Vince: Fans Didnt Buy The Attractions of SummerSlam 13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Maybe if they actually booked anything OUTSIDE of the WWE title and Punk/Brock, they could actually sell the PPV?

Bryan's match was so random though. He went from half of hell no to getting a match because they were both dating the Bella's. Yes he was over, but on screen he had no individual credibility when he was being called Kane's weak link beforehand the whole title run. They acknowledged their relationships in Total divas on raw, and all of a sudden injured Cena just gave, keyword gave, him a title match. Bryan can work, but it's not like they had shown him to be viscous and technical like Benoit, Finlay, or Angle before just throwing him into the SSlam main event.

...Bryan kinda spent an entire month feuding with Orton proving he was not a weak link. Beat Orton in a vicious Extreme Rules match or something like that by making him tap to a Kendo-Stick Yes Lock... then he started dismantling The Shield when nobody else was able to beat down one of 'em one-on-one... Kane included.

Lemme do some fantasy/e-fed booking logic I would do if I wanted to build up say heel Big Show vs Face Daniel Bryan, I would hype up the fact Big Show is a dominate monster but through Daniel Bryan's side I would build up his technical offense and his ability to chop big guys down to size (have him beat bigger guys on the roster leading up to show) then in the match, I'd do it where Show dominates Bryan but Bryan is like a rabid dog and slowly wears down this massive Giant's legs till he's down on the ground for the YES! Lock or a leg submission move (which would also be built up).

WWE isn't booking like that at the moment but the issue most peopel have is the guys just don't look like they can handle themselves, partly because of genetics and partly because of bad booking.
You mean... do something like they did at Wrestlemania 3 where they boasted on end about how Andre had never been defeated or slammed (after having a match the year before where the stipulation was to slam him) and Hogan goes in and does BOTH of those things? You mean... do something the smart and correct way?

...yeah, WWE would never do that!

Last edited:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
That was nearly 30 years ago though, doesnt represent WWE's current booking.

...it's what they did with John to push him. Dave. Randy. Give them obstacles and actually let them hurdle the damn things... don't grab 'em by the ankles right before they take it. When you add extra to the obstacle or hold someone down, they're not going to make it. That's not how it is done.

It also wouldn't hurt WWE to give someone a FAIR chance. I mean, FFS, they abandoned and made a joke of the Kofi/Jamaica thing, what, 4 years ago now? So why in the Hell is he STILL using the Jamaican theme song!? You've got a guy who changes tights more than Rey, and he does it with FAN DRAWINGS. Kofi ALWAYS gets a reaction IN the ring after forcing a crowd who falls asleep at the gimmicky entrance music that has absolutely nothing to do with anything about his character except the joke of his weak accent... and they wonder why he can't get over? If I see someone as a joke... they're a joke.

When was the last time they tasked Cena a month in a row to walk out on Raw at 10 o'clock... the lowest point of the show every week without one fail outside of Stone Cold? Yet they throw Punk on at that slot every single week and they wonder why he can't sell? Because nobody ever sees him because it's an obvious down moment on Raw every week without fail! Cena went out at 10 this past week and Raw did it's worst 10-block since before Punk. Oh, and Big Show/Orton is a guaranteed sell over Bryan? That was the lowest FINAL segment on Raw since before the Daniel Bryan stuff. BTW, Bryan/Orton Raw viewership when this all first started was higher than Cena was managing with Ryback and Mark Henry. They beat a dead horse with Bryan/Orton and did a crappy 2-month run with no champion at all after shady shit from others buried Bryan's legitimacy. It's not his look, it's the stupid way he's booked.

...if it isn't Cena, they don't put effort into booking anything. They start off with diamonds and gems and turn it into coal in no time. There's no effort... fans don't buy in to no effort. I'm supposed to spend my money on PPV's with entire cards being thrown together last minute? I'd have been pumped for a real 3-4 week feud to build Big E vs. Dean Ambrose. Instead, we saw him help Punk once, team with him a second time the same week, and all of a sudden he's in there on an unannounced match.

I never know which Diva is challenging for the title until the night of. Natalya lost 4 straight TV matches on Raw and somehow that qualified her for a title shot? Why am I supposed to buy that? To see a proven loser get a chance against a proven winner?

Pay to support Del Rio? Why? Because he's the Mexican Sheamus and Vince can't get enough of minorities so he treats 'em like Gods and lets 'em crack on Gringos every night? The guy can't cut a promo to save his life and he deserves my money and undivided attention? Not to mention, they used him to punish a guy for getting a concussion at the fault of someone else. As a fan, it's my right to not spend money on something I don't support. And Trips/Steph had the nerve to accept a fucking award for how they deal with concussed talent?

Spend my money to watch one of your best talents get punished because his friend and tag partner from before WWE can't get in shape or jack himself up to look like Triple H when he came back roided up from his quad injury? Punishing him because his friend and tag partner from before WWE has every finisher he uses stolen right before he is supposed to be called up to the main roster so they have to "go another route" with his move set? Cesaro was doing just fine until all of those reports of Hero started hitting. You'd think people shit all over Triple H when Shawn was battling with addiction and back injuries the way he treats people for how their friends handle themselves.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Sometimes peoples fascination on who can kick who's ass is so fantasy that's it's hilarious. Because the big guy ALWAYS wins. I've seen a lot of fights, real fights on the street, at school, and around and it's very rare that "Mr. Muscle" wins. They are always the ones getting beat by the smaller guys. The only one I can understand is Lesnar, because he is a credible, trained fighter. Cena is just pounds of muscle. Its easy to imagine that someone the size of Bryan or Punk can beat him. And the way Bryan beat him even fits it. He knocked him the hell out with a knee. Doesn't matter how big or defined you are, you're going to get knocked the fuck out when someone drives their knee into your face. By this "Bigger is better" logic, Kane, Big Show, Great Khali, Big E Langston, Nathan Jones, and the like would be MEGA STARS. Because no one can kick their ass realistically, so that means they just win over everyone, right?

Bryan had a gimmick where he was constantly ripped for being a nerd and a skinny vegan.

Michael Cole practically bullied him for a year.

Why on earth would anyone take that guy seriously.