Unpopular Video Game Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
It got shit on by most people online but I really enjoyed Ubisoft's The Crew. I think people were looking at it too deeply.

If you look past the jankiness and lack of polish, it's a really chill ass game.

I just saw it as a road trip simulator with lots of cars and plenty of customization and it does that well. It's obviously not exactly how the US is to drive through but I thought the map was pretty impressive.

UmWHIj4.jpg

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I enjoyed AC Odyssey and Valhalla more than Origins.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It got shit on by most people online but I really enjoyed Ubisoft's The Crew. I think people were looking at it too deeply.

If you look past the jankiness and lack of polish, it's a really chill ass game.

I just saw it as a road trip simulator with lots of cars and plenty of customization and it does that well. It's obviously not exactly how the US is to drive through but I thought the map was pretty impressive.

UmWHIj4.jpg

I have always been a fan of car games, so, I of course played this one. I enjoyed it for quite a while, but, I got stuck on a mission that was pretty hard (it's been a long time since I have played it, so, I completely forget what the mission even was) and that just killed my motivation to keep playing lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of car games, so, I of course played this one. I enjoyed it for quite a while, but, I got stuck on a mission that was pretty hard (it's been a long time since I have played it, so, I completely forget what the mission even was) and that just killed my motivation to keep playing lol

Oh yea, some of the missions are bullshit tbh. I just enjoy the road trip aspect. I can see where people got annoyed with the AI and some of the missions. Like it's not just pure racing. These missions I hate have you chasing some guy in a car but you have to use the shit car they give you and it can barely keep up.

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Oh yea, some of the missions are bullshit tbh. I just enjoy the road trip aspect. I can see where people got annoyed with the AI and some of the missions. Like it's not just pure racing. These missions I hate have you chasing some guy in a car but you have to use the shit car they give you and it can barely keep up.

I am pretty sure one of those exact missions is why I quit :lol

It’s otherwise a great game, but, I lose interest quick when it’s way too hard lol

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I am pretty sure one of those exact missions is why I quit :lol

It’s otherwise a great game, but, I lose interest quick when it’s way too hard lol

There is a Trophy for getting a platinum medal on all story missions, yeah, about that..

:maury

Josh Drake

Is Extreme And Lives For The Coming Out
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
mitsuharumisawa
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
GenichiroTenryu
Favorite Wrestler
ChrisKanyon
Favorite Wrestler
MasaakiMochizuki
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Everyone who complains about how hard their game is to beat should play Mission 34 in Gran Turismo 4.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I enjoyed AC Odyssey and Valhalla more than Origins.
Odyssey is amazing. I am on my third playthrough currently. Valhalla was OK but not great. It was too much of a pointless grind. I would probably rank them Odyssey, Origins and then Valhalla.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I don't know how unpopular this is, but these days I kinda like playing games on Easy difficulty if they have the option.

Like I love challenging games like Dark Souls but if I'm playing a more story based game and don't care for the combat, I enjoy playing on easy. It's more casual and stops me from getting angry and dropping a game over cheap deaths.

I did Uncharted 1-3 on the highest difficulty and I think it ruined those games a little bit. The combat was not fun for me, and it was a really frustrating experience.

I think if the game is satisfying enough to play combat wise I'll consider a higher difficulty, but a lot of games don't really implement higher difficulties well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't know how unpopular this is, but these days I kinda like playing games on Easy difficulty if they have the option.

Like I love challenging games like Dark Souls but if I'm playing a more story based game and don't care for the combat, I enjoy playing on easy. It's more casual and stops me from getting angry and dropping a game over cheap deaths.

I did Uncharted 1-3 on the highest difficulty and I think it ruined those games a little bit. The combat was not fun for me, and it was a really frustrating experience.

I think if the game is satisfying enough to play combat wise I'll consider a higher difficulty, but a lot of games don't really implement higher difficulties well.

I agree with uncharted on the hardest difficulty being so frustrating lol I find I like playing on more realistic difficulties, the easiest uncharted ones were pretty ridiculous too. Games designed with one difficulty are probably the way to go IMO bc with uncharted it didn't feel like any difficulty was really balanced.

I liked red dead 2 a lot, it was probably "too easy" at times but if you could actually be one shot lol they managed the balance and realism by just having NPCs be terrible shots mostly, the star wars strategy

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I agree with uncharted on the hardest difficulty being so frustrating lol I find I like playing on more realistic difficulties, the easiest uncharted ones were pretty ridiculous too. Games designed with one difficulty are probably the way to go IMO bc with uncharted it didn't feel like any difficulty was really balanced.

I liked red dead 2 a lot, it was probably "too easy" at times but if you could actually be one shot lol they managed the balance and realism by just having NPCs be terrible shots mostly, the star wars strategy

Yea, I think Red Dead 2 does it well plus roleplaying in that game is fun. Uncharted just had too many bullshit deaths for me.

I did it on the Remastered collection on Brutal difficulty. You basically die in like 2 shots. Some of the sections was near impossible.

Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I did a brutal playthrough of Uncharted 2 once and it was terrible :lol I don't even remember for sure if I finished but i think I did

I tried a grounded (I think that was the hardest difficulty on Last of Us) and it was actually fun at times bc it forced you to rely on stealth more but there was literally one part I couldn't complete so I gave up :lol

• Haha

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

I play quite a few games on easy simply because there are times I can go a week or longer between playing. A few games I have bumped up to hard like Assassin's Creed because I know the combat and muscle memory of playing them. But a game like Cyberpunk that I am playing for the first time I put that shit on easy because I want to enjoy the game. Also, I suck at games in first person...

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I play quite a few games on easy simply because there are times I can go a week or longer between playing. A few games I have bumped up to hard like Assassin's Creed because I know the combat and muscle memory of playing them. But a game like Cyberpunk that I am playing for the first time I put that shit on easy because I want to enjoy the game. Also, I suck at games in first person...

Opposite for me. I'm pretty good at first person but as soon as I play third person I somehow forget how to aim. :lol I'm having a hard time with Mafia: Definitive Edition at the moment. I'm playing it on the Classic mode which tries to resemble the original game. Some sections are tough as you die pretty quickly.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage