• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

UWF - Discussion

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
I always thought that instead of having a large third tier brand we'd have a Velocity or Saturday Nights Main Event Show every week or something. Three matches and the TV title on the line in the Main Event. Fuck, I'd run that shit if I had the time, or if anything I could help book. But dont get me wrong, I love Anarchy and I think its a nice different show for UWF, but I always worry about the writers getting burnt out and such working on so many shows etc etc.

And also, some people give the same effort for having multiple characters but others just put one over the other and such which can make writers frustrated. I would love to not drop a brand or anything. But there are some issues right now with people being late or absent and thats not good. I hope the ppv goes up on time and I hope this fed gets a kickstart from it. Its all a big group effort and I really dont want to watch a good fed falter and such.

Just my thoughts.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
With all this talk of no more Anarchy kinda makes me sad.

I think if we had more writers, I mean look at the BTB there's guys like [MENTION=10921]natlav[/MENTION] and such who can actually write a pretty decent match. Just get a few writers and send it to one of the head guys like SBS or so and the person that runs the brand (Hoov or Sam). So inbox two people your match if you're writing it and if the show isn't up they've got your match regardless and can help input with shows?

I dunno, I just hate seeing a third brand go down only for it to come back in 6 months time. It's a cycle.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Unfortunately I think it's a given that if a brand is dropped, it's going to be Anarchy, and that makes me sad.

If it makes you feel better, Smackdown would have probably been the one dropped during your Anarchy reign. Also lets not shit on the writers unintentionally, CWalker was amazing but SBS always delivers and Hoov just started out. I'm sure Sam is just having time issues but there should be a second in command to help out. Hopefully regardless if anything goes down, UWF gets sorted out. We still got a week before the PPV so hopefully everyone busts their ass TTing this week.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I will never write a match again, but if you give me 3-4 solid writers I can deliver one of, if not THE... most entertaining shows you could ever ask for. But thats just me, I've always been a creative and storyline kind of show runner. That's me offering my services for a run at Anarchy.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I dunno, when talking about my character switch, I've mentioned SBS that I could also help out with writing, hell it's summer and there's like nothing important to do. If anybody needs me, I'm all yours. Because, it WILL be sad if one brand has to be dropped. It's sad to see UWF going this path too. I mean I've had server issues with WS, couldn't access it and shit, but it's all good again, I'm back, picked up a new dude and boom UWF has problems? Me, sir, I can help you with everything you need. And I'm sure I'm not the only one eager to help our fed.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Damn, when Jay offers you know that Anarchy shouldn't go at all.

Anything for UWF, I'm positive we'd find writers for the brand.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I don't think we have a problem with writers. Sure Anarchy's late but as you can see we have people who are willing to step up. It's the activity that's really the problem. If it stays the way it is, the writers aren't going to want to write anymore. I mean look at the PPV TTing. Only one match has gone into a second round. Half of the fed is doing great. We just need to get the other half to be more active. We all have lives outside this fed. Some more than others but its really just an hour out of the day. Even if you just have words, post it and make it pretty later so that way people don't have to wait on you. Feds should be about fun, not winning. It's not fun to win a month long feud with one post or by default. It can be fun to lose a month long feud that went 4-4.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'd advise against any knee-jerk reactions . I know this thread has blown up in the past couple of days, but I think some simple changes can suffice, as opposed to sweeping reforms. If people were TT'ing for the PPV that would be a start.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I wasn't looking to start some huge change or anything. Just a look to see what could be done to try to help things out or get things moving again.