distorted face ridiculing the Hall of Fame broadcaster’s affliction with Bell’s palsy. Ross suffers from the condition, which sometimes results in temporary paralysis of his facial muscles.

McMahon’s mockery segment struck a nerve with former WCW announcer Mark Madden, who went on Twitter to blast the WWE chief.

“McMahon mocking Ross’ Bell’s Palsy was unforgivable. What a scumbag, pure and simple. Just a twisted, emotionally crippled jerkoff,†he wrote.

Madden continues, “McMahon wasn’t mocking a stranger. Ross is one of WWE’s most valued employees ever. Ross’ big sin: He knows more about wrestling than Vince.â€

Madden was asked whether Ross was notified of the impersonation beforehand. He replied, “Was not “in on the bit.†I can assure you of that.â€

Former WWE creative writer Seth Mates pointed out the hypocrisy in McMahon mocking Ross’ medical condition while simultaneously promoting the ‘be a STAR’ anti-bullying campaign.

“WWE touts anti-bullying, yet babyface Vince mocks @JRsBBQ’s medical condition?†he wrote on Twitter. “It’s one thing for heels to be bullies and then get what they have coming. It’s another for faces to make bullying look cool and fun.â€

A follower responded, “the BAS/WWE hypocrisy complaints are old and stale.†Mates wrote, “How does hypocrisy get old & stale? Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.â€

Another on-air remark mocking Ross’ medical condition took place months earlier on the December 9, 2011 episode of SmackDown. After commentator Josh Mathews made a remark about Michael Cole “speaking out of both sides†of his mouth, Cole quipped, “Actually, there is nothing wrong with my mouth, unlike J.R.’s.†Ross was not pleased with the comment. He wrote on Twitter, “We can blame a ‘writer.’ That’s cowardly. Poor attempt to be a villain.â€
Was pretty fucked up and unnecessary on Vince's part to do that BAS or not. Have never found myself even chuckling at any of Vince's jabs at JR.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It was horrible and disgusting, and should not have happened, but who in the hell is Mark Madden to say anything here? Sure he can rip Vince now for mocking JR, but you can bet everything you own when Oklahoma was running around WCW making a mockery of JR, Madden was telling Russo how great of an idea that was when he pulled his lips out from the inside of Russo's anus.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I thought he was just pretending to be a southern hick with chewed tobacco in his mouth which kind of relates to Jim Ross when Mr. McMahon was doing the impersonation. I didn't think he was insulting Jim Ross' Bells Palsy but then again McMahon has done colon cancer jokes at his expense on TV before.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nah, it was definitely aimed at the Bell's Palsy. Even Hornswoggle did it, but not to that extent when he was pretending to be JR on Smackdown.

Aniking

Reaction score
Have never found myself even chuckling at any of Vince's jabs at JR.

Me either. They're so distasteful.

It doesn't really matter to me whether he was teasing JR's Bells Palsy or not, it was yet another joke at JR's expense that wasn't funny or warranted. I don't understand what the guy has done to deserve the shit he cops, but it's lame. Pretty sad that he can offer so much to the company and is hardly being utilised.

"It’s one thing for heels to be bullies and then get what they have coming. It’s another for faces to make bullying look cool and fun." - I don't think Seth Mates could've put it any better.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I find it stupid that the WWE have this Be a Star shit when it's blatantly obvious that bullying, and that's what I see it as, is going on in the company. What's even more pathetic is that it's not being done by kids, instead adults and it's damn childish, Ross hasn't done anything wrong to Vince (as far as I'm aware), so why he deserves this is beyond me. IIRC there was also a below the belt gag at one legged performers?

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
It was the only part of last week's RAW that just put a sour taste in my mouth and made me really angry. I mean, why, after years of dedicated service and being the greatest commentator of all time does Vince find it necessary to mock him constantly? Vince is a bully and doesn't deserve to be on television anymore. Honestly, he just needs to step away from the WWE and let Triple H and Stephanie run it because Vince does these stupid things that make no sense and all it does is create controversy. Why is it necessary to bring up JR on TV when he hasn't been seen since WM?

"Vince, you're the biggest bully I've ever known." - CM Punk

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I find it stupid that the WWE have this Be a Star shit when it's blatantly obvious that bullying, and that's what I see it as, is going on in the company. What's even more pathetic is that it's not being done by kids, instead adults and it's damn childish, Ross hasn't done anything wrong to Vince (as far as I'm aware), so why he deserves this is beyond me. IIRC there was also a below the belt gag at one legged performers?

It wasn't a gag at one legged performers at all, he was making fun of Ace for hiring the wrong one legged wrestler.

Several years ago, Vince McMahon instructed John Laurinaitis to sign 19 year old Zach Gowen to a WWE deal. Instead of doing this, Laurinaitis mistakenly offered a contract to a different one-legged wrestler, who at the time was 37 years old. Tom Prichard, who was working for WWE at the time, had already sent a plane ticket and contract to Zach Gowen, and when he arrived to WWE Headquarters, John Laurinaitis had no idea who he was. McMahon then scolded Laurinaitis for the mix-up, and for offering a wrestler in his late 30's a WWE contract.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If you're talking about the Raw reference apparently Vince told Johnny to sign Zach Gowen but Johnny originally tried to sign a different one legged wrestler instead.

Edit: Got beat to it apparently but yeah

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Vince is just a scummy cunt, pure and simple.

If karma exists then he'll get struck down with some serious illness before too long, it's probably the least he deserves.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't understand why Vince continues to attack JR. The guy has been a loyal servant for many, many years and never says a bad word about the company yet Vince treats him like he defected to the darkside. None of the fans enjoy watching Vince make fun of JR and it adds nothing to the product especially when JR isn't even on television anymore. Surely someone backstage can talk some sense into him and tell Vince that this just isn't on.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Vince has a warped sense of humour, thats it.

It's still his company and will do whatever he wants, no one has to agree with it or like it, but face the facts. He will still do what he thinks is entertaining.

Also, BAS and WWE's hypocrisy isn't anything new, Disney/Nick and every other anti-bullying programs are chock full of the same hypocratic bullshit.

And bullies are not people who make fun of you.

You know who is a bully? Bashar Al-Assad.

Western cultures have raised a bunch of fucking pussies who take things too fucking serious and blow up at the slightest of things that make them uncomfortable.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The "Be a Star" stuff being brought up is ridiculous considering a bully could just as easily imitate a heel to pick on another kid at school just as easily as he could if a babyface gave him similar ideas. The way I see it, if a kid's fucking stupid enough to think it's okay to do something just because a babyface wrestler does it, then that dumbshit shouldn't be watching wrestling. So I guess it's okay to hit people with a chain wrapped around your fist because John Cena does it. The "Be a Star" mocking is funny just as long as nobody seriously thinks they're making a valid point by bringing it up.

As for Vince's "parody" I just found it to be a stupid segment and didn't think it was funny at all. Oh... and 145,000 viewers agreed with me and changed the channel. Yeah it was a tasteless joke, but I seriously doubt it was intended to be. Vince probably just didn't think before he made that face, and had to make the face considering his voice sounded absolutely nothing like JR's and a lot of people probably wouldn't have had the vaguest idea who he was impersonatung otherwise.

I do think some people are being overly sensitive about it tbh... as if they were in the hospital with JR when he was diagnosed with the condition. Give me a break. He's a grown man, he can take it.

Now... if you REALLY wanted to make a valid point for the hypocrisy in that segment, you should address how WWE burned down Ed Ferrara in their dvds for doing the EXACT same thing in WCW with the Oklahoma character, yet Vince himself does it with a leprechaun and it's apparently okay. Gotta have the leprechaun, man.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Oklahoma was pretty funny, but Vince's impressions are dumb and just show how out of touch he is with any kind of humor.

JR is a blueberry, Vickie Guerrero is fat, King is a pedophile, ok we get it, we don't need a million lame skits to get the pointless joke over.