Vickie Guerrero Responds To Kevin Nash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:
Look, I'm not going into the "typical woman" crack as that one's too easy, but you have to imagine this:

One day, you meet a girl. You fall in love with her. Maybe she's a "big girl". You two are madly in love, you get married, you have a child together. Then, tragically, she dies. Maybe it's something she could have helped; maybe not. Doesn't matter. A while later, a coworker of your wife (now deceased, remember?) posts on Twitter a comment about "big girls" that you find disrespectful, rude, even asshole-ish.

Trust me when I say this: you're going to take it personally, even if he didn't have your wife in mind when he typed it.

Now, imagine that the disrespectful quote about "big girls" referenced your dead wife by name. Are you honestly trying to tell me you're not going to be at least a little angry? Are you honestly trying to tell me you wouldn't take it very personally and be tempted to respond back with some worse action (or a comment on Twitter, for that matter)?

Because, if that's what you're saying, you're a terrible liar.

wk

I can honestly say I wouldn't take that kind of insult personally. If my girlfriend was French and then died and I saw someone making fun of French girls, I should take that personally? I really don't see why. Maybe if they directly insulted the girl herself as a person, sure, I might, but then I have a very objective mindset and can easily dismiss such criticisms and have before. I have dead relatives and I've heard criticisms about them from other people, I didn't take it to heart. Maybe I would have if they had just died, but Eddie himself didn't exactly die yesterday.

As for Vickie's comments, my main gripe (if you can even call it a gripe) isn't even about her deciding to comment, except her dramatizing Nash's comments as intentionally personal or somehow meaning he had no life or was insecure, which is mainly what opted me to refer to her as a 'typical woman' who is over-dramatic at times, which is clear as day if you go back and read that original post. And speaking of the 'typical woman' comment, I made it in passing and didn't exactly put some sort of deep thought into it (it was only two words after all and not some long rant about women in general) and never thought anyone would make a deal out of it. Figured it was no different than some of you referring to women and girls as 'bitches' and 'hos' in the Locker Room, but I guess we'll ignore that little double standard.

No, the main 'gripe' is with some of you thinking that Nash himself is an asshole for speaking his opinion, or trying to convince yourselves that he was intentionally trying to stir things up by bringing up Benoit and Eddie. The truth is, he brought them up because they are prime examples of smaller guys making it and not because he had some sort of malice intent of trying to smear their legacies or whatever it is some of you think he was trying to do. He never even said they didn't work hard, just that putting the belt on guys like them wasn't the best decision overall for business (business being the non-emotional viewpoint we must all take here.)

Think about this - if Vince had a guy come up to him who was in the undercard but worked hard and always did what he was told to do and said he thought it warranted a world title run and Vince said No because he didn't think it was best for business (i.e money-wise), is Vince an asshole for it just because he was denying a guy a title run despite his hard work? No. Neither is Nash, in my view. He wasn't completely right, but he did make a valid point, and besides, it is just his opinion after all, as Punk (one of the guys Nash criticized) himself said.