• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

UWF - Discussion

Chase

[MENTION=2074]Cwalker[/MENTION] [MENTION=2523]Shawn[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]Chase[/MENTION] I'm going to try to get my TT in soon for the ladder match, but its probably gonna be Thursday when that happens. So feel free to skip ahead I'll get mine up soon.

Thanks for the heads up! Buddy. Don't forget about the ladder promo I sent you buddy.

Dash

Remind me not to look in Prediction threads again.

Talk about a confidence killer :suicide:

I have to agree with this. I'm not exactly the most confident guy in the world, and to look at the predictions threads from both this month and last month and see that everyone is against you isn't just a confidence killer, it's a motivation killer as well.

I realise there's a bunch of good things that comes from the predictions too, but I personally don't want to take part in them incase I upset or annoy someone like I did with my predictions for bound for glory.

iBunka

Those threads are a motivation booster for me. You see that someone doesn't think you're gonna win, so you prove them wrong and get noticed. Badda boom badda bing.

Aniking

Those threads are a motivation booster for me. You see that someone doesn't think you're gonna win, so you prove them wrong and get noticed. Badda boom badda bing.

It's a motivator for some (you) and a confidence killer for others (myself, Dexter). They always have been for me, no matter how experienced I am.

Nate

I personally don't mind the predictions thread, people are just taking it a tad bit seriously tbh. I understand that some people can get hurt from it when everyone says that their character should win but somebody else wins (been there), but honestly you just have to take a moment and realize that all your doing is playing a character on the internet.

This is not directed at anybody in anyway, but sometimes we have to understand that this is all in for fun. After all there isn't one person on this fed that's so terrible that he shouldn't post, and anyone that thinks otherwise should get his head out of his ass. Don't let these predictions bum you guys out because nobody is voting for you to win. We have probably the most fair staff that this fed has ever seen, and if you do lose then you'll get another opportunity to get back into the title picture.

Last edited:

Aniking

I personally don't mind the predictions thread, people are just taking it a tad bit seriously tbh. I understand that some people can get hurt from it when everyone says that their character should win but somebody else wins (been there), but honestly you just have to take a moment and realize that all your doing is playing a character on the internet.

This is not directed at anybody in anyway, but sometimes we have to understand that this is all in for fun. After all there isn't one person on this fed that's so terrible that he shouldn't post, and anyone that thinks otherwise should get his head out of his ass. Don't let these predictions bum you guys out because nobody is voting for you to win. We have probably the most fair staff that this fed has ever seen, and if you do lose then you'll get another opportunity to get back into the title picture.

Peace.

Not doubting any of that at all mate. A degree of this being "fun" for some is winning, which it always has been with me and always will be. That's not to say I HAVE to win every single match and if I don't I'll throw a hissy fit. I lost my first match back to Doink and I basically gave the guy a pat on the back and said "You beat me fair and square".

I'm not taking it seriously really. I'm just stating that it's confidence sapping when you're doing your best, you think you've got some great TTs down, yet everybody disagrees before your opponents even respond. It's just reassuring to have the backing of your peers, but it's a shit feeling when you don't is all.

Aniking

By the way, I really hope nobody takes this as bitching or complaining. Nobody's throwing their toys out of the pram so don't misconstrue it that way like SO many have in the past :fp:

Doink

I can see both sides of the argument.

I know what Natlavs saying, and I usually do participate in predictions but I do get what Aniking is saying, as I sometimes get very touchy and think that most of the time, the predictions mean that if a lot is voting on one guy, that they are gonna win. However at Bound For Glory, everyone voted my Show over Umaga and to lose was a little bit of a motivation killer as much as I hate to admit it as I thought I won. That just shows that the staff don't take notice of predictions when they judge the matches though.

ShanegoFett

I have to agree with this. I'm not exactly the most confident guy in the world, and to look at the predictions threads from both this month and last month and see that everyone is against you isn't just a confidence killer, it's a motivation killer as well.

I realise there's a bunch of good things that comes from the predictions too, but I personally don't want to take part in them incase I upset or annoy someone like I did with my predictions for bound for glory.

since I start them I just wanna say,

this is exactly why I label them up top as just predictions or opinions and have fun. Ive predicted guys to win even if they dont TT, just because thats who I want to see go over this month

So if youre taking it personally, anybody, please remember they have NO merit, NO say in anything, and have no reason to kill your confidence. To me at least. In no way should you consider a vote against or, at least, not for you in a way that says, "We all think youre shit, so gtfo". Because thats not correct at all.

In the case of [MENTION=11302]Dexter[/MENTION] - duuuude relaaaaaaax. Youre doing insanely well for a new guy to UWF. Dont even sweat it. Seriously, you almost won KOTR and youre in a main event match in what like, your 3rd month here? (plus already tag champs) so I dont see why youre confidence is dead

In the case of [MENTION=10]Aniking[/MENTION] . Buddy, you know I love you. You've been killin it since you came back, as you ALWAYS are killin it. You fucking took Sim Snuka to a world title. So dont even be bummed that people are predicting MDDD or whatever. You always tear it up. I "predicted" MDDD because its fan service, not because they're better or worse than you. Etc etc etc

Is this stuff the reason why the podcast cant be a shoot anymore? Probably

but seriously, all Im gonna say about it is this. If youre seriously unhappy about things, talk to me about it privately or whatever. Everybody just needs to take a big ole deep breath mmk? mmk.

Chase

Honestly I just view predictions as just away to have some fun on here, and as well make the shows more exciting. I am not gonna lie if I don't get chosen I do get spooked a little bit, but I am not mad at the person for not choosing me, because most people go in depth with there picks. The Predictions I hate are the ones where they bold it, and don't give an explanation what so ever. I see the predictions for TTers and writer to play BTB in a sense.

Dash

It's not the fact that it makes me think I'm bad or even the fact that I see the predictions and believe that's what's going to happen. I can't really explain it, but it's not that I'm upset over it because I'm not at all. I guess it's just that when so many people vote against you, it feels like they don't enjoy what you're putting out, and then it just feels like you're wasting your time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not kicking up a fuss or anything either, I know I've had a great couple of months since I joined here, I just picked up on a comment from Aniking and wanted to add on to it, that's all really.