Ultimate X, metal or ropes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
If any of you people saw Victory Road a couple weeks ago, you saw the new Ultimate X. Its basically Elevation X lol. Anyway, what did you guys think of it? Do you like this "Elevation X" one or the rope one?

PeepShow

The rope is better IMO as well. However, they did pull off a good match at VR even though they had the metal.

Slipknoted

Reaction score
The rope one is better, the metal one just makes them look like a load of kids on a jungle gym, but its understandable that the metal one was in use due to the fact that the ropes would have snapped in no time. I do love ultimate x.

MikeRaw

Ultimate X is always good but with the ropes its better...Althoiug its not like Elevation X at all.,....Elevation X is whentwo guys battle on top of it until someone falls off lol.But the structures the same...Anyways as I said its a great match but I prefer the ropes...

Switchy

Reaction score
Ropes is better than metal no contest, metal just reminds me of when I was a little kid playing on the monkey bars and the only thing they used it for was when Elix Skipper was fighting on the top with Petey Williams (I think it was him) and the rest of it there was no point to really.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
would preferr it if they put the ropes a little higher so they can't reach the guys on it...

Montana

I agree with everyone, the ropes is more original and entertaining. I really think Elevation X is too dangerous. We dont want another owen hart.

phantomgerald

I agree ropes are better, especially since it is not that high. No matter how good the x-division stars are good in the air. Trying something that hard could easily result in an injury or even death if there was a minor mistake. Plus, the ropes are a TNA invention.

xtremebadass

If you are a true TNA fan, the ropes symbolize everything that TNA stands for. Unusual Madness! It's just so original and different. If they change it now, it's a really stupid move.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Ropes mainly because you can do a lot more spots off of it. The metal is real stiff (duh) and you can't do as many spots like a powerbomb and you can't be real inventive with your moves. Plus any person can climb across and walk a few feet, reach down and grab an X. The ropes provide a more realistic match as well and it is for athletic guys and not some 400 pound guy.

TNA is the original Ult. X so I say ropes for that reason as well

Reaction score
I'm glad we all agree. "Elevation" X is basically like the scaffold match which was created by Jim Crockett back in the NWA in the 80s. There's a reason why they don't have scaffold matches anymore, because they're BORING and they're DANGEROUS. I think bringing that concept back is...well...kinda Blue.

On the other hand, the original Ultimate X match with ropes is IMO one of the most original ideas for a match. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, it was the Ultimate X match that really turned me on to TNA.