Unpopular Video Game Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Mad Max shout out made me tear up.

That game was super cool and fun, I fully agree, definitely underrated.

554.gif

I replayed it last year during quarantine. The graphics are still solid today, especially explosions.

AwqjdQA.gif

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I almost never look forward to boss battles and think dozens of games would be better off without them, or at least with a strong limit on them. It just often feels like a thing that "has to exist" because it's historically existed.

I kinda hate what Amnesia: The Dark Descent has done to horror games. It popularized the first person run and hide thing. It's been 11 years and it's still the most popular formula.

Post is a few months old but I agree with this one. I didn't even like Resident Evil VII.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Controllers are much better to use for games than keyboard and mouse, even if I'm playing PC games I will use a controller if it allows it. It's been a while since I gamed on a PC but I really did not like using a mouse unless it was a RTS or simulation game (Command & Conquer and The Sims) those are way better with a mouse for obvious reasons

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Controllers are much better to use for games than keyboard and mouse, even if I'm playing PC games I will use a controller if it allows it. It's been a while since I gamed on a PC but I really did not like using a mouse unless it was a RTS or simulation game (Command & Conquer and The Sims) those are way better with a mouse for obvious reasons

Just depends on the game for me, I think the developers all have their preference and a lot of times it's pretty obvious which control set they were using whem actually making the game lol used to hate using a mouse and keyboard until I realized this

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just depends on the game for me, I think the developers all have their preference and a lot of times it's pretty obvious which control set they were using whem actually making the game lol used to hate using a mouse and keyboard until I realized this

Racing games are the big one for me, using a controller is way better and I'd be surprised if any PC players don't. I can see why people prefer to use a mouse for FPS games because of the accuracy, but I'm probably one of the people that would plug an Xbox pad in :lol

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Sony has some of the worst console deigns of all time. Seriously the PS2 slim has to be the worst console in history from practical design standpoint.

The power button is too small, set back too far so that you have to press it so hard the whole console moves. You cant see the controller inputs if you have a memory card in because it blocks it. The usb inputs are at the very bottom so you have to pick up the console to put them in properly....

Anything else? probably, never mind the fact its so flimsy a light gust of wind would blow the thing away....

PS4, instead of having a big prominent button saying *PUSH HERE TO START* with a huge light around it, opted to go for a TINY flush mounted wee thing with a tiny little led in it...

What the heck have Sony got against having a proper power button? Some of my best stereos have huge power buttons on them....it's like "PUSH ME AND SUPERMASSIVE EXCITEMENT WILL FOLLOW"....it's like sony don't even want you turning their consoles on...

(well that turned into a bit of a rant)

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@Painmaker I think the only time I used the power button for the PS4 is when I first got it on Launch

I just use the controller for powering on/off :garrett

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yup

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Not unpopular unless you're Master PC Race. I love controllers. Mouse and Keyboard is great for accuracy, and speed, especially for First Person Shooters. But for games like Diablo, it's a MUST have.

I'll play Diablo on controller, don't get me wrong, but its better with M&K.
Sony has some of the worst console deigns of all time. Seriously the PS2 slim has to be the worst console in history from practical design standpoint.
If I could slap you right now, PS2 slim was the best version of PS2.
PS4, instead of having a big prominent button saying *PUSH HERE TO START* with a huge light around it, opted to go for a TINY flush mounted wee thing with a tiny little led in it..
I agree. I love the design of PS4, but THAT? I completely agree.

Last edited:

ROHbot#40

Reaction score
RTS games are the greatest video games genre of all time. I freaking love em.

I only use controllers for 3rd person and sports games.

mouse and keyboard are a much better way of controlling your aim in first person shooters.

And ill echo the love for Black Flag and Mad Max

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Black Flag is amazing. I'm not even that in to ship type exploration, but the game was pure awesome. I feel like it took all the best elements of the previous games and didn't make it too much of a chore to explore the map.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I am used to controllers now but as a teen I loved playing FPS like Half-Life on PC with a mouse.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mega Man 2 was harder than OG Mega Man

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Mega Man 2 was harder than OG Mega Man
Ha. Its backwards, bro. I can beat Mega Man 2 in less than 5 hours. Hell, I don't even need strategy guides.

Mega Man was BRUTAL. You'd need game genie for that or save states that places you at x section until you finish the original Mega Man.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
Mega Man 2 is de facto easier than 1 based on the 8-way capabilities of metal blade imo.