Unified Tag Team Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Shelty B and Cedric still teaming under the name

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I have doubted whether the top titles would stay "unified" but if they do this with the tag team titles also then I guess they wont be splitting up.

They would have had another tag team on the main roster if they brought up Fabian Aichner. The thing is that I like RK-Bro being the tag team Champs. I am conflicted here.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I kinda hope that RKBro actually wins the Uso’s title. Which can lead to the Uso’s breaking away from Roman after he belittles them. So they don’t help him and he loses the title at sone point.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I kinda hope that RKBro actually wins the Uso’s title. Which can lead to the Uso’s breaking away from Roman after he belittles them. So they don’t help him and he loses the title at sone point.
You have a great mind for the wrestling business. Love to see what else you would do with the wwe creative

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So they do appear to be going in the direction I thought they would.

Honestly one set of belts is all you need unless you have a seriously deep roster on both and know how to book them, but seriously it’s easier to do one.
with them severely cutting down the roster size i think this is a good decision as well

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I would not mind the belts being unified since we barely have any tag teams on the main roster. Both brands are short and maybe this would actually put value back into the tag titles.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I would not mind the belts being unified since we barely have any tag teams on the main roster. Both brands are short and maybe this would actually put value back into the tag titles.
Raw are not short on teams they've been having killer multi team matches over the last couple of months.

Both brands have more then enough teams its just about booking them correctly and driving interest.

We as wwe fans are conditioned not to care about the belts because we've been told many times they mean nothing.

By all means unify the belts hopefully this will raise the prestige of tag team wrestling. Raw have booked the tag division great this year just no one cares

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Raw are not short on teams they've been having killer multi team matches over the last couple of months.

Both brands have more then enough teams its just about booking them correctly and driving interest.

We as wwe fans are conditioned not to care about the belts because we've been told many times they mean nothing.

By all means unify the belts hopefully this will raise the prestige of tag team wrestling. Raw have booked the tag division great this year just no one cares
Raw only has 4 tag teams and that is still not enough for a division. To me you need like 5 or 6 teams. It has felt that I have been watching the same matches every month with the same teams. Look at SD side of tag teams. They only have a few and that is going to run stale. Having 1 set of tag titles will make things interesting, it will make both sides look better. You could have USO's facing anyone on Raw and vise versa for RKBro to the SD side depending if this actually the plan.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Raw only has 4 tag teams and that is still not enough for a division. To me you need like 5 or 6 teams. It has felt that I have been watching the same matches every month with the same teams. Look at SD side of tag teams. They only have a few and that is going to run stale. Having 1 set of tag titles will make things interesting, it will make both sides look better. You could have USO's facing anyone on Raw and vise versa for RKBro to the SD side depending if this actually the plan.
They have a 6. They used have 7 just a couple of weeks ago... you only need 4 tbh. 1 champ, 1 contender and the other two grinding it out, any other teams have to be jobbers otherwise you are doing 50 50 booking and no one gets over. So I think your just forgetting about people. But like I said you only really need 4.

My point us if they cared about booking tag team wrestling they would be able to make it work. They don't care. Tbf the raw tag titles recently have been booked better then all of the midcard belts but that could change in an instant.

I think it's a good idea to unify but I have no faith in them booking the belts properly. I guess 1 poorly booked ritle is better then 2 poorly book titles.

If you think that unifying the belts solve the problem then fair enough I hope you are right.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Yeah, there isn't enough tag teams on both brands to keep things fresh with two separate tag team title reigns. The RAW tag teams have basically faced each other plenty of times. Ziggler and Roode haven't been involved lately but them vs. RK Bro was done several times late last year.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Forgot about roode and ziggler. Raw have 7 teams

Redboy123@

Reaction score
rkbro have fueded with 4 teams this year alone. We are just conditioned wwe fans who view the tag team division as a neglected puppy. We are critiquing stuff that's not even true like lack of teams and fresh match ups because we are just so unimpressed by tag team wrestling over the last 20 years

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
5 teams. I think thats a reasonable number

Profits
Rkbro
Alpha Acad
Hurt Biz
Mysterios

Edge and Preist if you want
Yeah but it gets very repetitive after a while. How many times did we see RKBros vs Academy recently? Street Profits vs Academy?

They never use Hurt Business or the Dirty Dawgz.

Enkidu

Reaction score
The Hurts still teamed on Main Event this week.