UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
His fight against Rampage in Pride was pretty good. Soccer kicked him into a TKO victory.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
581239_10151032951891276_2084487793_n.jpg

Main Card

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Brandon Vera
Ryan Bader vs. Lyoto Machida
Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell
Terry Etim vs. Joe Lauzon

Preliminary Card
Rob Broughton vs. Matt Mitrione
Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
Ian McCall vs John Moraga
Phil De Fries vs. Oli Thompson
DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Swick
Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan
Josh Grispi vs. Rani Yahya
Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa

After UFC this weekend, this is the next UFC show so i'm updating the thread once again. Ian McCall vs. John Moraga was just added to this card in a late addition.​

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'ma be off so I'ma be catchin this show. I made sure of that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I should have this day off from work, I think i'm stuck doing morning shifts for the next month or so anyways so it won't matter really.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Damn the Mitrione fight was scratched from this card because of personal issues with his opponent, was looking forward to seeing that fight.

Also, only days after agreeing to the fight Ian McCall has pulled out of his fight with a torn MCL.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Another fighter falls to injury, Ben Rothwell tweaked his ankle and won't be able to fight on this card. No word yet on the replacement.

In other news, Dana came out today and said the two winners of the main event and co-mainevent are going to fight later on this Fall for a shot at the LHW title. We'll see if that actually sticks though.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Shogun vs Machida III then.

Not a bad idea, I did like the first two fights, not sure why either would get a title shot considering how bad both were trashed by Jones already, fairly recent too.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
If Bader and Vera somehow win I will laugh my ass off seeing that be a number one contendership fight. Also there is no way in hell I would want to watch Jones vs Machida/Shogun 2. Maybe a Shogun vs Hendo 2 again, and no way a Machida vs Hendo at all.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
i_cfc_large.jpg

JonJones_display_image.jpg

Jones-Shogun-UFC128-3.jpg

1d04745bee1376ba6693f651c001d501.jpg

Bones already took care of this business.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It is pretty funny that he's already defeated all four guys involved in the mainevent and co mainevent :lol:

I wouldn't look past Hendo though, so we may be jumping the gun way to early picking one of these guys to fight Jones for the championship next. Could very well be Hendo vs. any of these guys, like Chase said. Hendo-Shogun would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Now the UFC is saying that the winner of Shogun-Vera is going to get a title shot. Originally it was said the two winners of the main event and co-mainevent would fight for the number one contender ship.

Not sure why this is the direction, seeing as Vera is a bum and now has a chance to fight for the title.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Vera in line for a title shot??? Do the UFC not remember what happened the last time Jones faced Vera?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Apparently not :lol: I can understand Shogun being in this position, but I'm a little confused why Vera is getting this opportunity.

I have Shogun winning by KO in the 1st or second anyways, but obviously anything can happen. And i think having Shogun vs Machida/Bader is a better decision, so 'im also confused on why Dana changed everything up.

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Even Shogun baffles me a little. He was mauled by Jones in the title match. Then, he's on the wrong side of a decision vs. Henderson (albeit great fight). Now he's fighting for a title shot against a dud in Vera? Don't particularly like that. Think he should have one more fight after Vera in order to earn a rematch.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's Dana White's exact quotes

Despite both fighters having already suffered losses to reigning light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones – and despite the competitors owning a combined 3-5 record (with one no-contest) in their past nine fights – the winner of Saturday's UFC on FOX 4 headliner, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Brandon Vera, will get a shot at the belt.

UFC president Dana White today confirmed the plans.

"Yes," White said when asked about the title stakes.

"'Shogun' Rua just came off a 'Fight of the Year' last year," said White referring to the Henderson fight. "He's probably one of the best fighters of the last decade. Think about it. This guy knocked out 'Rampage', knocked out Chuck Liddell, knocked out Mark Coleman, knocked out Lyoto Machida, knocked out Forrest Griffin, knocked out Alistair Overeem twice, submitted Kevin Randleman. A win puts him right back in position, and then he's probably the No. 2 guy in the world."

As for Vera, who hasn't won back-to-back fights in three years, he understands it's icing on the cake.

I don't know, this just seems like a horrible idea. Good luck selling Jones vs. Vera II if that happens.

Last edited: