Update On Wade Barrett Injury

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Wade has been on a good role as of late and for it all to come crashing down like that... that is the part that sucks the most. He was already eliminated, he just had the one spot left in catching Ziggler but that spot went crazy and now Wade is out. Yeah you definitely saw how pissed off he was about that. I would have been too. Mania is the payoff and he definitely would have been involved in some sorta match.

But injuries always suck. Just hope Kofi's wasn't bad either. Cause the way he landed when he hit the steps on the way... def was not supposed to happen. Just hope it was nothing.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
He's going to miss Mania. Such a shame, he's been on a roll lately and has had a good feud with Orton so far then when the big event comes, he misses out on wrestling in front of 70,000 and the big payday. Gotta feel for him, I think he was going to get a good match this year.

Wade Barrett is said to have dislocated his elbow during the main event of RAW according to F4Wonline.com

The injury took place when Big Show tossed Dolph Ziggler out the ring into the arms of Barrett and R-Truth. The impact cause Barrett to fall back in to the announce table landing awkwardly on his arm.

BG "Road Dogg" James who works backstage tweeted the following about Barrett's injury:

"Prayers go out to Wade Barrett! A sidelining injury, not a career ender but he won't get a shot at Mania and that hurts my heart for him!"

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd bet money that he still makes Mania. He won't have a match which is bad for him, but they will get him on there for a pay day

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Show as a veteran should not have thrown Dolph the way he did and right near the tables seriously as for the other two I hope everyone is ok but working hard matches after going through hell they couldve left it a bit or even just make it an elimination match.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Show as a veteran should not have thrown Dolph the way he did and right near the tables seriously as for the other two I hope everyone is ok but working hard matches after going through hell they couldve left it a bit or even just make it an elimination match.

I agree and he threw Dolph way too high and too hard at Barrett.

PY.

Reaction score
I really hope he's involved in some way. I haven't seen Raw yet, but I wouldn't mind him joining Mark Henry, Christian and Alberto Del Rio in a non-wrestling capacity (even if he isn't a former World Champion) and support Laurianitis over Teddy Long. I get that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense other than the fact he's a heel, but idk, just throwing something out there, because really what else can he do?

He could always say that Teddy forced him to compete the night after being in a grueling Elimination Chamber match.

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
He could always say that Teddy forced him to compete the night after being in a grueling Elimination Chamber match.

There we go, maybe he could be involved after all. That makes plenty of sense to me.

I just don't wanna see him miss out or be given something shit. Again, I haven't watched Raw, but it seems to me like this angle with Laurianitis and the former World Champions could be an important one, so Barrett being invovled with that would be nice.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Big Show is at fault here with little to no debate. Show is certainly on my s##tlist now. Wade has really been on a roll ever since October with the whole Barrett Barrage. He was getting stale after the Nexus fail then the brutal Corre stable. He was starting to come into his own and was terrific in the Chamber. This is devastating news and it really saddens me because if it wasn't Dolph, it should be Wade winning MITB. I hope he gets some kind of role at Mania but it won't be commentary. Smackdown has a three man booth so I can't see that happening. Hope Wade comes back by May and take out that old man.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
So the time he is out is 8 weeks? Considering Wade is a pro wrestler, I'll cut that time in half and say Wade will be fit in 4 weeks. I mean Ted DiBiase Jr Wrestled with a broken wrist...

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
jesus i have never seen so many people bitching about an injury and who's fault it is before.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I saw it and Big Show did exactly what he was supposed to do. Landing on stuff like that is always awkward. This spot also shouldn't have been intended to be in front of the announcing tables. It should have been done on the complete other side of the ring in front of the entrance ramp for more space.

Too bad Wade Barrett won't be wasted in the MITB now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I just KNEW he was going to get injured with all the injuries SmackDown has had lately. Just fucking great. That's the last straw to get me to stop watching SmackDown for the forseeable future.
Yeah during his entrance last night, I told Gina that was your guy... then he got hurt, and I was like, "Yup, I'll be reading about this tomorrow morning."

Hope Barrett makes a speedy recovery. At least it's not broken, which is a very good thing. I had pretty much figured Barrett was going to be regulated to MITB at Mania anyways, so as long as he takes it easy for the next 3-4 weeks, he'll no doubt have plenty of time to get to 100% by then.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I blame The Miz, everything seems to be his fault these days.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I saw it and Big Show did exactly what he was supposed to do. Landing on stuff like that is always awkward. This spot also shouldn't have been intended to be in front of the announcing tables. It should have been done on the complete other side of the ring in front of the entrance ramp for more space.

Too bad Wade Barrett won't be wasted in the MITB now.

I think Barrett has a better chance of competing in the MITB then any singles match even if he's not fully recovered. Reason being is because he doesn't necessarily have to do much work considering it's an 8 man match.