• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Undertaker discusion

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
LMAO @ the jerkoff who said Edge definitely isn't worthy of ending the streak: I doubt it happens with Edge, but Edge gave Undertaker his greatest WrestleMania match, ever. The Kane matches were alright. Triple H was a good one. Orton was almost spectacular. But Edge vs. Undertaker @ WrestleMania 24 may have been the greatest match I've seen from Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Even Orton could cement his Legend Killer legacy with a win over Taker, establishing Orton as what he was always billed as... a threat.

Undertaker losing the streak doesn't have to mean that Taker needs to come back and do shit about it. It could mark the end of his career. The guy did try to retire at one point already in his career, mid-ring, SmackDown, American Badass... and got cut the fuck off and forced into a match. I think he's been ready to retire for years, there wont be a pressure from losing at WM.

A lot of you are ignoring that the result of someone ending the streak is far greater than what could ever be built up (unless you get Taker vs. Kane). But do I believe it ends this year? Seeing as it's Shawn Michaels, and he's been a destroyer... it's a possibility. But by the way they played out the Kozlov match on Raw... I sadly see a Triple Threat, and HBK and Kozlov will fight for the victory, and Undertaker will slide in for the win.

I just don't see the streak remaining in tact. And I dont think Vince will sacrifice ending the streak just because it's legendary. He's done plenty to piss the fans off... it's called creativity. It's a ploy to make people hate an individual or individuals to epic proportions.

CenaMark54

^^^Personally, I think Taker vs Orton was the best. Taker vs Batista and Taker vs HHH are close. All, however, were better than Edge vs Taker, IMO.

Great One

Undertaker vs. Triple H is by far the best. The fights in the crowd? Fucking pure awesome, completely reminscent of the old days. Orton probably came the closest to ending his streak though, which was, in the thought alone, great. Hell even the rumors behind the Batista match made it seem possible that he might, thus raised the anticipation A LOT. Especially when The Undertaker kicked out of the Batista Bomb.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I honestly think unless the stars allign there is no way in hell he will lose that streak because, lets be honest, it IS his claim to fame. What are the big Taker title wins, right off the top of your head? Other than him beating Hogan its like "ehhh". His streak at Wrestlemania is his personal title and he is the alltime champ.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
C'mon! STREAK! Even Goldberg was "shocked" into losing his. Shit, WWE had him lose more than he won in WCW seemingly. Streaks? MVP's winning now. Kozlov just lost his.

FUCK! Even the Brooklyn Brawler won a match! Streaks are meant to end.

noumenon

Taker's is different though. Things like Goldberg and Kozlov are that they have never been beaten at all. For Taker it's just a once a year thing.
And as said, he doesn't have a hell of a lot of title wins under his belt for the amount of time he's been there. At least let him have this.

Kibondo

Reaction score
Hey I am not a noob i have been in plenty of other forums i have just seen this one

So being a member of more than one forum means you're not a noob? Hm.

Personally, I don't see how they'd end his streak. It's one of the selling points of 'Mania, especially for 'Taker fans, and I'm sure Vince is gonna milk that as long as he can. Nor do I think he'd lose to HBK, as he's as old as Taker is. It'd be dumb. If he's gonna have his streak ended, it should be to someone with loads of talent and a bright future in the business.

straight_edge76

The Undertaker in a way IS Wrestlemania imo. There are those things as a Wrestling fan you just know. The Undertaker winning at Wrestlemania is one of those things. The Undertaker really hasn't had a extremely memorable carrer between April and February. But when It comes Wrestlemania time the Deadman shines. Other then his Mania matches does anyone remember much of anything from the last few years?

If anyone would have beaten the streak I think it would have been eithe Orton or possibly Edge last year. Those were IMO his two best Wrestlemania matches. His first battle with Kane was also great. The Undertaker IMO needs it to really cement his legacy as one of the best of all time.