Umaga's "Big Push".

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Viva!

Reaction score
From LordsofPain:

-- During today's WWE shareholders meeting, a person asked Vince McMahon if Umaga was in line for a "big push." McMahon replied, "In all likelihood, Umaga will switch brands shortly, and do as well as he possibly can."

Anyone going to speculate that this is the reason The Undertaker dropped his title? Face on Face title matches generally don't work so The Undertaker needed to be out of the frame.

MikeRaw

Umaga isnt a face though... So itd work fine. And I think he just dropped it to add suspense and storyline with the whole WWE crazy storyline stuff going on.
But everyones been saying for months to get Umaga on SD, and hopefully it finally happens. Smackdown needs some bigtime help, and Batista.Umaga we havent seen yet either! Everyones talking about Umaga/Taker, I think Umaga/Batista would be cool too. And Umaga/Rey..

Travis40

Looks like the WHC will be revolved around Edge/Taker/Umaga...hopefully Umaga gets a title reign out of it and gets the respect that he deserves...he's actually a decent wrestler and has put on great matches.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

You're damn straight he's a good wrestler. I hope he goes to SD! and gets the title, he definately deserves it. He is pretty good with his gimmikc and is entertaining as hell in the ring. I want to see Umaga vs Jeff one more time before he leaves though :D

Viva!

Reaction score
Last week the news was that Umaga was being pushed as a face because of his good response on the European tour. Thats why I suggested The Undertaker and Umaga were both faces. It would also explain the reason they made The Undertaker drop the WHC in a hurry.

MikeRaw

Last week the news was that Umaga was being pushed as a face because of his good response on the European tour. Thats why I suggested Undertaker and Umaga were both faces.

Him moving over soon could also explain the reason they made Undertaker drop it in a hurry on Smackdown, so that a heel could take the belt before Umaga comes.

Oh, Ok. I still think thats just a rumor though.. If Im not mistaken its because of what he was doing at that time (beating up cena at house shows) so since many people boo Cena, Umaga was face in their minds by default.
But I think on SD he'd be heel, because hes still a heel on tv.

And if Im wrong, and it was nt against Cenain europe, and they were just cheering him, I still think they'll make him/keep him a heel first because thats what they like, but if the fans keep cheering he'd have to go face.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

And if Im wrong, and it was nt against Cenain europe, and they were just cheering him, I still think they'll make him/keep him a heel first because thats what they like, but if the fans keep cheering he'd have to go face.
You would think so, but Cena is still face :p

I much rather Umaga as a killer heel, rather than a Blue, smiling, monster of a face. He is just the character of a heel imo.

C4

Umaga has a lot of potential and is a great "actual" wrestler, his gimmick is perfect as well and a Championship is all he needs now, good to see that they are actually going to do something with him now!

Viva!

Reaction score
I know the comparison is obvious and I'm really reluctant to make it but I think they're learning from the mistakes they made with Rikishi.

C4

I know the comparison is obvious and I'm really reluctant to make it but I think they're learning from the mistakes they made with Rikishi.

Rikishi was a gimmick he would have never been a WWE Champion, he was a great wrestler but his gimmick stopped him from being the top face of the company, much more like Umaga whose gimmick might prevent him from being the top face of the company but then again, I hope they do something good this time.

MC Rae

Reaction score
brian kendrick's biceps said:
I much rather Umaga as a killer heel, rather than a Blue, smiling, monster of a face. He is just the character of a heel imo.

Same. I think he plays the role perfectly as a heel.

I'm all for an Umaga push. The guy can put on a good match and I like his gimmick. Moving him onto SmackDown! will benefit not only Umaga but SmackDown! itself as it's in dire need of some help in the main event scene.

Viva!

Reaction score
I agree with that last post. Edge, Undertaker and Batista are the only wrestlers with a realistic chance of capturing the WHC.

I actually think Smackdown needs about 3 new main eventers and I'd like to see some of the mid cards step up to the main event.

Mr. Kennedy, Umaga and Chris Jericho would be my three choices. I'd then give the intercontinental belt to Carlito because I think he is head and shoulders above the wrestlers in the tag team division. I know he has attitude problems backstage but that hasn't stopped them pushing Randy Orton.

CenaMark54

Umaga just lost cleanly and quickly to Jeff Friggin Hardy. The same Jeff Hardy that recently got suspended.

Umaga is not in line for any kind of push soon. Which is a shame because he is one of my favorites in the ring.

C4

Umaga just lost cleanly and quickly to Jeff Friggin Hardy. The same Jeff Hardy that recently got suspended.

Umaga is not in line for any kind of push soon. Which is a shame because he is one of my favorites in the ring.

Exactly what I was going to say, I was shocked to see Umaga loose to a guy who returns from a suspension after almost a month, that was a squash match on RAW and it made me think about this news... :g:

As you said, there is no "big" push coming for Umaga in the near future, at least if this goes on then we shouldn't expect something to happen with youmanga!

Christian

Reaction score

He's also still on RAW. He hasn't switched brands yet, which is where his push will begin, from the sound of things.