UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

stann-lombard_large.jpg

Main Card
Middleweight Bout: Hector Lombard vs. Brian Stann
Light-heavyweight Bout: Ryan Bader vs. Lyoto Machida
Heavyweight Bout: Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell
Light-heavyweight Bout: Phil Davis vs. Chad Griggs

Preliminary Card
Lightweight Bout: Terry Etim vs. Joe Lauzon
Heavyweight Bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Rob Broughton
Heavyweight Bout: Philip De Fries vs. Oli Thompson
Welterweight Bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Swick
Featherweight Bout: Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan
Featherweight Bout: Pablo Garza vs. Josh Grispi
Featherweight Bout: Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa​

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Re: UFC on Fox 4: Lombard vs. Stann

UFC on Fox 4 takes place on August, 4th from Los Angles California. The main event of this card is pretty damn awesome, Lombard is making his debut in the UFC while Brian Stann is coming off a 1st round KO of Alessio Sakara. Both guys have chins from hell, and love to stand and bang. UFC made a VERY smart choice having this fight main event the show rather than Bader-Machida. I'll still be looking forward to seeing Machida back in action though. Not sure why Phil Davis gets on the main card against Griggs, hopefully they make a change there as Davis isn't a draw and all he does is wrestle too decisions.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

There's quite alot of names I recognise on this card, but they seem to be facing off against guys i've never heard of or can't recall seeing.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

I'm liking this card but this isn't must see. I'll check it out if nothing is going on. Machida vs Bader should be main event even though Stann is awesome. Still think Machida is a top guy and draws more interest than either guy in main event. I'm interested to see Rothwell if he can continue to move up the card. Also wow Phil Davis really dropped in the card. He went from main event on fox to first fight of the night.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

I'm just a huge Lombard fan, so I'm pretty happy he's in the main event. I do love Machida though, Bader is alright but he's not one of my favorite fighters.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

I'm not going to lie I haven't seen much of Lombard. I've been following sport for about a year and half now so I'm still a bit lost on certain guys. I can't wait to see him since he's being highly rated. I'm pulling for Stann though, last time I watched him fight was when I was two seats next to Ariel Helwani when he was telling me that this guy bleeds America.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

Yeah Lombard is pretty awesome, before signing with the UFC he was ranked as the best MW in the world not signed to the organization. And to be honest, that fight could go either way. I'd love for Lombard to win but i wouldn't be disappointed with Stann picking up a win.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Main event is fucking awesome, guaranteed fireworks and standing and banging while it lasts.

Other than that, Browne/Rothwell is pretty much the same as Stann/Lombard albeit slower, and DaMarques Johnson vs Mike Swick is a good fight.

The rest is really boring....Machida/Bader is one of the least interesting fights of all time, and Phil Davis is worse than GSP at wrestlefucking.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

Chad Griggs injured and out of his fight with Phil Davis, Undefeated Wagner Prado is stepping in. Hopefully this change will result in the fight being moved to the prelims as not too many people really care or know about either of these guys.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Good card for a free show. Finally Hector Lombard is in UFC and they picked a good opponent first up for him in Stann. I am a fan of the way Stann goes about his business but since Lombard is Australian I will be cheering him on. Rest of the main card all interests me, should produce some good fights. Hoping that Phil Davis can bounce back with a stoppage victory rather than hanging in there for three rounds.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Machida and Davis are all the reasons I need to get pumped for this. Should be interesting to see Shogun again and see how he rebounds from his loss against Henderson. Bradon Vera will likely get murdered tbh.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i don't see Vera being much of a challenge for Shogun, partly why i think Shogun accepted this fight was to get an easy W. He's been on a little bit of a losing streak.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well... its been more like lose to machida, win against Machida, lose to Jones, win against Griffin, lose to Hendo.

He needs a win streak.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well yeah, not really a losing streak but he's at the point where he can come back into title contention with a few good wins. Vera, then maybe the winner of Machida/Bader.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
ufc_logo_wallpaper_medium.jpg

Main Card

Mauricio Rua vs. Brandon Vera
Ryan Bader vs. Lyoto Machida
Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell
Terry Etim vs. Joe Lauzon

Preliminary Card
Matt Mitrione vs. Rob Broughton
Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
Philip De Fries vs. Oli Thompson
DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Swick
Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan
Rani Yahya vs. Josh Grispi
Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa

Thought I'd update a few of theses threads because there's been some pretty big changes to a few of theses cards.​