Undertaker's next and final Wrestlemania match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

thsmith85

Reaction score
Do you really want to see him wrestle at one more Wrestlemania. If he wins no one cares. If he loses it hurts his legacy.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Did the dude wrestle CM Punk yet?

Keep Rock vs Cena, let Punk be a dick and fuck up the streak and beat 'Taker ...idk.
Or if they feel that Cody Rhode's has a ton of potential, then let him beat 'Taker and roll with it.
Whoever takes on 'Taker in the dude's probably last match is gonna get a rocket boost in their career, can't waste it on a probably future "en-dev-er'd (idk how to spell it)" dude like a carlito or some 'ishy doo'.

Axis

Reaction score
Yes, Undertaker and CM Punk fought over the World Heavyweight Championship, and I remember them having some pretty average matches.

nation

Reaction score
A couple of things.

First of all, unless Taker is seriously in serious bad health, he will wrestle at Mania. He's obviously getting plenty of time to rest, heal and treat injuries. Reports were last year he was in bad shape and still delivered ten fold in his match with Trips. So if he isn't really really fucked up, he will be wrestling at Mania. This is WrestleMania. The Undertaker is one of the biggest selling points of the show. So again, unless he is in really bad shape and pretty much physically unable to compete due to his health, he will be at the show. Thanks to all the time off he will be in better shape and even if his health can't warrant a return he can still have his one match at Mania.

Forgot who mentioned Taker being thrown in with Rock and Cena but that's just not going to happen. Taker vs. Triple H 3 isn't happening either, if it's anything involving Trips it will end up being Taker vs. HHH vs. HBK. But it's the slimmest chance of that happening. His best bet for his opponent would be Punk(If Punk/Austin doesn't happen) or Chris Jericho. Jericho talked awhile ago about returning, pretty decent chance of him returning a few months before Mania. Taker/Jericho won't touch the scale of Rock/Cena or Austin/Punk but it can very well be the match that steals the show. It's still a big match though and definitely would be one of the biggest matches on the card and obviously a main event.

Now there is other potential matches but they simply will be a huge step backwards(not able to compare to the matches with HBK and Triple) however they can still be a solid match on the card in terms of everything. Del Rio would be the best bet but Barrett, Miz and Christian all have a chance of being the opponent. I highly doubt a match with any of those guys will happen but if it's just going to be your average WM match at Mania, nothing huge like the past few matches Taker has had, there is a chance with either of those guys.

The last thing I want to touch on is the streak. Undertaker's WM streak is simply one of the biggest accomplishments in professional wrestling. It's something Taker has earned for all of his work. It's a huge deal, ending the streak would result in the biggest win in wrestling and the biggest push. Even if you're John fucking Cena, you will become a much bigger name. Obviously if the streak ends, Taker can no longer hold an undefeated streak at WM as his biggest accomplishment but his reign of being undefeated will always be a big deal and he simply will still be remembered as one of the greatest to ever step in the ring. The three issues from ending the streak are killing his biggest accomplishment, the amount of heat/hate that will be caused by it and whoever ends it. The first issue shouldn't be much considering again he will still be remembered as one of the greatest, the 2nd would die off eventually or perhaps be controlled if it is actually done right and the "right" guy ends it. But that's the biggest issue. I could name off a few guys I'd like to see do it but not everyone would be in favor of it and whoever it is can really mess it up with even the slightest fuck up.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Enzo said:
...which would draw insane numbers and it's safe to speculate that they might have been better off going this route as I don't see Cena-Rock drawing some Attitude Era number as Rock's presence didn't exactly shoot the moon.

Talkin' about buyrates? Ratings? I'm just going off memory here, but Raw did 3.9 one week pre-WM, right? And that WM had no business passing 700,000 buys before Rock showed up, they were in serious shit before Rock came in and (In my opinion anyway) pretty much outdrew everyone by himself. You tell me how those Cena/Punk PPVs and Raws with "some of the best buildup in years" did. >_> Anyone who doesn't believe Rock isn't the last true draw in American wrestling is crazy. No offense to 'Taker or Cena, they don't transcend wrestling the way Rock does, it's not even close to what match would get more buys, although Taker would be a better match at this point and more significant to the WWE in the long run.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Not to say I wouldn't play the Cena card for his last WM match, but if you have Cena/Rock, that's the match you go with period. The one reason business-wise i'd want to go with Cena losing and retire with the streak intact, is because often times in sports where these types of legendary streaks/unbeatable figures is when they lose, oftentimes the winner fades into obscurity because all people care about is that the top dog lost.

If they wanted to though, start NOW to plan out exactly who the young upstart to end the streak and hypothetically have his career made, whether it's Wade Barrett, The Miz or Heath Slater or Ricardo Rodriguez, whoever they pick, push him like they've pushed Cena or Orton, and by WM 29 or 30 have him win and cement his place as the next top man, I think it could work. I'm also 50/50 on whether he wrestles at WM28.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Dunno. Take it for what you will.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/9...tch-with-the-undertaker-at-wrestlemania-makes

Interview highlight:

Foley made it very clear even beating around the bush that he expects to return to WWE within the next several months, as has already been reported on Cageside Seats. Assuming he has another good match left in him, he says a WrestleMania match with The Undertaker "makes a lot of sense" and even joked that his eight year old son Hughie once asked him whether he was the man to break the streak. He also expressed interest in working with some of the newer WWE stars like The Miz and CM Punk.

Axis

Reaction score
Foley is full of shit

...god...

Reaction score
I'd be down for Taker and Foley, simply for nostaligia purposes. They delivered probably the greatest moment in WWF history. But I doubt Foley could perform up to par. And idk what else they could really do, they've already done it all, it'd obviously have to be some no DQ type shit. I mean, if it's not gonna be Cena, Austin, Rock, Lesnar, or Sting, then fuck it, why not.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I could deal with Foley/Taker if we don't get the money match... especially if we have Rock/Cena on the card... the style of that brawl would allow Taker to take it easy, and it's a notable notch for his 20th win... but I couldn't deal with Foley promo'ing his way into a Mania match with Taker, I'd have to see him fuck a few people up and have Taker come in playing mindgames with the mindless Mankind...

Canadian

Reaction score
I have said this on the main site, if he wrestles Sting, I will immediately pre-order Wrestlemania and any other PPV's featuring Sting.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Cena vs. Taker vs. Rock is my first choice.

Sting vs. Undertaker is my second.

Ezekiel Jackson would be a good fight if he was given enough push and he's the only person In the entire company that I could stand beating Undertaker.

Sin Cara vs. Undertaker would be pretty awesome, no lie.

Anyone else would be garbage.
Undertaker probably would refuse wrestle anyone who couldn't put on an equally as good match or better then HHH vs. Taker
That does not include Foley.

Undertaker is just as arrogant in real life as Chris Jericho & The Miz pretend to be.
If Taker had his way he would of fought in a ladder match the Monday Night Raw following Taker vs. HHH

Did the dude wrestle CM Punk yet?
Yes!
He beat him 2 weeks in a row back on smackdown... each time in under 5 minutes.

Where are these reports of his back being shot?
Ever heard of HIPAA laws?
Regardless of all that... Why does undertaker only deliver a last ride once a year OR LESS for the last 4 years?

Loool btw, I just realized/remembered that the HIAC PPV is literally TWO WEEKS After NoC and then 3 more weeks after that is Vengeance. Holy clusterfuck.
What you said minus the lol.
There should be no more the 8 PPVs a year.

No mention of "Daphne for the streak" in this thread, Doomsday?
It's 'Daffney'

Airfixx

Reaction score
Daphne... Daffney... D'afknee... I doubt anyone besides yourself gives a shit.