Undertaker Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I think Taker/Cena would be perfect for WM 30 in NYC. Cause i think WWE goes NYC every 10 years for mania.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I'm still hoping to see Kane Vs Taker at WM one final time. It all ends and Kane wins, as he should do to close the story between the brothers. Kane is the character who wins the most out of that situation, and finally gets revenge on his older brother who's made Kane's life a living hell to begin with.

And if WWE have some sense, make it a first time ever; Inferno Hell In A Cell Match (Career Vs Streak)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NO MORE KANE/TAKER feuds please and a Inferno Hell In A Cell Match :lmao

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If they have any sense, they'd keep him off this card and wait till Cena is free next year.

I dont see them having what could be Taker's last match on any undercard, considering how loyal hes been to the company and how big an opportunity that is to miss. People are gonna buy this years Mania anyway, because its Cena vs Rock, they dont need a streak match as well.

Cena should also end the streak, its a perfect heel turn for him.

Oh, and please, no Kane or Triple H trilogies at Mania, the matches have been awful and the Kane thing has been done to death now.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^ Yeah, a burning cell would be epic!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not entirely on track with the topic, but I have absolute zero interest Taker. The sooner he retires the better for me as he's beyond stale and has been for the longest time now. 1 more match against Cena where he says he's beaten all the greats bar one and regardless of whether he wins or loses, he's retiring after the match.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Plus Cena is really the only one that deserves to end this streak, I know that I will get some hate for that comment :p It works the other way as well because if Taker ends his career after defeating the biggest star of the next generation in Cena then that is a massive way for him to end it all.

In my mind it is the perfect ending just don't ask me who I think will win because that is too difficult to answer.

I don't agree at all, I'll be pissed off if Cena gets to go over one of the biggest stars ever who is The Rock, then gets to defeat Undertaker just 2 WM's later.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Cena no way.

The only person who should beat him for the streak should be between Kane and HHH.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
No to both Triple H and Kane, I'm a big Kane fan but he had his chance to end the streak twice now and shouldn't get another shot same with Triple H ( He definately shouldn't get another shot incase he pulls a politic move).

I actually think that it should be Sheamus and I think that it would be a great match between the two and despite Sheamus losing he would get a huge rub from it.

Zen

Reaction score
Essentially, Cena is the only one who has the credibility(as far as a wrestler) to actually be able to beat Taker, to make this a compellingly big match/story, and the only one who deserves to do it. You could also go with Orton, Punk, HHH or even a returning Lesnar. Aside from that,no one else really comes close(yes, that includes Kane -- for all you Kanonites). Not at all. That this dismays the Cena haters only further signifies their denial of reality. Simply because one does not particularly like a particular wrestler, is not a serious enough argument to deny that wrestler's influence, talents/abilities, worthiness and effort.

The whole Rock/Cena match really was an upsetting moment for me that reason; this year was the perfect time for the much anticipated Taker/Cena feud(the WWE has kept them apart for a specific reason). Mind you, I want the Rock/Cena to happen, but it could have been saved for a future WM, whereas Taker really doesn't have much time left. I have been a very huge Taker fan for years, and to see him go against Cena in one of the biggest matches of this generation would have the best send off Taker or anyone could possibly receive -- truly worthy of a legend of Taker's calibre. Instead, the WWE is holding off on that, so that it may never happen OR Taker might be even older and the match might be even more craptastic. So now Taker will probably get stuck with some lesser talent. Sucks for Taker and sucks for the fans. Cena will no doubt have many great and even some more classic programs -- Taker won't, this was really his last chance.

As far as Taker actually jobbing, there is nothing wrong with it. If he ends up retiring cool, if not, there is nothing wrong or sad about it all. It has long been a tradition in this industry -- it is the decent thing to do on your way out. The streak is kayfabe, a storytelling device to increase buyrates -- that is all. The idea that Taker "needs" it to remain a legend is laughably pathetic and absurd. He was a legend, and had solidified his career *before* the WWE made a big deal out it, and his wrestling ability and resume can stand on its own feet, not some kayfabe achievement in an industry where wins are meaningless in the long run. Anyone who insists that Taker needs it, just doesn't understand or appreciate Taker IMO. Furthermore, the idea that smarks would rage at the possibly losing(particularly to Cena) is idiotic and ironic at the same time, since when did smarks care about about fake accolades more than the wrestlers and their abilities and match quality? I thought you people were supposed to be the "smart fans", leave the kayfabe marking to the marks. 8D

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena no way.

The only person who should beat him for the streak should be between Kane and HHH.

Cena is the perfect guy.

Kane makes sense if both want to go out together with a BOD hug and pyro galore. HHH makes sense if Taker wants to do a Ric and HBK or Taker and HBK and pass it to the standard bearer and grizzled vet after him.

Cena makes sense because he stands for everything Taker embodies. A blue collar work. A wwe loyalist. A guy who lives and breathes the company. Who busts his ass on that schedule be he hurt, sick, or tired. He is the guy who is clean cut to uphold an image and works harder than anyone else. He is the conscious of his era of guys.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No more Kane/Taker please had enough to last me a life time. Cena/Taker is kind of must happen because as said that is someone who could legit end the streak. I like Taker been a fan but I'm somewhat with Dale in the sense of I wouldn't mind if he retired because honestly he's been pretty much one foot out the door the past few years and just shows up at mania to win a match we all know he's gonna win. He seems to be getting worse health wise on top of that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You can't get worse than he was last year at mania working with a shoulder that had not been rehabbed from tommy John surgery. He was a fucking beast to just be out there. From everything I've read and heard he has completed rehab and feels good unlike last year.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Injuries can always get worse as it could always be something else. I commend him for being a warrior out there just don't have the desire to want to keep seeing the same story every year. Show up for build to mania, win at mania and go away until the next mania build.

Zen

Reaction score
Sometimes, comparisons are made between DX and BOD. They are off the mark. Hunter and HBK are two performers who are of a similar calibre, both have had illustrious careers, and DX was a great deal. BOD, on the other hand, wasn't *really* a big deal;it was fun, and cool, but a big deal, it was not. Furthermore, Kane was introduced for the sole purpose of being a plot device for Taker. Now clearly, Kane has outgrown that and made a name for himself(much to my delight) and became a mainstay and a somewhat big name. Aside from that though, he hasn't really had an illustrious career -- his career is marred with utter mismanagement by the WWE creative, and he isn't a performer on par with Taker, much less in the same league. He simply isn't. So the comparisons fall flat. The BOD was a short term thing, there haven't been any serious reunions, and rarely do they ever match Taker/Kane up as a team-- it isn't as if Taker comes out saving Kane like HHH did with Shawn. We are all sick of them facing off, as far as them being competitors is concerned.

The WWE hasn't really maintained the continuity with the whole brotherly thing; Kane and Taker just do their own thing -- whereas the WWE went to great lengths to maintain the whole BFF thing with Shawn/Hunter. It isn't really a Benoit/Guerrero thing either, it wasn't as if when Taker won his first title in years(WM 23) or even WM 24 where he closed the show -- that they had Kane come out and pose with him. I mean they really did have a moment at WM 24 to do that. Kane had won a major title(the ECW title) earlier that night with sheer dominance, and Taker had won the title from Edge. They could have had them pose -- but they didn't, largely because they don't really care for Kane, nor his relationship to Taker as a character.

So I get that some people want the whole "brotherly" moment(I kind of did too) but it is far too late, and there is little point to it. I am sure Kane/Taker respect each other outside the ring and that is that. There is no reason for Kane to get yet another program, or a Mania match or a win over Taker. A big fat NO thank you to that, I should say.

Last edited: